Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #1
obi

No More Coachmen Leprechaun 310BH

I don’t understand why coachman would discontinue the 310 BH line. The 310BHhas the best layout of any class C in the market. The look and design are great, layout is the best use of space and the dinette L design doesn’t make you feel trapped. I like the couch across from the dinette for two reasons. 1. You get the cross breeze when you open both windows and 2 you get an area of the RV that feels open because the light coming into the RV. Big plus being up by the drive and passenger because every one is sitting close together. Nice for trips when you can talk to your passengers while driving. I have having the couch dinette tandem because all of the large windows are all on one side because this is bad for lighting and temperature control.
One rep told me if I wanted the larger bunkhouse I should purchase the Freelander. I told him he offering me a VW in place of a Mercedes. I am sorry to all those who own a Freelander but they look AWFUL and CHEAP!!!!!! And they are, that’s why dealers like them better than the Leprechaun 310BH. Because they are cheap and the dealer can sell more of them. The rep told me that the Freelander BH model did better in the market than the Leprechaun 310BH. I told him of course they did, every dealer on the west coast sells the Freelander 32BH. I only stumbled upon the Leprechaun 310BH because I did a nation-wide search for Bunkhouse Motor Homes and I found the Leprechaun 310BH in Texas. I could only find two dealers that were actually selling them.
I was hoping that I could get a Leprechaun 310BH after I sold my Forest River Georgetown 375XL in a couple of years. Actually, if I saw the Leprechaun 310BH before I bought my Georgetown 375XL I would have bought the Leprechaun 310BH no contest. I guess I will have to continuously shop around when I sell my Georgetown to find a manufacture who makes a class C close to the Leprechaun 310BH.
obi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #2

I need to assume they were not selling well. Otherwise, they would offer it. Money runs the business.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
obi

I think you missed the part when I said that they did not advertise them well. The dealers that sold them sold out quick. Most dealers were offering the cheap tacky looking Freelander BH model. Again because they felt they could earn a quick buck because they were cheap. I wont buy one. When the time comes I will lool for a manufacturer that has something like the Leprechaun 310BH or I will tell them about the layout of the Leprechaun 310BH.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:04 PM   #4
Site Team

Have you considered asking your questions and making your comments to the Coachmen division? Owners of Coachmen units may not know why the Coachmen company made the decisions of which you ask.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #5
obi

Hi Mr. Dan.

I did contact the Coachman division as soon as I found out. I received several emails from the Coachman Rep Jacob Cowing who disagreed with me and didn't prove that I was wrong. I stated to him in the email that the Leprechaun 310BH could only be found at two dealers and I used their company website dealer locator. Jacob and Coachman wasn't using common sense. If your selling one unit type in two locations and another unit type in over 100 locations of course the unit being sold in more locations is going to do better. Dealers never chose what is best for the consumer, just what is cheap and they can sell more of. In fact one the Owners wrote a post about bringing his Freelander back for some repairs and complained to the dealer about his disappointment in it and the dealers said "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!!!! YOU BOUGHT A CHEAP!!!!!!!! UNIT". I believe the comment is on one of these threads or I read it in a Yealp review.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi View Post
Hi Mr. Dan.

I did contact the Coachman division as soon as I found out. I received several emails from the Coachman Rep Jacob Cowing who disagreed with me and didn't prove that I was wrong. I stated to him in the email that the Leprechaun 310BH could only be found at two dealers and I used their company website dealer locator. Jacob and Coachman wasn't using common sense. If your selling one unit type in two locations and another unit type in over 100 locations of course the unit being sold in more locations is going to do better. Dealers never chose what is best for the consumer, just what is cheap and they can sell more of. In fact one the Owners wrote a post about bringing his Freelander back for some repairs and complained to the dealer about his disappointment in it and the dealers said "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!!!! YOU BOUGHT A CHEAP!!!!!!!! UNIT". I believe the comment is on one of these threads or I read it in a Yealp review.
Looks like you did all I would suggest. I certainly don't understand all the industry's decision-making processes.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:43 AM   #7
Master of the obvious

I looked long and hard at a lot of RV's before buying my Leprechaun. the dinette and open living room area were the features that tipped the scales. I pull out the table and have a huge living space! 22,000 miles since Feb 2017 and still in love with it!
In a few years when my kids stop traveling with us I'll give you a good deal on it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lep.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	188064  
2018 Kia Optima Toad
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
I looked long and hard at a lot of RV's before buying my Leprechaun. the dinette and open living room area were the features that tipped the scales. I pull out the table and have a huge living space! 22,000 miles since Feb 2017 and still in love with it!

In a few years when my kids stop traveling with us I'll give you a good deal on it!

We fell in to a 2017 31BH when we downsized from our HR Ambassador and don’t regret it a bit. The living area is what you say it is and I pulled out bottom bunk and installed a desk so we can work on the road. Loving the Lep!
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #9
obi

Thank you all for responding to my post. I decided to move on from Coachman and find a manufacturer that makes a model close to the leprechaun and make any modifications I need to as to replicate the model.

Good journey
Old 11-25-2018, 11:52 PM   #10

Wish you well with your decision.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen