Old 12-14-2015, 03:58 PM   #51

That's a pretty neat looking installation, and not at all a bad solution for mounting the display unit. Thanks for the compliment. Like I said, I'm anal.

For future reference, here's where I had the panel made:

Front Panel Express: Front Panel Design Software and CAD Conversion Service: Home

You can download their CAD software for free, lay out your panel, and order from within the program which also calculates the cost for you. This one cost me about $25 which I didn't consider too outrageous. Even came with a little pack of gummy bears in the box.

As for torque - I don't know if what I linked to constitutes a "spec sheet" - it was just the best that my Google-fu came up with. I have seen other posts with hints at spec sheets (old posts with now dead links) that tend to confirm that number. My dad's old Craftsman 1/2" torque wrench is only calibrated up to 250 ft-lbs so that's what I used. I figured even if I was 10 ft-lbs shy the front axle is unlikely to fall off. :-)

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2016: 23
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #52

pashooter - RE: LED lighting upgrade

Hi, pashooter, I am taking delivery of a 2016 Pursuit 30fw next week, planning on doing the led conversion as well, can I ask where you sourced your replacement LED's??

Thanks

Scott

Old 12-28-2015, 05:50 AM   #53

Congratulations on the new Pursuit, Scott... I wish you many safe and enjoyable miles in your new rig. I got my LED bulbs from these guys:

M4 Products

They're not the cheapest, but from what I've read are among the best. I've seen mixed reviews on the really inexpensive "direct from China" bulbs available from eBay and the like and decided to go with what appears to be a solid, reputable supplier. As I stated in my first post, I went with their "natural white" lamps - midway between the "warmest" and the "brightest" color temperatures they offer. No complaints at all about how it turned out.

Let us know how you like the new motorhome when you get it!

Old 12-31-2015, 01:44 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashooter View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow campers! I took the week off to chill a bit, get ready for the big family meal today, and of course putter with the motor home some.

This weeks project: a lighting mod. I really like the power step on my Pursuit but didn't like one aspect of how it worked from the factory. There's a switch inside the entryway to turn the step on & off. When on, the step extends whenever the door is opened and retracts when it's closed - that's cool, but would soon get annoying when parked at the campground. The other option is to turn the step off, in which case it extends and stays extended - just what you want when camped. But - there's a light under the step that's only on when the step is turned on and extended. So no light if you turn off the step and leave it out. We can fix that. I also wanted to add lighting inside to illuminate the step well at night or when you're likely to return to the camper after dark. Decided to kill two birds with one stone.

As-built the MH had two switches inside the entry way - one for the step and one for the light in the little "mud room" to the left of the step well. I added a third switch for my new light, and tied this to the existing light on the power step as well, so now turning on the step lights illuminates them both inside and out regardless of the position of the power step switch. The biggest problem was routing wiring down through the floor to get to the light below deck, so while I was at it I also ran a second wire for future storage compartment lighting... this is run off the switch for the mud room light, which now serves as a "master" basement light switch. Here is the result.

The inside light isn't in a "perfect" location but was the best place I could find to mount it and it does a "perfectly" adequate job of lighting the steps in the dark. BTW - you'll notice the hole for the existing double switch looks like it was chewed by a rabid beaver... the nice square extensions on each end were what I cut to add a third switch!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving... we're hosting the family horde as usual and will be frying a 16 pound turkey that my son raised. Should be a wonderful day.
Pashooter,
Nice job on the mods. Where did you find new switch and the light that you used inside ?

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:24 PM   #55

Amazon, of course.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s00

And thanks 5456Mich. It was a fun project and I like the way it turned out - a bit of work, but worth it to me.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:54 AM   #56

First warranty issue

Well... it happens, right? Part of the "adventure." Got a call in to my dealer to make an appointment for my first warranty work. It's been unseasonably warm and humid here for the last couple of months with dew and condensation on everything... plus a fair amount of rain. About a week ago I noticed a small amount of water on the floor in the bathroom area and saw it was dripping from the corner of the skylight over the shower. At first I thought it might be condensation but after a night of heavy rain there was quite a bit of water there. Today was the first time in a while it'd been dry enough so I felt comfortable venturing on the roof, and saw the skylight is cracked in several places along the mounting flange - one crack runs up into the raised part of the plastic dome. Time for a warranty replacement. I have a couple of other minor issues for them to tend to while it's in the shop, none of which would merit a separate trip to the dealer but worth having them fix while it's there. Left a message with their service department and waiting for a call back (don't know if they're even open today).

Old 01-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #57
Former Full Timer

Sorry to hear that. I did not have the cracks however I did have poor sealant application from the factory that allowed a very small amount of seepage. Left uncorrected it would have caused damage. Here's a link to my post with pic. Our pursuit 27KB
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #58

Don't have pics of mine but there must be 5 or 6 cracks in the flange... funny thing is the sealant looks great. I have a small list of other nits - none of which would have merited a trip to the dealer - that I'll have them tend to while they have the coach.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:05 PM   #59

Took some pics today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2742.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	97310   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2744.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	97311   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2745.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	97312   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2746.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	97313  

Old 01-05-2016, 06:09 PM   #60

Just found exactly the same issue on my 2016 Pursuit 30FW, skylight has multiple cracks, and water on the floor in the bathroom (heavy rain in socal today) Guess I have a new item for the repair list

Tags
coachmen