Old 10-05-2015, 10:11 PM   #101

Tell Nate I said hello. Was not there last week Friday when I stopped in.

FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:30 AM   #102
Former Full Timer

Lightbulb TPO Roof Discovery

This past summer our roof took a hit from a falling tree limb. It took a dime sized "divot" out of the TPO. I had some clear silicone adhesive on hand so I made a temp patch to keep the water out. I also noticed some uglys around the skylight so those were addressed as well.

Its been parked under the palms since our return while I collected knowledge and materials needed to properly affect the repair.

A patch was made from eternabond tape and pieces were cut for all four sides of the skylight. Cleaning the roof and letting it dry came next. Then the cleaner, more drying and application of the tape. The tape is tan but the TPO is biege so it will not be an invisible repair.

It is recommended that lap sealant is applied to the edge of the tape to prevent the possibility of high wind peeling and dirt collection. This is where I found out that all TPO is not created equal. I went to Dicor's website and found that there is the green, one part, tube which comes in a few colors and the blue two part that requires a brush on "primer". So how do you know which one to use. The factory uses a lap sealant during manufacture so you can be reasonably certain that they do not spend the time on a two part.

Dicor recommends that you pull a garnish or AC grill so you can determine what type of TPO was used. I did that but the TPO is flush trimmed to the opening and it is hard to tell if it is the older felt backed TPO or the new solid versions. So I called Coachmen yesterday and asked. They returned my call in a few hours (good news) and with a vin # they were able to confirm that my roof was the felt backed TPO which can use either type of lap sealant. For the newer solid TPO you must use the two part. During the conversation Coachmen told me that only the early '14's have the felt backed TPO. So the point of this post is to advise you to check first. I'll get some pics when I head up to finish the job.

Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:28 AM   #103

Nate Hedges

we talk to Nate for a good long time, was showing him all the bubbles on the cabinets,and wall paper, ceiling and tv's, he said make a list and send it to him and he would put a little fire under the dealer, and make sure they do it right, and if they didn't would pull the product from their dealership, he also said that now that I am having trouble with both tv's to go buy one and he would reimburse me up to 300.00 so I could have a tv while I travel,
he is a really nice guy, and cares about how you are satisfied with your coach, he said he is trying to make changes in how the coaches come off the line and the quality that goes into them, we are very impressed with this young guy, and he has helped us from afar,
hammer55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:44 AM   #104

we are currently in Nebraska, we are resting in the KOA in Gretna, going to visit with my DW sisters, it has been 19 years since we were last here, we was thinking of visiting mount rushmore, but was talking to some people who just came from there and they said most camping was closinf for the winter there so we may be too late to see anything that way, may just have to go south again to see anything, since we rushed on the way out to N.C.,since we have not yet bought a toad, we are going to try and rent a car so we can roam around the city and visit, we have been thinking of a toad that is not too expensive, and just get us around short jaunts, do not need much, I have noticed most have jeeps, and some have smart cars, whats the verdict on either, any thoughts, other than we wood have to tow the smart car on a trailer, thats a given
Old 10-09-2015, 07:33 AM   #105

Hammer55
You are correct on Nate being a great guy to deal with. He has been working very hard to make sure that things are taken care of. Did you stop by the Coachman office and Coachman Owners Association office while you were there.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #106

yes we did, my DW had to buy a shirt and cup, and talked with the gal and guys there, very nice and helpful, got a discount since we were members

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResQfrog View Post
Hammer55
You are correct on Nate being a great guy to deal with. He has been working very hard to make sure that things are taken care of. Did you stop by the Coachman office and Coachman Owners Association office while you were there.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #107
Former Full Timer

Hammer55,
Why is it a given that you would tow a Smart Fortwo on a trailer?
Test drive Prism 24G and Smart Passion together
Elbert Hubbard
Old 10-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #108

OK, I might be assuming, making a ***** out of myself, that is OK, my DW says I do that all the time, so you don't have to do anything special in towing a smart car, I have not really checked it out to know a whole lot about them, was just thinking while writing, should have kept my thoughts to a question,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Hammer55,
Why is it a given that you would tow a Smart Fortwo on a trailer?
Test drive Prism 24G and Smart Passion together
Old 10-09-2015, 10:01 PM   #109
Former Full Timer

LOL, not to worry. We've been there, done that. BTW, wait till you find out Jeeps ain't cheap...
Elbert Hubbard
Old 10-10-2015, 07:18 AM   #110

oh I have looked at jeeps, I almost bought one before I bought my 2013 dodge truck,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
LOL, not to worry. We've been there, done that. BTW, wait till you find out Jeeps ain't cheap...