Old 03-09-2016, 01:21 AM   #141
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Here we go again. Back in mid April '15 my OEM AC developed a freon leak and ceased cooling. I bought a new one out of pocket and had it slapped on in order to keep our long planned trip in tact. Dometic did replace the top unit which I was considering installing in the bedroom. Yesterday I cranked the air up to exercise the generator. It operated normally except no cooling! So I checked my PI PMS readout and discovered the compressor was only drawing 8 amps! Oh Neaux, another leaker. This one is under full warranty so I contacted Dometic and was given 4 local authorized dealers that I could contact.
1. Out of business
2. Yachts only... different supplier.
1. Would not do warranty work for Dometic!
So I found one myself and a replacement is on the way.

This will be my 3rd top unit on a 2014 coach! (and I have a spare in the garage)
I don't think I will be recommending this model anytime soon.
Well it is March 8th and the 3rd replacement AC with the correct black shroud now sits atop the coach! Darn good thing I don't go RVing in the winter.

Now I have to followup on the trailer hitch recall. Only been waiting on that since November!

Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:32 AM   #142

wow that is not good, seems they would definitely get you someone to get it taken care of, I don't blame you for not wanting another one, or recommending them at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Well it is March 8th and the 3rd replacement AC with the correct black shroud now sits atop the coach! Darn good thing I don't go RVing in the winter.

Now I have to followup on the trailer hitch recall. Only been waiting on that since November!

hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:45 AM   #143

well went and got her yesterday, she was not done, they replaced some boards on the cabinets, but still the fit was not there, some of the boards stuck out on the ends and you could feel where they didn't match, the ceiling where the glue was showing though, they didn't touch, the wall paper around the drivers window that was bubbling they used seam tape and didn't go around the whole window, they used it just on the bottom and cut it off straight, looks like crap, over all a sh&tty job, wife said forget about it and lets just leave because I was torqued and ready to hit the fan, she said well will just use it till we can get rid of it,,,,
I swear I will never buy another unit from this dealer, and if forest river continues to allow this dealer sell their products I will never buy another forest river product, of coarse, it is my fault for buying a cheap product I understand, but that is what I could afford, when you buy cheap, you get what you pay for,
Never again will I be fooled buy looks, and now I know what and how to look at a unit, next time only wood cabinets for me, not wall paper wood material, and I will search the info on the dealer to see if the are reputable,, my fault I should have done that first, shame on me, live and learn, you would think as old as I am I would be smarter, but not,,,,,,
Old 03-11-2016, 12:39 PM   #144
Former Full Timer

I can honestly say that I did my homework before I bought my 27KB. I knew it was, contrary to FR advertising, a very "low end" unit. I expected what I got for my money.
What I did not expect were the lies and lack of support from Coachmen. I was lucky that my dealer was competent and truly tried to help. Now that everthing but the chassis is out of warranty, I am slowly upgrading all of the bottom of the barrel parts Coachmen used to slap this crate together. This was preplanned so its not a problem. I have a long way to go but will not get close to the $40,000 I saved by going cheap.
Elbert Hubbard
Old 03-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #145

well it will work out for me in the end,,, I might just do what I have to do when the time comes to change things,
right now I am looking into a inverter before I head to north carolina and a solar panel, all I want to do is watch tv, and not have to stay in koa's or good sams, boon doc a little more,,, save some money on the road,,,
Old 03-13-2016, 11:36 PM   #146

Suggest you spend at least a night in their campground to throughly test and see everything.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:48 AM   #147

oh we will DW loves most of the koa's she likes the nice long hot showers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd74 View Post
Suggest you spend at least a night in their campground to throughly test and see everything.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:43 PM   #148
Former Full Timer

LCI Step Recall 15V798

Hi guys,
A few months back you should have received an interim notice of recall for LCI electric steps. I had my 27KB in for the hitch recall and asked the service manager about the steps. He told me that the repair was for the double and triple steps which is what it said in the interim notice. The very next day I received the NHTSA recall notice for the steps in the mail. So I contacted Nate Hedges to discuss the issue. He forwarded my concerns to Corporate Compliance who sent me a copy of the hitch and step recall without acknowledging my concern regarding the recall notice which clearly reads electric double and triple steps. So I contacted Nate again and asked if he wanted to address this or if I should go directly to NHTSA. To his credit, Nate followed up at a higher level and we able to resolve the problem.

Here is a sterilized copy and paste excerpt from the response:

"Mr. XXXXXX's motorhome, VIN 1F65F5DY5xxxxxxxx, is free of Recall 15V798 as Mr. XXXXXX provided a picture of his step to you Nate, which I reviewed myself as well, and it is obvious that Mr. XXXXXX Pursuit is equipped with a single electric step. This single electric step is not within the scope of the recall (15V798), and this VIN 1F65F5DY5xxxxxxxx shall be released internally from this recall effective immediately.

I will issue the order to remove the VIN from the list of recalls under 15V798 this afternoon.

I appreciate your reaching out to me, if I may be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me."

So if you have received the recall and you have the single step you might want to contact FR to have it cleared from your VIN.

Enjoy!
Elbert Hubbard
Old 03-20-2016, 07:23 AM   #149

thanks duck
Old 03-22-2016, 04:57 PM   #150

tried to do a search for the dash switches for our coach, I know I seen a post about them a long while ago, now can't find the post, anyone know what the part number is or where they can be purchased, I was thinking of adding a couple, one for the tire pressure monitor and one for another light,,,,