Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2015, 10:41 PM   #41

Duckogram,
Thanks for the link and thoughts on the topic. I know that Bob Jewells folks are consulting with LSI on the slide so I hope all will be righted soon. I'm curious if in your experience with the slide it moves out more or less uniformly extending and retracting? That's how they worked at first but this second time after repair the movement was very staggered. Since it appears to have been broken in both my experiences, I'm not sure what normal slide operation is supposed to be. Thanks very much.
jjd74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:29 AM   #42
Certified Curmudgeon

The movement of the slide should be smooth and uniform in or out. Originally, mine had a misaligned utility collar binding it (under the fridge) and a belly that was dragging on the floor that was also binding. Then there was the lower right gear that was off 1 tooth and the track that is not butted up against the outer end of the slide causing a total of 3/8 inch gap at the bottom. Pre purchase it squealed, moaned and groaned. It was quited for the PDI but not fixed so it remained on the punch list along with other issues. Basically, I drove it home (100 miles) and did a full inspection. I checked everything I could think of. I then took that multi page punch list and made an appointment with the dealership to fix everything. It was in the shop for 3 months.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #43

many window manufactures recommend paraffin or teflon or gulf wax, which are a dry lubricant which do not attract dust or grime, pella for one, wooks good on wood and aluminum slides
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #44
Certified Curmudgeon

Lippert calls for CRC Power Lube with PTFE. Here is the LCI video on the "How To";
Old 02-22-2015, 01:29 PM   #45

mods

had to much closet space for hanging clothes, and the small closet next to the bathroom was too small for anything for me so I did this so far,,,

added some shelves in the fist closet, and added room for more pantry items in the small closet by the bath,,,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090462.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	361.9 KB
ID:	70045   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090463.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	70046  
Old 02-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #46
Certified Curmudgeon

That looks great. Your new pantry reminded me that the access panel for your shower valve is on the back wall. I was able to flip the fixture and reverse the hot/cold lines to retain hot on left. Now up is on and the leak from the joint which was dripping behind the dog bowl drawer is fixed.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:20 PM   #47

Thanks for this info Ducky! I should be getting the unit soon and will report back.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #48

alignment and grease

had the alignment done yesterday and it was only off some, forest river said they would cover it, just send them the bill, we'll see! the real issue was the grease in the front end, the guy I went to, and I use them often, said there was absolutely no grease in any of the front end joints, NONE, I was feeling the front end wasn't feeling as tight as it should have been, and when I bought it and was waiting for a time to pick it up, I asked the dealer to check everything including "GREASE", guess they for got since they already had the papers signed, I also had them move the back ASB arms to the other holes since they were under there, the fronts looked like it would move the ASB too close to the springs, and if you would go over a big dip or bump it might hit, ever have it hit in the front springs, anyone, seem where people have had them either extended or put adjustible arms on the front
Old 02-27-2015, 11:17 AM   #49
Certified Curmudgeon

As I mentioned earlier, I did hear some "clunking" when I moved the links to the firm position. I cannot say if the noise was caused by the poor deflection angle between the stock link and the ASB or if the bolt head was clipping the leaf spring. I did not notice any hateful gouges on the spring when I added the Helwig 7962 adjustable links. If you do add them, I suggest 12 5/8" length (measured from bolt centers). That will give you the same deflection angle as the short links in the soft position. I believe the oem links are 10 1/2".

As for the grease, I found the same issue. There also a "hidden" fitting on top of steering box that most miss.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #50

did you get your adjustable links on amazon, or where are they the cheapest I am cheap you know
, and thanks for the info for the one on top of the steering box I will check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
As I mentioned earlier, I did hear some "clunking" when I moved the links to the firm position. I cannot say if the noise was caused by the poor deflection angle between the stock link and the ASB or if the bolt head was clipping the leaf spring. I did not notice any hateful gouges on the spring when I added the Helwig 7962 adjustable links. If you do add them, I suggest 12 5/8" length (measured from bolt centers). That will give you the same deflection angle as the short links in the soft position. I believe the oem links are 10 1/2".

As for the grease, I found the same issue. There also a "hidden" fitting on top of steering box that most miss.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:42 PM   #51
Certified Curmudgeon

Yes, Amazon. $94.85 back in May '14
Old 03-01-2015, 04:39 PM   #52
Certified Curmudgeon

Update: One more upgrade for the 27KB. A locking gas cap. The Stant 10508 is a direct replacement. I bought mine at Advanced. If they ask you what its for, tell them its for a 2015 Maybach S600... ROFLOL
Old 03-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #53

pump

was working on the MH when I decided to sanitize the water tank and system, well got the bleach and the water in,
then went inside to fill the lines and flush them all out,
ah ha, turned on the pump, went to turn the water on and wala, no water, say what the hey, of coarse went out to see if the pump was running,,,,nope,,,,
the connections were in the wire loom, moved them around and the pump came on intermittently,
well glad I was going to check and sanitize the system, re-spliced the connection, all was good after that,,, the connection just fell apart
Old 03-12-2015, 10:25 AM   #54

packing up

Almost ready for our first trip to the beach, man it is costing a pretty penny to get things arranged in the new one, when I sold my trailer back when, I should have kept the stuff in the rafters, now I cannot seam to find the items I bought to hold things from sliding around in the cabinets, and buying extra items to make the DW happy, when mama's happy everybody's happy!!!!, wish I was more limber, they are a few things y'all have done I would like to accomplish, but have to wait till I find someone who will accommodate my way of doing things, anyway, almost there for the trial run to see if we have everything and if it is all in the right spot, to the DW liking
Old 03-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #55

Hammer55, Even after one year we are still trying to find the best way to store everything. The worst part is we have more room to store things then we did in the travel trailer. Which leads to purchasing more stuff.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:03 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmiller32 View Post
Hammer55, Even after one year we are still trying to find the best way to store everything. The worst part is we have more room to store things then we did in the travel trailer. Which leads to purchasing more stuff.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:11 AM   #57

Propane BBQ

finally got all the necessary items to get to use my BBQ, went to the local propane dealer here and he had the tee and a leakproof valve, he didnt have the quick disconnect, so I had to go to the closest rv dealer here, and what a exuberant price, wow, oh well now I am ready for some tri tip steaks on the barbie ,
Old 03-14-2015, 05:59 AM   #58
Certified Curmudgeon

Hmmm. You must be hungry since you posted at 3:11am left side time. Those quick disconnects are available at Lowes for $12.99. I use them for my Q-300.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:12 AM   #59

lol. always for BBQ, checked our lowes here, nuttun, home depot, everyplace I could thing of before going to the dreaded RV dealer, I am always awakened by pian about every three hours, stinks but that's the way it is, trying to get all the little stuff I can do my self, big stuff I have to have done, I did get my ladder steady aka flag pole mounted for my trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Hmmm. You must be hungry since you posted at 3:11am left side time. Those quick disconnects are available at Lowes for $12.99. I use them for my Q-300.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:18 PM   #60

Hammer55 - I meant to say that I was admiring your shelves in the pantry closet. Can I ask where you got them? That's just what I wanted to do with that space.. Looks great!