Old 02-15-2015, 10:41 PM   #41

Duckogram,
Thanks for the link and thoughts on the topic. I know that Bob Jewells folks are consulting with LSI on the slide so I hope all will be righted soon. I'm curious if in your experience with the slide it moves out more or less uniformly extending and retracting? That's how they worked at first but this second time after repair the movement was very staggered. Since it appears to have been broken in both my experiences, I'm not sure what normal slide operation is supposed to be. Thanks very much.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:29 AM   #42
Former Full Timer

The movement of the slide should be smooth and uniform in or out. Originally, mine had a misaligned utility collar binding it (under the fridge) and a belly that was dragging on the floor that was also binding. Then there was the lower right gear that was off 1 tooth and the track that is not butted up against the outer end of the slide causing a total of 3/8 inch gap at the bottom. Pre purchase it squealed, moaned and groaned. It was quited for the PDI but not fixed so it remained on the punch list along with other issues. Basically, I drove it home (100 miles) and did a full inspection. I checked everything I could think of. I then took that multi page punch list and made an appointment with the dealership to fix everything. It was in the shop for 3 months.

Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #43

many window manufactures recommend paraffin or teflon or gulf wax, which are a dry lubricant which do not attract dust or grime, pella for one, wooks good on wood and aluminum slides
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #44
Former Full Timer

Lippert calls for CRC Power Lube with PTFE. Here is the LCI video on the "How To";
Elbert Hubbard
Old 02-22-2015, 01:29 PM   #45

mods

had to much closet space for hanging clothes, and the small closet next to the bathroom was too small for anything for me so I did this so far,,,

added some shelves in the fist closet, and added room for more pantry items in the small closet by the bath,,,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090462.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	361.9 KB
ID:	70045   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090463.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	70046  
Old 02-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #46
Former Full Timer

That looks great. Your new pantry reminded me that the access panel for your shower valve is on the back wall. I was able to flip the fixture and reverse the hot/cold lines to retain hot on left. Now up is on and the leak from the joint which was dripping behind the dog bowl drawer is fixed.
Elbert Hubbard
Old 02-26-2015, 10:20 PM   #47

Thanks for this info Ducky! I should be getting the unit soon and will report back.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #48

alignment and grease

had the alignment done yesterday and it was only off some, forest river said they would cover it, just send them the bill, we'll see! the real issue was the grease in the front end, the guy I went to, and I use them often, said there was absolutely no grease in any of the front end joints, NONE, I was feeling the front end wasn't feeling as tight as it should have been, and when I bought it and was waiting for a time to pick it up, I asked the dealer to check everything including "GREASE", guess they for got since they already had the papers signed, I also had them move the back ASB arms to the other holes since they were under there, the fronts looked like it would move the ASB too close to the springs, and if you would go over a big dip or bump it might hit, ever have it hit in the front springs, anyone, seem where people have had them either extended or put adjustible arms on the front
Old 02-27-2015, 11:17 AM   #49
Former Full Timer

As I mentioned earlier, I did hear some "clunking" when I moved the links to the firm position. I cannot say if the noise was caused by the poor deflection angle between the stock link and the ASB or if the bolt head was clipping the leaf spring. I did not notice any hateful gouges on the spring when I added the Helwig 7962 adjustable links. If you do add them, I suggest 12 5/8" length (measured from bolt centers). That will give you the same deflection angle as the short links in the soft position. I believe the oem links are 10 1/2".

As for the grease, I found the same issue. There also a "hidden" fitting on top of steering box that most miss.
Elbert Hubbard
Old 02-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #50

did you get your adjustable links on amazon, or where are they the cheapest I am cheap you know
, and thanks for the info for the one on top of the steering box I will check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
As I mentioned earlier, I did hear some "clunking" when I moved the links to the firm position. I cannot say if the noise was caused by the poor deflection angle between the stock link and the ASB or if the bolt head was clipping the leaf spring. I did not notice any hateful gouges on the spring when I added the Helwig 7962 adjustable links. If you do add them, I suggest 12 5/8" length (measured from bolt centers). That will give you the same deflection angle as the short links in the soft position. I believe the oem links are 10 1/2".

As for the grease, I found the same issue. There also a "hidden" fitting on top of steering box that most miss.