Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2015, 06:51 AM   #121

I have been emailing Nate frequently, I have emailed the dealer again and again, got the shipping info from forest river, we will see, I am thinking of taking a winter trip, really tired of all the hassle of dealing with all of this, I bought the motorhome to relax from other issues I have been dealing with for six years,,, no rest for the wicked,
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:29 PM   #122
Certified Curmudgeon

My latest upgrade. Maybe I won't set the LP alarm off anymore...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	97202  
Old 01-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #123

Nice. I had a Fantastic Fan installed in my bathroom by the dealer as part of the sales deal. Sure beats the wimpy little fan from the factory.

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2019: 76
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #124

I like it!
jjd74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:19 AM   #125

Thumbs up

I got a three month extension from Nate on my warranty, and got a call from the dealer for a appointment to take the MH in on the 1st of February, they say now they have all the stuff to finally take care of everthing, we shall see, Nate has really tried to work with us, the dealer not so much, things would be a lot better if the factory would have better QA and quality products before the unit left the factory lot, but glad I am seeing progress on the issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
I have been emailing Nate frequently, I have emailed the dealer again and again, got the shipping info from forest river, we will see, I am thinking of taking a winter trip, really tired of all the hassle of dealing with all of this, I bought the motorhome to relax from other issues I have been dealing with for six years,,, no rest for the wicked,
Old 01-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #126
Certified Curmudgeon

That is good news. Hope it works out with the dealer.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #127

Sitting in the Hampton Inn in Middlebury, IN to drop our coach off to Nate and Bob tomorrow. Hopefully the can turn it around quick. Taking care of a bedroom slide problem they found last year about this time.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:57 AM   #128

hows the weather there, glad to see your getting it fixed,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResQfrog View Post
Sitting in the Hampton Inn in Middlebury, IN to drop our coach off to Nate and Bob tomorrow. Hopefully the can turn it around quick. Taking care of a bedroom slide problem they found last year about this time.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:58 AM   #129

thanks duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
That is good news. Hope it works out with the dealer.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:53 AM   #130

Temperature this morning was -1 as per weather bug and 0 on the dash board. One thing for sure is those seats are really cold and stiff at this temperature.
FROG Member
Old 01-26-2016, 12:21 PM   #131

Schwintek

well went to pull the slide in when we were about to leave for our little get away at the beach, and low and behold the slide would come in and stopped about four inches from completely coming in, called the dealer to talk to a maintenance guy and he had no clue, so then I remembered that I down loaded some info on the slide components on my PC, looked through and found the place it talked about the manual over ride, used it to pull the slide all the way in, now I just need to see how to reprogram the slide, we took off and were are now relaxing at the beach, the slide went out fine, just need to play with it and see is I can get it re-programmed for when we come home, this is the first time we have any problem, drove to North Carolina and it work great at every stop, until now, I really don't trust these mechanisms at all, not sine they destroyed it the first time when we went to pick it up at the dealer the first time,, WSY
Old 02-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #132

Dash Cover

has anyone seen or bought a shadepro dash cover for our pursuits, I would like to see a picture before I buy to make sure it is what I want and thet it looks good, they have them listed and I was going to make one but if they have it it would be a lot saved time and work for me to just buy one,, anyone
Old 02-03-2016, 05:37 PM   #133

Have not seen their dash cover yet. Just waiting for their vistashade for the power awning to come in. Plan to try it out when we get to Florida on vacation.
FROG Member
Old 02-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #134

Well it is a bad controller, just out of warranty, great luck huh,

Quote:
well went to pull the slide in when we were about to leave for our little get away at the beach, and low and behold the slide would come in and stopped about four inches from completely coming in, called the dealer to talk to a maintenance guy and he had no clue, so then I remembered that I down loaded some info on the slide components on my PC, looked through and found the place it talked about the manual over ride, used it to pull the slide all the way in, now I just need to see how to reprogram the slide, we took off and were are now relaxing at the beach, the slide went out fine, just need to play with it and see is I can get it re-programmed for when we come home, this is the first time we have any problem, drove to North Carolina and it work great at every stop, until now, I really don't trust these mechanisms at all, not sine they destroyed it the first time when we went to pick it up at the dealer the first time,, WSY
Old 02-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #135

Well got some good news yesterday, while the coach was being fixed, all the problems from the start,
and some that came up this year,
the service guy called and said that the schwintek controller was covered, I don't know why or how, or by who, he talked to the DW, and she didn't ask, but I will find out and share later, he didn't order it till he was sure they were going to cover it, he should have ordered it anyway because I couldn't use it the way it was, but anyway I am glad they had the heart to cover it, now as long as they did a good job and everything is up to par, I will be a happy camper,

Quote:
Well it is a bad controller, just out of warranty, great luck huh,
Old 02-18-2016, 11:14 PM   #136
Certified Curmudgeon

Good news. The non coachmen parts may have longer warranties than the coach. The chassis is a prime example.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #137

right, I know the chassis warranty, which I extended, but the manufacture warranty on the schwintek slide components is one year from purchase date, I even contacted them for advice, I really believe without contacting Nate Hedges that he just included it in my warranty extension from him for 120 days so I could get the coach fixed from my dealer, I also believe he contacted the dealer and told them to get in gear, because they lollygagged for so long to repair my coach, of coarse I am just guessing at this point, but I would almost guaranty that is what happened, Nate Hedges has been fantastic in his helping me with everything, and I wish the coach had better quality assurance when made, but that is neither here not there,

one thing I did before my last outing to the beach, was to change my oil to full synthetic, and it might be just me but the roar from the engine going up the 5% grade on the trip was a lot quieter, It might be my imagination, but I will almost bet my DW on it, LoL, when I went to buy the royal purple oil, the guy told me that was for racing engines, what was I putting it in, I told him a motorhome, and he said why, and I asked if he ever drove a motorhome up a 6% grade, he said no, I said it sounds like your racing your car on a drag strip, anyway, I am very pleased with the full synthetic difference,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Good news. The non coachmen parts may have longer warranties than the coach. The chassis is a prime example.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:28 AM   #138

Camping supplies

found this site, just thought I would share, just in case they might be reasonable

rvupgradestore.com/ I bought a item that was cheaper here than any other place I found,,,
Old 02-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #139
Certified Curmudgeon

I have used them a couple of time. They are ok.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #140

Motor Home is ready

well they called ans said out coach is ready, so we are going by to check it out at 1:00 pm, I sure hope all is done, other wise it will set there until it is, I have till april 4th to make sure it is all complete, and if I have too I will let it sit there, and if still not done I will still not go get her until they finish, they were contracted to fix her and by golly they have a responsibility to do so, well that is my opinion anyway