Duckogram, good luck.

FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:35 PM   #72
Former Full Timer

Black Tank Flush

Installed the Camco Quickie Flush this morning. Pics are posted on photobucket.

Install was difficult only because it is all left hand work and not much room to maneuver. So if you are good with your left hand and have good hand strength you should have no problem.
Tips for a smooth install:
Deburr and sand the mounting surface for a good seal. Clean with alcohol before applying silicone adhesive sealant.
Dont over tighten screws as the tank is fairly soft.
Mount the hose connector high enough to allow access to the drain valves and water pump but low enough to have room to straight connect.

I did not install the turbo model due to excessive negative posts.

Happy Flushing ... Ill post how it works when I get back from our more south excursion.

Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #73
Former Full Timer

Brisk Leaker Update

The "boys" showed up this morning with my new Brisk Air II. I already had the lower unit off, the long bolts out and the sensor and control unplugged so it was just a matter of schleping the unit up the ladder and swapping out the white for black shroud. 45 minutes later and I'm up and running. This unit is quieter than the OEM. I read something about new insulators on the compressor & fan. They appear to work. Now we are ready to roll.

Warranty:
The new unit has a 2 year ltd warranty. There is also an optional 3 year add on from Dometic. Coachmen has nothing to do with it. As soon as my product registration is processed, I will be able to get the exact pricing.
I'm wondering if one could get the add on from Dometic for a new coach???
Anyhow, the tech is going to contact Dometic and put in warranty claim for me. We will see how that goes. Worse case scenario I end up with spare starter, fans, blower motor and an unused shroud.
Elbert Hubbard
Old 05-02-2015, 09:33 PM   #74
Former Full Timer

New pics posted on photobucket showing sides and rear after removal of free advertising. Found all four tilt adjusting screws loose on the camera while I was up there and noticed the slap it on job as the bracket mounting screws were put in on a 45* angle so it could be installed with the camera attached. Sad part was that I was not surprised. ��
Elbert Hubbard
Old 06-08-2015, 12:06 PM   #75

entry door,

been trying to find a door holder for it for sometime, didn't want the white plastic cheapo they sell or wanted to attach from the dealer, so I got in touch with Nate at FR, and after me sending him pictures of the door, he said it was the wrong door for my MH and if I wanted he would suggest that I replace that door, and FR would pay for it,,
soooooooooo,,
on april 23 I contacted the dealer service rep. told him it was already set up and all he had to door was contact FR Chris, because I already sent them pictures, and discussed it with Nate,
soooooooooo,,
I had a little family emergency in N. carolina and we had to fly ouy there to help with our four grandsons, and was gone 4 weeks with travel and everything,
soooooooooo,,
when I got back, we had a phone call from the service rep. about the door holder, that he had some in to install,same guy mind you I contacted about the door change, being a little confused and aggravated , I had the wife call and talk to him, she said they forgot about the door change, BUT NOW WAS ON TOP OF IT, so I asid good at least they was going to get it ordered, so the next day, I emailed Nate at FR to see if it actually had been ordered, and he said no, so me and the DW make a trip to the dealer to see whats up, and I let the DW do all the talking, OK, now we got it squared away, and it was going to get ordered and all is well,
soooooooooo,,
the next day I once again email Nate and said I had made a trip to the dealer and talk personally with him and finally looked like he was going to get the thing (door) ordered, with deals and all,
soooooooooo,,
after all of that, I received a email from Nate and Chris that they have not a order from the dealership for my door, and this morning I got another cc,, from Nate, him emailing the dealership about my door, and if they had ordered a door for me and if they had the PO# so he could send me a tracking number to me so I could be up to date on when the door will arrive,,

To say the least I am perplexed at the dealership, and FR, and am wondering how two businesses could survive with such lousy service, and why FR would allow such a company to sell the product, with such a lack of commitment of service to those of us who spend money on their product to keep them in business,,,,

sorry for such a long post, I am just crazy with all of their lack of caring,
Hammer
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #76
Former Full Timer

So what I read from that is Coachmen QC = 0 and your dealer's service and competency also = 0. At least Nate appears to be trying to fix it. Thats a boatload more then his predecessor. See, there is positive progress. Keep beating on them. I'd be writing to the GM/Owner of that dealership now.
Elbert Hubbard
Old 06-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #77
Former Full Timer

Follow-up to the AC saga. The new Brisk air worked just fine while down in the Keys.
The mobile service guy did contact Dometic and they sent a replacement. So now I have a brand new spare 15k AC sitting in my garage...
Cudos to Dometic for standing behind their product.
Elbert Hubbard
Old 06-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #78

your perspective is correct, and yes, I need to find out who holds the papers to that place, and write him a nice (sort of) long letter,

but glad your air conditioner worked out well, congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
So what I read from that is Coachmen QC = 0 and your dealer's service and competency also = 0. At least Nate appears to be trying to fix it. Thats a boatload more then his predecessor. See, there is positive progress. Keep beating on them. I'd be writing to the GM/Owner of that dealership now.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #79

FINALLY

I am finally going to take my coach wednesday to get some of the work done and get the door changed, I had to contact them to see if they had the door yet because it had been so long with no contact, they received the door on the 6th of july according to coachman (they sent me the shipping info when I asked about the door, with the tracking info), I finally emailed manteca trailer on the 26th of july, and they answered the 28th saying they had just got the door and was going to call me, I really don't understand a company who is so low and incredibly stupid to not take care of their service, totally killing their business, it is the last time I will ever buy or refer them to anyone, I guess they don't care though.
I also am not going to let them keep it for three months like they did when I first bought the MH, and all that time they didn't do anything to it,
Old 09-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #80

well got the coach back yesterday, of coarse the door was the wrong color so had to be repainted, they got the wrong color fake wood crap to fix the bubbled places on the fake cabinets, and had to order the back curtains and the TV, the coach was a disaster inside, filthy, was clean when I left it, the joy of ownership