Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #161
Certified Curmudgeon

No, Would have liked to but the tote carrier will no fit well.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #162

wiper blades

I would like to change my blades before my trip,
when replacing wiper blades, did you replace with the same size, or go bigger, and what brand is the best, I found the trico brand with so called different performance types, who has a better idea, or brand,

thanks
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:36 PM   #163
Certified Curmudgeon

You can only go 2" longer or you take the chance of hitting then before they reach the bottom of the arc. Also consider the increase in stress on your wiper transmission and motor due to increase in friction. I used the bosch micro edge and tennis balls when I'm parked. Doesn't the sun always shine when you are RV'ing?
Old 04-24-2016, 08:05 AM   #164

yep, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
YDoesn't the sun always shine when you are RV'ing?
Old 05-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #165

traveling

well we made it to Lake Havasu on our journey to the south coast, then on up to North Carolina, having some trouble with the dash a/c, started with a low whine, then started making noise, can a guy go to a ford dealer, or does one have to use a rv dealership to get it looked at
Old 05-12-2016, 07:49 AM   #166

This is where the finger pointing may begin. I believe Forest River installs the dash A/C and therefore you should go to an R V dealer. However if the noise is actually being caused by the chassis A/C system then you'll be sent to a Ford dealer. It's a difficult situation but I'd start with the RV dealer.
JohnMirada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #167

I will call both, thanks for the direction,

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMirada View Post
This is where the finger pointing may begin. I believe Forest River installs the dash A/C and therefore you should go to an R V dealer. However if the noise is actually being caused by the chassis A/C system then you'll be sent to a Ford dealer. It's a difficult situation but I'd start with the RV dealer.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:42 AM   #168

travels to North carolina

well we made it to San Antonio Texas, we were trying to do the river walk, we have pouring rain, haha, looks like pouring rain all this week, being from Cali, we have not had rain like this since I was a kid, oh well we will see how it plays out here, next on our agenda was to head to New Orleans to the french quarter, hope the weather turns shortly, but not likely
Old 06-17-2016, 09:07 PM   #169
Certified Curmudgeon

Two New Upgrades

On our way North we stopped in Seffner, FL and had a dash cover and side window day/night roller shade made.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	312.1 KB
ID:	111414  
Old 06-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #170
Certified Curmudgeon

Dash cover Rt side.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	115
Size:	345.7 KB
ID:	111415  
Old 06-17-2016, 09:10 PM   #171
Certified Curmudgeon

Dash cover Lt side. Both items were made and installed in one day by Wade RV. I did have a pre-scheduled appointment for the dash cover however the roller shade was an add on.
They came to LazyDays RV park the in late afternoon when we were in our site, made a template of the dash, measured for shade (different guy) and came back the next afternoon to the installation. Different guys for that as well. They were fast, neat and clean. The finished product is first rate and cost was comparable to internet sourcing where you would be installing it yourself. I'm happy with my choice.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	124
Size:	326.5 KB
ID:	111416  
Old 06-18-2016, 05:29 AM   #172

Very nice!

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2019: 76
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:35 AM   #173

looks great there duck,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Dash cover Lt side. Both items were made and installed in one day by Wade RV. I did have a pre-scheduled appointment for the dash cover however the roller shade was an add on.
They came to LazyDays RV park the in late afternoon when we were in our site, made a template of the dash, measured for shade (different guy) and came back the next afternoon to the installation. Different guys for that as well. They were fast, neat and clean. The finished product is first rate and cost was comparable to internet sourcing where you would be installing it yourself. I'm happy with my choice.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #174

now I just have to figure how I want to tow it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fart car.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	120238  
Old 09-16-2016, 04:42 PM   #175
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
now I just have to figure how I want to tow it
You could almost stuff it in a storage compartment...

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:01 PM   #176

yepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
You could almost stuff it in a storage compartment...

Aaron
Old 09-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #177

Where's the rest of it?

You gonna flat or dolly tow? Or just zip tie it to the bumper?

Old 09-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #178

hahaha "pa"
it is either flat tow or full trailer tow, from what I read, of coarse I could be wrong,
I was going to try to zip it but i couldn't find the black tye wraps long enough to go around the motor home and the go cart all in one length,

but was way cheaper to get this rather than a jeep, to the tune of about 30 grand difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashooter View Post
Where's the rest of it?

You gonna flat or dolly tow? Or just zip tie it to the bumper?
Old 09-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #179

Should be easy to tow either way, and the perfect size for zipping around the campground and the local area...

Old 10-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #180
Certified Curmudgeon

27KB Slide Failure and Repair - a long story!

While on our Summer adventure I began noticing that the slide was not retracting evenly and the motors would have to re-synchronize after every operation. I checked the tracks and for debris but found no issue. I lubed the gear block with CRC Power Lube w/ptfe as specified. It seemed to help a little.

As we continued our travels the slide operation became very labored. This "binding" increased until it reached the point that caused the motors to "amp out", or shut down due to load. This caused the control box to indicate a "short" to Motor #1 which is the rear motor. I inspected the wiring and even reset the connectors. No change. At this point the slide would no longer retract on its own. I did another inspection and this time I noticed that the rollers under the slide had made indentations into the bottom of the slide! This appeared to be the cause of the binding as it allowed the slide to lower on the gear blocks. A close look at the v- roller under the gear block confirmed this theory as they were loose under the track. I discussed this with some friends/fellow RV'ers and we were in agreement. The slide needed repair that I could not do while traveling. I was thinking that inserting some steel plates above the rollers would reinforce the bottom of the slide and allow the gear blocks to move freely. So what was I to do? The RV is really not very useable without the slide working. So on July 31st I wrote to Nate Hedges asking for help. I needed to find a place to get it fixed while we were traveling. Nate responded and advised me that there were no repair facilities that could do the repair in a timely manner. He then asked if I could come to Middlebury, IN. At this point we were on our way from the Birkshires (Western MA) to Topsail Beach, NC. Our choices were to go home (SW Florida) unload and take it up to Nokomis for repair which would end our travels for a long period, or divert to Indiana. We decided to say yes to Middlebury. Nate coordinated with Bob Jewell and we set a date for getting it in for him to look at it. Nate also offered us the campground facilities at the factory. Three days later we arrived at the factory. By this time the slide was no longer functioning. It was mostly closed, enough for travel, but something was very wrong...
We showed up at the repair facility bright and early the next morning. Mr. Jewell got us in and we moved into the lounge with our pooch. We had our toad so we were able to go out for lunch during the wait. Mr. Jewell came in with news for everybody who was waiting in the early afternoon. It was not good. Yes the bottom of the slide was not supporting the weight. He suggested that he could put some steel plates over the rollers! He also suggested a couple of extra rollers under the bed and fridge to help relieve the drag and more evenly distribute the weight. So far so good. Now comes the bombshell. Turns out the entire slide frame was defective, out of tolerance and broken. This is not good. So Mr. Jewell had contacted LCI and their technician came out to look at it. He agreed and LCI replaced the entire assembly. Frame, gears, blocks, wiring harnesses and motors. It took 3 days to fix it.
We stayed at a retreat in Amish country that allowed pets. It was operated by the spouse of one of the technicians at the repair facility. It was fantastic! We spent our time exploring the area an meeting some new folks. When our repairs were completed we headed back to pick our unit up and resume our travels. I walked in and they had the coach ready to go. I asked for the bill and was told that LCI and Coachmen had stepped up and took care of it! My jaw dropped. I can't tell you how surprised I was. It was totally unexpected. My unit was 2 years out of warranty.

We were able to continue our travels for another month because of the efforts of Nate Hedges, Bob Jewell and LCI (Will).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Now some bad news. Bob Jewell is retiring at the end of this year. Whoever replaces him will have some really big shoes to fill. Our best wishes to Bob and his family for a very enjoyable and well earned retirement.

To end on a high note, my past experiences with Coachmen were not very good. However, it appears that things are changing for the better. If you are having a problem you should give Nate Hedges a chance to make it right. I took that step and things ended up great.

Maybe we'll see ya on the road next Summer.

Best Regards,
Ducky