Old 09-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #81

noticed a few outings ago the water level was showing full after just a few minuets after starting to fill, so yesterday I took the panel off to see what was going on, took the wires off the level prob that was covered checked no level reading, took the top one off and put it on the bottom, walla, they put the full and the 2/3 wires on wrong, great quality assurance

hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #82

finally got my safe-t-plus installed, on the drive home, it felt tighter going at slower speeds, didn't feel super tight at higher speeds, will have to see how it works on the longer trip,
I am going to drive as long as I can stand it going, we will see where I can make my stops, I will look at google and see where the best places to stop are along the way,

Old 09-06-2015, 10:28 PM   #83
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
finally got my safe-t-plus installed, on the drive home, it felt tighter going at slower speeds, didn't feel super tight at higher speeds, will have to see how it works on the longer trip,
I am going to drive as long as I can stand it going, we will see where I can make my stops, I will look at google and see where the best places to stop are along the way,
You can get a "tighter" feel by adjusting the slop out of the worm gear on the stearing box. I think it is a 3/4" lock nut on the blade screw. I have a hollow socket with a bar on the side that came with my chain saw that works perfectly and a fat stubby flat screwdriver to turn and hold the adjusting screw. Two finger tight took out 1/2 the play. Now it is under 1". Don't forget to grease the box while you are at it.
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:08 AM   #84

thanks, I will try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
You can get a "tighter" feel by adjusting the slop out of the worm gear on the stearing box. I think it is a 3/4" lock nut on the blade screw. I have a hollow socket with a bar on the side that came with my chain saw that works perfectly and a fat stubby flat screwdriver to turn and hold the adjusting screw. Two finger tight took out 1/2 the play. Now it is under 1". Don't forget to grease the box while you are at it.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #85

trip to N.C.

well were on or trip, we have made it to New Mexico, wide open spaces though Arizona and New Mexico, beautiful country though,hopefully make it to Amarillo or so tomorrow,,,
any good quick stops along the way on hwy 40
Old 09-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #86
Former Full Timer

A place to stay and an amazing sight to see. Just N of ABQ in a little town named Bernalillo there is a native historical site colicated with a county RV park called Coronado. It sits on the W side of the Rio Grande. Its a 1 day trip to Amarillo from there. BTW, I40 through Amarillo is rougher than a stucco bathtub. You need park recommendations in AMA?

Did you stop to see the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest in the way by?
Elbert Hubbard
Old 09-13-2015, 03:49 AM   #87

we have not really stopped anywhere, we are going to stop on the way back, but first trek up too Nebraska to see her family, yes Amarillo was rough, so is parts of Tenn, what is really bad is the wind in Oklahoma and part way through Tenn. we are in Jackson right now and I am going to get a early start to try and beat the wind, last trek to NC today,,,
thanks for the info on Bernalillo

it is actually 02:49 where we are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
A place to stay and an amazing sight to see. Just N of ABQ in a little town named Bernalillo there is a native historical site colicated with a county RV park called Coronado. It sits on the W side of the Rio Grande. Its a 1 day trip to Amarillo from there. BTW, I40 through Amarillo is rougher than a stucco bathtub. You need park recommendations in AMA?

Did you stop to see the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest in the way by?
Old 09-23-2015, 02:56 PM   #88

Duck,

Picking up my 2016 31BD in a couple of weeks and interested in your black flush install. Where might I find your photobucket pics?

Thanks!

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2016: 23
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #89
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashooter View Post
Duck,

Picking up my 2016 31BD in a couple of weeks and interested in your black flush install. Where might I find your photobucket pics?

Thanks!
Sorry, I do not link to my photobucket in public forums. I have added you to my contact list so you can send a PM now. If you pm your email address I will reply to that address with the photos you want attached.

Congrats on your new A and enjoy it and your retirement in good health.
Elbert Hubbard
Old 09-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #90

Television/satalite hook up. My Pursuit came with a really bad antena. Everyone around me was picking up 10-12 Channels. I got none. I called the rep and was told to take it in for repair. When I got there, several channels came in. Nothing wrong, they say. Next, I got a satellite receiver and antenna. By connecting directly to a tv, it was great. Had to run the antena cable thru a window. Seems wrong. Also, it only works on the one tv. What's the fix?