Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #1

Our pursuit 27KB

went to do the walk through and get the MH yesterday, and the kid who was doing the WT started extending the slide, and it started popping and sticking on the front top of the slide, and I said to him that doesn't sound good at all, so after awhile talking he went and got someone from the shop, and the guy proceeded to try to expand and retract the slide with all the popping and sticking for about 10 minuets or so, then I looked up at the track on the top, and could see clean shinny metal, and told the kid about what I see, and then he told the older guy, and then ya'll know what then, some of the teeth were missing and it was all messed up,

now, after reading about things and not having a slide before, I have come to the conclusion that the coach was to out of level on the back end of the coach and should have been on more level ground or, leveled by the jacks to get the slide out of the bind, after reading and remembering how the coach was setting this is my conclusion, am I out of my realm of expertise, what is your thoughts
now they have to order the parts to fix it, and it might take a few weeks,
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #2

Hammer55,

On our 31BDS we were told to never run the slides with out having the coach leveled. We have two different slide types on ours, the main slide has a twin track rack and Pinon system and sometimes it will stick a little along the top. Gaskets stick some. The bedroom slide is a cable system with one gearbox and motor. That slide makes more noise than the main slide. Good luck with the repairs. I am taking ours back to the factory for some warranty items on the 26th. Do not trust the local dealer.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #3

rgmiller32

thanks for your reply, I wasn't sure, never had a slide before, I hate being ignorant about things like this, I should have researched it before
Old 01-10-2015, 03:14 PM   #4

This was our first rv with slide outs. The other two trailers had no slides. My father told me to make sure it was level before using slide outs. He had his 5th wheel Jayco jam up on him, when it was not level.
FROG Member
Old 01-10-2015, 08:16 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Hammer55,
The slide is just one of the many issues I had with my '14 27KBP.
First off, the schwintek frame and tracks (squiggly gear) must be mounted in the correct manner. My unit did not receive that quality. The front lower gear was one tooth off. That amounts to 3/16" slop. Next issue was the bottom seal. The slide trim bows in the center leaving a lovely gap. An oversized seal fixed that. Next was the slide bellying out by the pantry. Get the saw ready...
Then comes the flying drawers and pantry.
The factory detents are anemic. You will find out on your first right turn you take at normal speed.
Next is the slot under the slide for the utilitity chase. Mine tore up 3 seals and cut my porch light wire. It's under the fridge if you care to look.

The next big item you will most likely encounter is the dismal, white knuckle handling. But that's the next chapter.

My advice: Have your dealer call Bob Jewel at the Coachmen service center for guidance.

I have over a year (out of warranty now) experience with the exact same model. I put over 10,000 miles on it last year. The biggest problem I had was the Generator overheating and burning up the fuel pump. After the 3rd pump, I stopped in Elkhart on the way home and Bob Jewel & Friends built a box to keep the V-10 heat out and I also have a fresh air intake thru the compartment door that was built in Fontana, CA just after the 4th of July.

I will put you on the safe list so you can send PM's with questions.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #6

parts

the service manager called yesterday and said they didn't have the right parts and had to order the right parts from the factory, and that it would probably be the end of next week before they would get the MH done, sure glad I didn't have some place to go, I usually hate buying something I can't have, I hate paying interest and insurance on a vehicle I cannot use, I was planning on going somewhere, anywhere once I got it home and loaded, I am not very happy right now, and wish I had more options, but I don't, anyway I am just venting my frustration, I should have known better about the slides, if I would have been more informed this could have been avoided, oh well
Old 01-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #7

This is the type of post I have been looking for concerning new coachmen Mirada and pursuit Mh's

They both seem to be much better than the older coachmens which were pretty bad.

Anyone else having issues?
Looking to purchase a Georgetown 364 ts Mh in the next couple of years.
mr dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #8
L2R

Bought a 29' Pursuit in Sept. and used it about 5 times so far.

I have dry camped, camped in heat and cold to try everything out. So far, we love it.
Yes, the steering was bad but it cost nothing to do the CHF which moves the stabilizer bars to the other available hole in the frame.

My only issue so far is some REALLY cheap curtains that cover the windshield. They absolutely fell apart.

Other than that, every thing works as should except I still haven't sound out how to activate the internal wand inside the black water tank. I am told it's there but I haven't found any info to make it wash the inside of the tank.
L2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #9

We added a black tank flush to our 31BDP, they did not have one from the factory.
FROG Member
Old 01-15-2015, 08:50 PM   #10
L2R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmiller32 View Post
We added a black tank flush to our 31BDP, they did not have one from the factory.
So, how to you turn it on and off?

(I actually had mine on one time but it was our first time out and didn't know what made it work as we were doing things at the same time)
Old 01-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #11

We hook up a hose to the turbo flush and turn it on.
FROG Member
Old 01-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #12
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2R View Post
Bought a 29' Pursuit in Sept. and used it about 5 times so far.

I have dry camped, camped in heat and cold to try everything out. So far, we love it.
Yes, the steering was bad but it cost nothing to do the CHF which moves the stabilizer bars to the other available hole in the frame.

My only issue so far is some REALLY cheap curtains that cover the windshield. They absolutely fell apart.

Other than that, every thing works as should except I still haven't sound out how to activate the internal wand inside the black water tank. I am told it's there but I haven't found any info to make it wash the inside of the tank.
The curtains are indeed low end. I'm very curious about this mystery internal black tank wand? Sure would like a follow up when you find it. Maybe even a pic.
BTW, your 29'er is 32' 6". Enjoy all that extra Sq footage. LOL
Old 01-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #13

yes the curtains on the one I bought were already disintegrated when I went there for the first walk thru, that was on my hit list for them to change didn't get to much else before they ruined the slide track
Old 01-16-2015, 07:18 PM   #14

Our curtains were also no good when we did the walk through but the dealer replaced. We have been out a few times and everything works great even spent a night in it when the power went out.

Wayne & Charlotte

Coachmen Pursuit 31 BDP
waynesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:21 PM   #15

The dealer also told us we had a black tank wash but have yet to find it. I don't think there is one so we use the back flush hook up with hose. Seems to work just fine.

Wayne & Charlotte

Coachmen Pursuit 31 BDP
waynesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:51 PM   #16
L2R

Glad to see some other Pursuit owners here.

Would like to know from others what upgrades they have done. I know it is off topic, I might start one.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:35 PM   #17

if I ever get mine, I would like to do some simple ones, so please go ahead and start one, I would like to do a solar upgrade, and also a inverter upgrade, if I get her and find out where it is located, not even sure what size inverter it has in it yet, might be a few others too, I know I will put the safe t plus, and the rear stabilizer for better wog control, and get some pictures of the quick fix from those who have done that already on here, just to name a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2R View Post
Glad to see some other Pursuit owners here.

Would like to know from others what upgrades they have done. I know it is off topic, I might start one.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #18

got a call saying they have it fixed, and ready to schedule a walk through, I will have to see when the wife will be free, probably thursday or friday, maybe saturday,
have a list to check from one of the other owners of what was wrong with his coach, and a list of what I want to know, we will see how it turns out,,,,
Old 01-20-2015, 04:53 PM   #19

Hello! We bought the 27kb last summer and have thoroughly enjoyed it though at the moment it's with Bob Jewell having some issues resolved. We too had some of the issues raised here: a bow in the center of the slide, actual leak of water along top of slide, disintegrating curtains, a misalignment of the two windows adjacent to the dinette booth, and a faulty fuel gauge. Sounds like everything was resolved and we should be heading over there in a week to pick up the unit! Can't wait to have the Coach back!
jjd74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:20 PM   #20
L2R

TO hammer and JJ,

Sorry to hear of your issues. We had a couple of minor things.
Hope you get a lot of good times in your rigs.
I am sitting at home waiting for February to pass. :-(