Old 03-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #11
Mod free 5er
Make an alum plate to go under the mirror and cover the bad holes.

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:58 AM   #12
I think the Coachman gang at FR is getting better but as this case demonstrates, they have some QC ground to cover before they hit an acceptable level of product quality.

I'll bet the person who attached that mirror knew he/she did not have it located correctly. So when does training embrace team work and forgiveness? If you punish employees when they make a mistake, they're not going to admit making one.

Personally, I guess I should be happy. With all the problems I had with our coach, none were such that body work or major changes were necessary to fix the problem. And GoMalley, you will fix all the problems, it just takes some time to find them all.

Gary, Cindy, Reacher (Maine Coon), and Vivian (in spirit only now).
Retired: July 31st, 2013 and loving it.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #13
Pictures:1st] duct tape to hold it on coach while traveling from Las cruces to phoenix...
2nd] Certified RV Technical moved mirror back to make contact with solid backing....
We hit the road Sunday and hope all is well. Will deal with paint issue once home....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1426083618288.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	71149   Click image for larger version

Name:	1426083702153.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	71150  
gomalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #14
Had the same issue with my Georgetown this past week. I haven't taken the mirror off yet or had a tech look at it. Was the tech able to get behind the sidewall to see the mounting plate? How has the repair held up Thanks!
2010 373DS
Master Tow with 2008 Nissan Altima
bresdogsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #15
Same thing happened to my Coachmen. Removed mirror and tech put a mounting plate behind the fiberglass. The bracket that was there was grossly undersized.

rzrnaz is offline   Reply With Quote