Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #1

Pathfinder cruise will come on but not set.

Hi everyone,

I encountered a problem on our "shakedown" trip in our recently acquired 2007 Sportcoach Pathfinder. I was trying to set the cruise but to no avail. The Cruise system light would illuminate on the Dash but when you push the "set" button nothing.
I tried the Freightliner forum on iRV2 and was told it may be the brake switch connection. That would be great if I knew where they were. Anyone encountered this problem and could advise as to where to look?

High idle doesn't work either.

Photos would be particularly welcome.
Rollingcondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #2

Just a half baked idea but have you checked to see if the shift indicator might be off or the brake light switch bad. Both can cancel cruise if it is engaged and if they are malfunctioning, may be keeping cruise from engaging.

Might also want to check the cruise fuse.

Ooops I just actually read your post. I would check the brake pedal to find the switch it is many times just a mechanical switch activated by pushing the pedal.

I don't have a Sportscoach so pictures of my rig won't help.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #3

Thanks Gary. I will unbolt the brake pedal and look for the switch tonight. Hopefully it is lurking somewhere accessible.
Rollingcondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingcondo View Post
Thanks Gary. I will unbolt the brake pedal and look for the switch tonight. Hopefully it is lurking somewhere accessible.
It is microswitch generally at the top of the brake pedal arm. It will be mounted to a bracket, not on the brake petal arm. The switch is what turns on your coach brake lights but there might be a second wire on it for your cruise control that could be bad. You can test it's function with a multimeter.
1nshort