Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #1

Planned to pull the coach out of storage on the 10th.

We are heading down south (from central Ohio) on the 21st of March for a spring trip. I wanted to pull it out of storage next Monday (10th) to check it over, flush out the antifreeze and load it for a trip.

I hope I'll be able to do that. Weather here has been like most of the Midwest, very cold.

Gary and Cindy.....and I'm a little worried about getting caught in bad weather out on the highway pulling the Jeep. I'm not anxious to try driving the rig in snow and ice and especially not while dragging the jeep behind us.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
We are heading down south (from central Ohio) on the 21st of March for a spring trip. I wanted to pull it out of storage next Monday (10th) to check it over, flush out the antifreeze and load it for a trip.

I hope I'll be able to do that. Weather here has been like most of the Midwest, very cold.

Gary and Cindy.....and I'm a little worried about getting caught in bad weather out on the highway pulling the Jeep. I'm not anxious to try driving the rig in snow and ice and especially not while dragging the jeep behind us.

Hopefully by then the weather will have let up some....after all, isn't that the first day of Spring? If it doesn't just be careful and make the right decision....not worth sliding all over hells half acre.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #3

Will be glad to get back INCONUS. Roll I drove my old 35 footer towing our Escape Hybrid in the December blizzard of 2004. Just went slower and made no sudden moves. We did very well. That was the storm that engulfed Ohio and Indiana.

1n

Sent from my LGL86C using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 03-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #4

We left W MI in mid January. WE watched the weather for a break that never came. We were lucky in that we didn't hit any bad roads. We waited until we were in FL to de-winterize. We did have to sleep in the MH without water one night but it wasn't to bad. I really think we could have used the water but I just didn't want to deal with the risk and one night wasn't worth it. We will not return until the weather warms up so not worried about winterizing on the return trip. I did get caught in a snow storm last year not towing the Enclave but it wasn't fun. I think it was OK as I really didn't slide around but the rear end is so far back there its hard to tell. Very nerve wracking. Good luck and safe travels to you.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #5

We're in the same boat.....leaving from Canton to go to Arizona next Thursday. Taking the southern route and gonna try to make it as far south as we can the 1st night. I think I'll put a little water in the FW tank just before we leave and turn on the tank heaters.

2013 Columbus 320RS
2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Dually 6.7 Cummins
Days Camped 2013 - 50
skipperW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

We're headed about 400 miles NORTH tomorrow. The good news is that we will still be in Florida! This is our maiden voyage after 2 months in the shop. I looked at the weather and it appears we will get a free wash on the way.

Wherever your headed be safe and enjoy your travels.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nshort View Post
Will be glad to get back INCONUS. Roll I drove my old 35 footer towing our Escape Hybrid in the December blizzard of 2004. Just went slower and made no sudden moves. We did very well. That was the storm that engulfed Ohio and Indiana.

1n

Sent from my LGL86C using Forest River Forums mobile app
LOL Denis, had to look INCONUS up. Back in the continental United States.

You submariners! Welcome home whenever that may be.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #8

Well things are looking up if only incrementally.

Checked the weather forecast for our area. Our departure is now a short two weeks away. We should be in the fifties right up to departure; may even climb up to the low sixties. Lows are the problem, some nights right at freezing. I would like to travel with water, I may wait until the last moment and then water it up. Temps in Atlanta, (first destination) are going to be just fine by then. Also checked Huntsville and Nashville and both will be good, not freezing and quite comfortable in the daytime.

This might just work out fine.

Gary

Tags
storage