Well, I'm back again and I am a Happy Camper.
My Bilsteins came yesterday (instead of Monday) and it took about an hour to get them both installed.
When I took it for a drive over one of our really "swoopy" roads, the ride was ROCK SOLID. Almost NO bounce or rebound!
I will pursue Chevy for reimbursement, but candidly, I don't expect that to go anywhere.
Bottom line for me is fixing a major ride problem for $200... THAT is cheep!
By-the-way, I learned something else. After talking with two people at Bilstein, the correct pronunciation of the name is "Bil STINE", not "Bil STEEN" as most of us call it.
We leave for a 2,000 mile trip on Wednesday and I an VERY glad to get this resolved before we leave.
While we are out, I will weigh the front & rear and probably start moving some of the heavier items from behind the rear axle to between the axles.
I'll be back if there is any change while on the trip.