Old 04-04-2016, 11:25 PM   #1

Power out on outside TV

On my 2013 Mirada DL, the outside TV isn't getting power (worked a couple weeks ago). Neither is another item I managed to connect to that outlet. I haven't figured out a way to get to the outlet except by groping blindly behind the half wall under the kitchen sink. Does anyone know of a way to get at it, or where to find a circuit breaker that controls it? I've looked at the breakers on the WFCO and they seem to all be good.
I suppose I could get to the outlet from the outside, if I could figure out how to dismount the TV.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #2

Check your GFI in the bathroom and make sure it hasn't tripped.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:57 AM   #3

Thanks, Bob213, but that didn't do it. Power at the GFCI outlet but not at TV.
I still think I need to get to the outlet, but it looks like the TV has to come out. The only thing I can hope does that might be removing the two screws going through the back of the mount at the reinforced circles (see picture). Does anyone know if that 's the trick? I hate to remove them and still not be able to get it out, and have screwed something else up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Mount.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	103991  
Old 04-07-2016, 05:56 AM   #4
World Wide Wanderer

Got a picture of the front side? On my Coachmen Concord the tv is mounted to a board that is mounted to the coach. The screws are on either side of the tv.

Try resetting the GFI anyway, also do you know if there is another one down stream from the tv one? It may well be a bad plug or bad connection.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply, wahoonc. There is an external outlet on the side of the coach that is between the GFCI and the TV, that works, but could have a bad output side. It is sealed to the side of the coach, and I haven't yet found a way to get into it without damaging the paint.
I corresponded with Nate Hedges at Coachmen. He sent drawings and trouble-shooting advice, and affirmed that the TV is held in place by those two screws. I'll probably remove it next, and most likely will remount the outlet onto the half-wall (like it should have been to start with). This may have to wait for another day, since I need to get it back to storage today.

Tags
power