Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #1

Prism dining table

I have a 2015 Coachmen Prism 24J, which I love.
My biggest complain is with the dining room table, which is simply a small table which has one pole support that sits in a cup receptacle on the floor. This table can also be mounted out of the way behind the front seats.
The table is very small, and the mount is wobbly. This probably is a compromise to allow the rear slide out BR.
Has anyone come up with a fix for this? My fix is that I bought a folding work table which happens to just fit behind the saloon seats. My wife got a nice vinyl tablecloth that we glued to the top, to make it look better. We use that table when we are going to be somewhere for more than just a night, but it's a little work to get it out and set it up. It also uses a lot of room.
Any better ideas, especially a modification that uses he existing mount?
Thanks in advance.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:20 PM   #2

I'm very interested in this as well. We have a new 2250LE Prism with a two pole table.
Still wobbly, though, and irritating me.
I was looking at adding a furring strip to match the ones on the benches (that support it when in sleeping mode.
Do you think that would help?
Byron in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:53 AM   #3

Odd. My dining room table has 2 poles.. still wobbly. Not sure what can be done. was thinking it needed to be improved and I have shared it with Coachmen. I would love to tear out the dinette all together and put 2 recliner chairs and a permanent table in between. We still have the small table for between the driver/pass seats..

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:11 AM   #4

make sure your cup receiver in the floor is not cracked . They used both plastic and metal units. My 2 post table was wobbly and one of my sockets was cracked all the way around allowing too much clearance for the pole. Quick $10 fix. Lots of force on the cups because of leverage.
KAttkisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAttkisson View Post
make sure your cup receiver in the floor is not cracked . They used both plastic and metal units. My 2 post table was wobbly and one of my sockets was cracked all the way around allowing too much clearance for the pole. Quick $10 fix. Lots of force on the cups because of leverage.
Thanks.
I'll check it out, and get back to the forum.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post
Thanks.
I'll check it out, and get back to the forum.
Thanks, me too.
Byron in TX is offline   Reply With Quote