Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
Certified Curmudgeon

Thumbs up Pursuit 27KBP

Coachmen has updated their website and added
the 27KB to the list of available models.
I'll have to ask where my message center is...
Old 02-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #2

We are looking at PURSUIT 27kb and like it very much. Would like some feed back on Coachmen since Forest River bought them in 2008. How is the reliability and customer service? How is the Pursuit have you had any problem? We feel it is a much better coach then the ACE or FR3 but do other think?
waynesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesc View Post
We are looking at PURSUIT 27kb and like it very much. Would like some feed back on Coachmen since Forest River bought them in 2008. How is the reliability and customer service? How is the Pursuit have you had any problem? We feel it is a much better coach then the ACE or FR3 but do other think?
We have not ventured out with our 27KB yet as it is having an issue with the slide. I expect that will be taken care of shortly.
This is not our first FR product so I can tell you that factory support is very good.
As for reliability, most units in this size/price point are all the same as they are built on the Ford F-53 chassis and powered by the modular triton V10 with 362hp. More than adequate for the load. The F-53 has been around a long time and enjoys a great reputation. So the question is; Why are you considering the 27KBP? Size, floor plan, price? We looked at the ACE and were not impressed either. The FR-3 floor plan did not fit our needs.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #4

We like the 27kb because of some many things. It's the right size for us just the DW and I but has the bunk above the front for the grand kids. The lay out is nice because of where they put the tv. Like the double sink and hard door for the bedroom. Like the L sofa with small table. So how long have you had yours? Have you driven it much? What happen to the slide was it like that when you bought it? That's a big slide and I'm a little worried about it.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
We like the 27kb because of some many things. It's the right size for us just the DW and I but has the bunk above the front for the grand kids. The lay out is nice because of where they put the tv. Like the double sink and hard door for the bedroom. Like the L sofa with small table. So how long have you had yours? Have you driven it much? What happen to the slide was it like that when you bought it? That's a big slide and I'm a little worried about it.
We picked it up in mid December. Drove it home (175 mi) in high crosswinds. That was not an easy task as the 27KBP has a short wheelbase. So I installed a safe-t-plus steering damper which helped a lot. Found that out when we took the unit back to the dealer to get the slide fixed. Yes it was moaning and groaning when we looked at it but I thought it would smooth out. It got worse with just a few cycles so we made an appointment to have it fixed. I'm not familiar with schwintec hardware yet so I didn't mess with it.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #6

Would like to have updates on fixing the slide and how the first trip goes. Thanks for the info so far.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #7
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Would like to have updates on fixing the slide and how the first trip goes. Thanks for the info so far.
No problem. We are planning an in state adventure for March.