Old 01-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #31

Just this past week I removed the dinette and we picked up a reclining loveseat from Costco. Our slide left us with an 80" width available. The loveseat is 64", leaving us a nice space on the side that I plan to make a storage/end table for.

We are also going to put the recliner on a small riser allowing us to use the underbed storage boxes.

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #32

3 pieces. The backs came off, those would be 2 pieces, the bottom and the center unit are all together. It was sort of like giving birth to get them to fit in the door, but it was just me and DW. I have them set about 8" from the wall for reclining. I mounted them using metal "L" brackets, because they needed to extend off the front of my slide in base about 4" it is a rock solid way to go.

We have now used them like this for a year and love them. I'm thinking about moving up to a Berkshire 38A and trying to figure out if it's worth moving them.

I'm pretty sure, these are just going to stay in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1257.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	98337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1255.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	98338  

bb920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #33

This is approximately the placement of the "L" bracket locations.

I painted the one's that extended off the slide out shelf black so they wouldn't stand out, I also used an extra metal strap that looped over the back board just to secure it a little tighter and for safety.

Seat belts still work with the recliners too.

Wish I was camping now, but I'm in Green Bay and sitting at 29 degrees.

But at least the snow missed us here.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L Bracket Locations.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	98347  
Old 01-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #34

Thank you bb920 -- a well thought out conversion, and thanks for the photos and other info. I also have my eye on these two: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2ZCPZG...I1U9GJFVWAORE2

Or: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OITR22...I37JD64B5C67CR

They have a rail system under them, or so it appears, and would certainly fit the available space. And, since we have a hundred pound Labrador who travels with us, the reclining love seat may be the better option for when he sits on 'his' throne!

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:33 PM   #35

I am waiting on a delivery from Lazy Boy now. We have a 360PDEK and the factory recliners lasted 3 months before they started coming unstitched. We took the base and bottom measurements to our local Lazy Boy Store and were able to order ones with the same measurements. The dealer swore ours were Lazy Boy but the store manager took one look at them and said "not ours". Our dealer was absolutely no help.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #36

Thanks for the pics bb920!! I understand how you did your mounting now. So in this mounted position you are able to completely recline without hitting the back wall?
Old 01-25-2016, 04:02 PM   #37

Yep, it is nice. The only thing I would do better, is I measured/placed the chairs in position with them reclined, but with the window shade opened. It sort of hits it, when they are closed, another inch out would have made this not happen, but it's OK, the blind material gives in pretty EZ.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #38

Mark, the dealer just got back to us with pricing, so here's what he said: The left side, right side, center section and four mounting brackets cost to us would be $1569.00, versus the $2266 (I believe) you were quoted. The crating is the same at $200, and freight was estimated to be between $300 and $400 (the dealer hadn't checked on actual freight cost, so it was his best estimate). Lead time would be 4-6 weeks from order placement.

That makes the cost we were quoted (less crating & freight) about $700 less than the dealer you inquired through -- $697, to be exact. I also inquired if we did the deal, how much they would charge to take out the sofa and install the recliners. He said they are new to the Coachman motorhome line (but I know they've been in business for a number of years representing additional lines of TT's and motorhomes) and will be getting two more in within 30 days, and would like to look at them with their service department prior to quoting. That's understandable.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #39

Badlands better than what I got price wise, but still too high my opinion. I am trying one more angle....I called the company that makes the couch and recliners. Talked to them and they said they don't sell direct to the consumer, but they put me in touch with another company that may be able to order them. Waiting to hear back from the second company now.

Worst case we will go with the ones from Staples that bb920 has; plus my Sister is a Regional Manager for Staples so she is working on a price for me. Even if they don't match perfect that's fine.....in the end it is an RV not a model home on display!

What are you going to do???????

Mark
Old 01-26-2016, 06:07 PM   #40

Mark, I'm in a holding pattern at the moment, but I won't be shelling out the bucks Coachman/Forest River is asking for furniture that should be half that cost if not less. I'll be interested in what you learn from the 'other company'.

I'm currently considering the two Amazon links shown by me above, especially for the two-tone reclining love seat. Size is right, price is right, color will be fine. My only question is about getting it in through the motorhome door, even with the back off. Once it warms up a bit, I want to go out and partially unfold the current sofa, and get a good look at how it's connected and how it comes apart.

Please continue to update us on your exploits and I'll do the same. Happy hunting, and thanks to all who have contributed to this thread! Very much appreciated!