Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #81

duel recliners

thanks for getting back to me about your duel recliner installation.
charlestown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #82

brackets missing with my recliners 319ds leprechan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksha83 View Post
Mark,

Yes Badlands and I are the ones that ordered the recliners. Save your brackets from the sofa and reuse them on the recliners. Pretty easy as long as Coachmen didn't change any of the mounting hardware from 2014 to 2016. Badlands and I both have 2016's. I doubt they changed anything with the mounting.

You will have to drill some holes to the brackets they send you. I believe Badlands describes this earlier in this thread.
I just received my new recliners that I ordered from Vicki at rv surplus no brackets came with them I believe mark and badlands said their brackets were included anybody else replaced their couch with the duel recliners and did you or did you not receive the 4 brackets with your order ,I,ll call Vicki mon morning and discuss this with her I was under the impression they were included with the recliners thanks mark from Charles town wv
Old 05-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #83

has anyboby bought duel recliners for their 319ds leprechaun and didn't receive the brackets for them
Old 05-08-2016, 06:54 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestown View Post
I just received my new recliners that I ordered from Vicki at rv surplus no brackets came with them I believe mark and badlands said their brackets were included anybody else replaced their couch with the duel recliners and did you or did you not receive the 4 brackets with your order ,I,ll call Vicki mon morning and discuss this with her I was under the impression they were included with the recliners thanks mark from Charles town wv
Mine came with four steel welded assemblies, which I'll refer to as extensions. These, I used with the original brackets (four bolts and j-shaped brackets) that came with the motorhome. and were used on the original jack-knife sofa I was replacing.

In addition to the left and right recliner, and middle storage section, there should have been the four, steel, black-painted, noted extensions, which bolt onto the frame rails of the chairs. Nothing is pre-drilled for this, as this forum thread goes into pretty good detail describing. These 'extensions' elevate each recliner chair to the proper height off of the slide platform.

It takes a bit of work -- especially the drilling -- but the end result is GREAT! We've been on two, week-long camping trips since installing them, and I can't believe the difference. If anyone needs an absolutely new jack-knife sofa, and is passing through Iowa on Interstate 80 or 35, the sofa is yours for $50.

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #85

Charlestown I agree with what Badlands said above. You should have received some black welded extensions with the recliners. Mine were wrapped in bubble wrap. These mount to the bottom of the recliners to raise them up on the slide platform. Badlands and I both reused the mounting brackets that were used on the sofa. They bolt right over the new extensions onto the slide platform.

As I said in an earlier post...Badlands and I both have 2016 Leprechauns. Yours is a 2014. Hopefully Coachmen didn't change the mounting brackets from 2014 to 2016??? Either way you should still be able to find a way to mount them to the slide platform.

Call Vicki as she was very helpful with me. And we too have used our new recliners a lot and they are MUCH better than the sofa!! Good luck and let us know if you need any help.