Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2016, 03:24 PM   #21

OK bb920.....you can't just tease me with the photos! Where did you get them?? What is the length of the recliners? I have 63" to work with in length; looks very close to what you have. Please give us more details!!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb920 View Post
I replaced the pull out leather couch with these recliners.

It was a wonderful upgrade to the camper.

Love it.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #22

I got them at Staples.

Flash Furniture Leather 2-Seat Home Theater Recliner With Storage Console, Brown | Staples®
bb920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:00 PM   #23

Don't be cheap Mark......grab a few sets of the $ 2700.00 seats, and give them away as presents...LOL!
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:26 PM   #24

Yeah....riiiiiggggghhhhttt......I laughed at the parts manager right on the phone. I said you CAN'T be serious. He didn't know what to say; he mumbled and said that's the prices Forest River gave them. I said well that's crazy there is no way I am paying that price.

I will keep plugging away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljag View Post
Don't be cheap Mark......grab a few sets of the $ 2700.00 seats, and give them away as presents...LOL!
Old 01-22-2016, 07:29 PM   #25

Damn bb920.....those look great and the exact size too!! Do they come in three separate pieces? Just want to make sure I can them through the door. Good price too

How did you mount them to the floor??
Old 01-23-2016, 08:28 PM   #26

Those do look great, and I found them on Amazon for $607, no shipping charge (with Prime, which I have). What a difference in price -- holy cow! Talk about a rip off on the factory option!

As Marksha83 asked, we too are curious about how difficult they were to install. We assume they came in three separate pieces, like Masksha83 asked, and that you took off their backs. Any problem with door width? How much space do they require from the wall to tilt? We really appreciate your input, BB920, and thank you!!!

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #27

Badlands did you hear back yet on a price? I was curious as to what you found out.

My Sister is a a Regional Manager for Staples so I emailed her the link to the recliners and called her. Told her to see what she can do. More than likely they come in three pieces she said. If that's the case I will most likely go this route.

Just want to make sure they will fit and see how bb920 mounted them.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #28

Heard back from the firm on Tuesday of last week, from the actual owner of the RV center. He apologized for taking so long, and explained he had been away for several days. He said that he had received the pricing, but hadn't looked at it yet, and would put together a list for me and email it. Nothing, so far. Maybe he saw the price and passed out!!

Check out the listing on Amazon, and then go down to the questions section, as well as reviews from the customers. Lots of info there. Like you, I want to know how bb920 mounted them. My main concern is distance from the wall needed to allow them to recline, and based on the Amazon feedback, it sounds like a LOT of room is needed. If so, that would seem to be a problem for us, since to recline, they would need to be pulled off the slide's platform. At 162 pounds for the set, it's within my weight expectations, however: According to reviewers on Amazon, the entire base (the two chairs and middle section) come fully assembled, and you simply slide the backs into place, and attach the short legs. BB920 will know the real skinny, so we look forward to his input. Ths!

Old 01-24-2016, 11:29 AM   #29

Badlands thanks I did read all the comments on Amazon. Hmmm....yeah we may have an issue with reclining these without pulling them out from the wall. Take a look at bb920's pics on post #20. Looks like he does have to slide them out from the wall to recline them. Which means he probably doesn't have them mounted to the slide's platform. Don't think we would have an issue getting them through the door since the backs are off when shipped and the bottom is only 25" high without the back in place.

Anyway, lets see what bb920 has to say.....
Old 01-24-2016, 01:53 PM   #30

Agree, Mark. If I had to pull them out to recline, and they ended up being partly on and partly off the floor of the slide, that wouldn't be good at all. As you know, our sofas are flush with the front lip of the slide as it is, so nothing to spare there. We'll just have to see what BB920 comes back with, because his installation looks very nice indeed.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #31

Just this past week I removed the dinette and we picked up a reclining loveseat from Costco. Our slide left us with an 80" width available. The loveseat is 64", leaving us a nice space on the side that I plan to make a storage/end table for.

We are also going to put the recliner on a small riser allowing us to use the underbed storage boxes.

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #32

3 pieces. The backs came off, those would be 2 pieces, the bottom and the center unit are all together. It was sort of like giving birth to get them to fit in the door, but it was just me and DW. I have them set about 8" from the wall for reclining. I mounted them using metal "L" brackets, because they needed to extend off the front of my slide in base about 4" it is a rock solid way to go.

We have now used them like this for a year and love them. I'm thinking about moving up to a Berkshire 38A and trying to figure out if it's worth moving them.

I'm pretty sure, these are just going to stay in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1257.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	98337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1255.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	98338  
Old 01-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #33

This is approximately the placement of the "L" bracket locations.

I painted the one's that extended off the slide out shelf black so they wouldn't stand out, I also used an extra metal strap that looped over the back board just to secure it a little tighter and for safety.

Seat belts still work with the recliners too.

Wish I was camping now, but I'm in Green Bay and sitting at 29 degrees.

But at least the snow missed us here.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L Bracket Locations.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	98347  
Old 01-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #34

Thank you bb920 -- a well thought out conversion, and thanks for the photos and other info. I also have my eye on these two: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2ZCPZG...I1U9GJFVWAORE2

Or: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OITR22...I37JD64B5C67CR

They have a rail system under them, or so it appears, and would certainly fit the available space. And, since we have a hundred pound Labrador who travels with us, the reclining love seat may be the better option for when he sits on 'his' throne!

Old 01-25-2016, 12:33 PM   #35

I am waiting on a delivery from Lazy Boy now. We have a 360PDEK and the factory recliners lasted 3 months before they started coming unstitched. We took the base and bottom measurements to our local Lazy Boy Store and were able to order ones with the same measurements. The dealer swore ours were Lazy Boy but the store manager took one look at them and said "not ours". Our dealer was absolutely no help.
Camper John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #36

Thanks for the pics bb920!! I understand how you did your mounting now. So in this mounted position you are able to completely recline without hitting the back wall?
Old 01-25-2016, 04:02 PM   #37

Yep, it is nice. The only thing I would do better, is I measured/placed the chairs in position with them reclined, but with the window shade opened. It sort of hits it, when they are closed, another inch out would have made this not happen, but it's OK, the blind material gives in pretty EZ.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #38

Mark, the dealer just got back to us with pricing, so here's what he said: The left side, right side, center section and four mounting brackets cost to us would be $1569.00, versus the $2266 (I believe) you were quoted. The crating is the same at $200, and freight was estimated to be between $300 and $400 (the dealer hadn't checked on actual freight cost, so it was his best estimate). Lead time would be 4-6 weeks from order placement.

That makes the cost we were quoted (less crating & freight) about $700 less than the dealer you inquired through -- $697, to be exact. I also inquired if we did the deal, how much they would charge to take out the sofa and install the recliners. He said they are new to the Coachman motorhome line (but I know they've been in business for a number of years representing additional lines of TT's and motorhomes) and will be getting two more in within 30 days, and would like to look at them with their service department prior to quoting. That's understandable.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #39

Badlands better than what I got price wise, but still too high my opinion. I am trying one more angle....I called the company that makes the couch and recliners. Talked to them and they said they don't sell direct to the consumer, but they put me in touch with another company that may be able to order them. Waiting to hear back from the second company now.

Worst case we will go with the ones from Staples that bb920 has; plus my Sister is a Regional Manager for Staples so she is working on a price for me. Even if they don't match perfect that's fine.....in the end it is an RV not a model home on display!

What are you going to do???????

Mark
Old 01-26-2016, 06:07 PM   #40

Mark, I'm in a holding pattern at the moment, but I won't be shelling out the bucks Coachman/Forest River is asking for furniture that should be half that cost if not less. I'll be interested in what you learn from the 'other company'.

I'm currently considering the two Amazon links shown by me above, especially for the two-tone reclining love seat. Size is right, price is right, color will be fine. My only question is about getting it in through the motorhome door, even with the back off. Once it warms up a bit, I want to go out and partially unfold the current sofa, and get a good look at how it's connected and how it comes apart.

Please continue to update us on your exploits and I'll do the same. Happy hunting, and thanks to all who have contributed to this thread! Very much appreciated!