Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2016, 05:45 PM   #1

Recliners

I bought a new Leprechaun 319DS in April last year. It has the couch in the living area and I would like to replace it with the Dual recliners. Has anyone done this replacement? If so what recliners did you use for the replacement. CW has a set that I am looking at, or would the original set that comes from the factory be a better setup? Any idea what the cost would be? I understand everyone has an opinion, but any help would be appreciated.
doc701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:12 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc701 View Post
I bought a new Leprechaun 319DS in April last year. It has the couch in the living area and I would like to replace it with the Dual recliners. Has anyone done this replacement? If so what recliners did you use for the replacement. CW has a set that I am looking at, or would the original set that comes from the factory be a better setup? Any idea what the cost would be? I understand everyone has an opinion, but any help would be appreciated.
Im in the process of remodeling which includes the demise of my lame jackknife L-sofa. Strato crusiers are available from companies like flexsteel and can be ordered through a local furniture dealer. Ill post pics as I go...
Old 01-06-2016, 06:58 AM   #3

Took the jack knife sofa out and installed two theater recliners in. Got them at the FROG rally this last August. The old jack knife unit is in the house for the grandkids to sleep on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1452081422087.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	97333   Click image for larger version

Name:	1452081454884.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	97334   Click image for larger version

Name:	1452081495885.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	97335   Click image for larger version

Name:	1452081528252.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	97336  
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 06:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc701 View Post
We are in the same situation as you. We have the couch and want to swap it for the recliners. I don't really want to go back to our RV dealer to inquire about this. Does anyone know who makes the couch and recliners that Coachmen uses? I'm sure there has to be way to get the matching recliners that Coachmen puts in the Leprechaun. Just not sure how to go about it. I may send an email or make a call to Coachmen if someone else doesn't know.

Thanks

Mark
Old 01-13-2016, 10:25 AM   #5

We, too, are trying the same exchange with our 2016 Leprechaun 319DS. It came with the sofa, and we want the recliners. Yesterday, I contacted Coachman directly (via email), asking them how to go about securing the recliners (no Coachman dealer in our area). And, I specifically stated that I wanted to replace the factory sofa with their factory option recliners (that look like theater seating, with the console in the middle). I had a response this morning from them, and all it did was talk about the special bracing under the sofa, and how recliners wouldn't have an attachment point.

Obviously, the guy wasn't getting the gist of my question. Factory part out, new factory part in. Pretty simple. New bracing required, no problem, just sell it to me. I wanted to know the cost of the recliner set, as well as where to purchase same, but those questions were not addressed in the response. So, I resent my questions. We'll see.

The theater seating units on sale in Camping World are too wide to fit into the space. From wall to wall, the current sofa sits into the 64" wide opening. However, the seats in CW are 29" wide each, and the center console is 9.5", for a combined width of 67.5".

I'll continue watching this thread to see how you folks are coming along, and share whatever I learn from Coachman.

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:31 AM   #6

I'm not sure if this info will help y'all or not. I have a FR Vengeance which came with a single swivel rocker. I wanted to get another one and the dealer (finally) gave me a price north of $600. I called the company listed on the data tag under the rocker, called them and had one sitting in the trailer in 10 days...for less than $300.

Pretty sure FR uses the same vendors for multiple trailers. Check the tag under your current setting and it should list the supplier. The one I show is Mastercraft in LaGrange, IN. Their phone number should be on the tag, or you can check their website http://www.innovationandvalue.com .

Here's what the tag should look like:
Old 01-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #7

We replaced our jack knife with a duel recliner/wall hugger from Ashley furniture. I took a few measurements and went shopping. Also measured the entry door to make sure it would fit . When the recliner came in drove camper to loading dock and they help me load it. We had to recline it a little bit to get past the sink and entertainment console.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #8

Badlands definitely keep us posted as to what you find out. I was going to email Coachmen directly as well. I am going to exhaust all options before I contact our dealer about seeing if they can help. Our dealer was great when we purchased, but I think they would bend me over if I tried to purchase this through them.

There has to be a way to get the recliners. We want the recliners to match the rest of the furniture or else I would consider other options. It is difficult to find a reclining love seat with a center console that is only 63" Wide. I have been looking as well.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:34 PM   #9

Thanks for this info! I may send them a pic of the recliners we are all trying to get to see if they make them for Coachmen. I looked on their website but didn't see the ones we are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I'm not sure if this info will help y'all or not. I have a FR Vengeance which came with a single swivel rocker. I wanted to get another one and the dealer (finally) gave me a price north of $600. I called the company listed on the data tag under the rocker, called them and had one sitting in the trailer in 10 days...for less than $300.

Pretty sure FR uses the same vendors for multiple trailers. Check the tag under your current setting and it should list the supplier. The one I show is Mastercraft in LaGrange, IN. Their phone number should be on the tag, or you can check their website Mastercraft, Inc., Innovation and Value since 1971 .

Here's what the tag should look like:
Old 01-13-2016, 09:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksha83 View Post
Thanks for this info! I may send them a pic of the recliners we are all trying to get to see if they make them for Coachmen. I looked on their website but didn't see the ones we are looking for.
Notice on the picture the chair I wanted was a C306. Not listed on the website but when I called them they were very, very helpful. I think after the original call I was transferred to the "outlet", which I think is the retail division. If you can get to one of the recliners you're looking for and get that number I'm pretty sure they can take it from there.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:40 AM   #11

That's a very nice looking installation, ResQfrog, well done!

As for my quest with Coachman, I have to agree with Marksha83, in that I want the recliners to be a match with the original optional ones. The color, fit, and method of securing would be to factory specs. If, of course, we hit a brick wall, we'll turn to other options as many of you have done.

I did get a return email from Coachman, and the gent apologized for not understanding my question correctly. Too, he was the wrong division (worked in Class A only). When I filled out their on-line email, it specifically needed my VIN, which I supplied, but my request must have been routed incorrectly. Anyway, I was given the Class C factory contact's email address, and am in contact with her. She, too, needed my VIN, so it seems to be kind of a left hand, right hand thing between their factories. Regardless, she has it now, and I am awaiting response. I'll let you know what I learn.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #12

If anyone on here has the 2016 Leprechaun 319 DS WITH the factory recliners installed that could look under the kick panel of the seats for any kind of label that may help us a lot!! We would then have the correct part number to try and search for.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #13

Here's what I got back yesterday from Forest River:

BASED ON THE VIN NUMBER THESE ARE THE PARTS NEEDED TO ADD THE RECLINERS, I WILL NEED YOUR ZIP CODE TO FIND YOU A DEALER. THESE CHARIS SHIP OUT BY A ROADWAY TRUCK AND NEED TO BE ORDERED THRU A DEALER, HAVE A GREAT DAY

C01254240 CHAIR, RECLINER W/LEFT SITTING ARM PALANCE PUEBLO W/CHOC BB STITCHING

C01254241 CHAIR, RECLINER W/RIGHT SITTING ARM PALANCE PUEBLO W/CHOC BB STITCHING

C01254243 RECLINER CENTER ARM REST WITH STORAGE AND MUG HOLDER PALANCE PUEBLO W/CHOC BB STITCHING

C01232459 BRACKET, STL OFFSET DBL SLOT SOFA MOUNT ** YOU NEED 4 OF THESE FOR MOUNTING THE RECLINERS

THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING COACHMEN PARTS DEPARTMENT
DEB DETWILER
CLASS C DIVISION
PARTS MANAGER
PHONE 574-825-8214
FAX 574-825-8321

I then contacted the closest dealer to my location and gave their parts manager the part numbers, and they were calling it in for pricing.

Hope this helps a bit.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Here's what I got back yesterday from Forest River:

BASED ON THE VIN NUMBER THESE ARE THE PARTS NEEDED TO ADD THE RECLINERS, I WILL NEED YOUR ZIP CODE TO FIND YOU A DEALER. THESE CHARIS SHIP OUT BY A ROADWAY TRUCK AND NEED TO BE ORDERED THRU A DEALER, HAVE A GREAT DAY

C01254240 CHAIR, RECLINER W/LEFT SITTING ARM PALANCE PUEBLO W/CHOC BB STITCHING

C01254241 CHAIR, RECLINER W/RIGHT SITTING ARM PALANCE PUEBLO W/CHOC BB STITCHING

C01254243 RECLINER CENTER ARM REST WITH STORAGE AND MUG HOLDER PALANCE PUEBLO W/CHOC BB STITCHING

C01232459 BRACKET, STL OFFSET DBL SLOT SOFA MOUNT ** YOU NEED 4 OF THESE FOR MOUNTING THE RECLINERS

THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING COACHMEN PARTS DEPARTMENT
DEB DETWILER
CLASS C DIVISION
PARTS MANAGER
PHONE 574-825-8214
FAX 574-825-8321

I then contacted the closest dealer to my location and gave their parts manager the part numbers, and they were calling it in for pricing.

Hope this helps a bit.
Call Mastercraft with that info. If they have it they will sell direct and ship it to ANY business address that has room to unload from a big Fedex truck. If shipping to a residential address the shipping charges go much higher.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:44 PM   #15

Badlands thanks for the update and info. Our local dealer that we bought our Leprechaun from had an open house event today so we went. Talked to the owner who we know well and also the parts manager. We all walked out on the lot and found a Leprechaun that had the recliners. Parts Manager wrote the info down from the recliners and told me he would get back to me later in the week after things calmed down from their open house. Tried to get them to swap for the recliners they had since ours is only 5 months old but they wouldn't. Owner assured me he would take care of us so I will wait and see what price they come back with. He also said he would try to sell our current couch for us after we swap.

We sat in the recliners and the Wife and I liked them so much better than the couch. Let me know what price they come back with and I will do the same.

Emm-Dee the recliners are not made by MasterCraft. It is another manufacturer. I am waiting also to hear back from a contact at Coachmen I emailed to try and find out who makes them so I can contact them directly.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:07 PM   #16

If you can get the name of the manufacturer and if they will sell direct (probably through their so-called "outlet" store) I'm sure you get a better price.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #17

Thanks Marksha83. Looking forward to what they tell you, and I'll do the same when they call me back. Very nice of your dealer to offer selling your sofa.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:46 AM   #18

We replaced our 2 factory swivel rockers in our Wildcat MAXX with 2 small Lazyboy recliners we found a Slumberland. It took a bit of looking to find a smaller, less heavy (overstuffed) looking chair but the time and effort was well worth it. Slumberland was having a buy 1, get the 2nd one at half price, so we purchased the 2 matching recliners at a good price and now have high quality, comfortable chairs in out trailer for under $800!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:20 AM   #19

Well my dealer called me back with pricing for the recliners....they are OUT of their mind and this is why I am NOT going through the dealer.

LH & RH Recliner Seats: $899/EACH !!! Yeah Right....
Center Console: $413
Required Brackets: $55

TOTAL: $2,266 PLUS $200 to crate them and $250 for Shipping.....

I just laughed at him and said are you serious?? I can get a much better quality piece for a fraction of the cost. I am wondering how much mark-up the dealer actually put on this...I think quite substantial since they are a smaller dealership.

Anyway, Badlands let me know what you come up with. I am going to pursue other avenues for now to see if there is another way to get these recliners.

Mark
Old 01-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #20

I replaced the pull out leather couch with these recliners.

It was a wonderful upgrade to the camper.

Love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1241.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	98175   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1245.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	98176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Recliner Open.JPG