Thanks to the OP for the timely info. There is a duplicate subsequent post with some discussion on the recall where suggested remedy can be "problematic". So I will begin with this excerpt from NHTSA;
"How will I be notified if a recall is ordered or initiated?
Within a reasonable time after the determination of a safety defect or noncompliance, manufacturers must notify, by first-class mail, all registered owners and purchasers of the affected vehicles of the existence of the problem and give an evaluation of its risk to motor vehicle safety. The manufacturer must explain to consumers the potential safety hazards presented by the problem. Names of vehicle owners are obtained from State motor vehicle offices. The letter must also instruct consumers on how to get the problem corrected, remind them that corrections are to be made at no charge, inform them when the remedy will be available, how long the remedy will take to perform, and whom to contact if there is a problem in obtaining the free recall work. If you do not receive a letter of notification from the vehicle manufacturer but think that your vehicle might be involved in a recall campaign, call the Vehicle Safety Hotline at 888-327-4236 or 800-424-9393, visit the NHTSA Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Web site, or contact the manufacturer or your dealer."
Please keep in mind that your VIN represents your Ford chassis and this is not a Ford recall so you will get nowhere with a VIN search.
Coachmen should know which units are subject to this campaign. I suggest waiting for your notification before any action is considered for one simple reason, LIABILITY.
I estimate it will cost me over $65.00 to take my 2014 back to the dealer for this recall. That does not consider my time or the inconvenience. If you consider the liability you will be assuming if you DIY or do nothing, that is a small price to pay.
I am not saying that the OP's solution posted in the other thread is not an effective "fix".
All I am suggesting is that you should consider the broader scope of your action. It is all about self preservation.
I would like to know who told you that you would have to have the unit "inspected" first and then brought back for the repair. That does not sound right.
Meanwhile, I'll wait for the letter and not tow now that I have knowledge of a possible defect.
If anyone obtains additional info or has completed the recall, I for one, would greatly appreciate any additional light you can shine on the subject.