Old 11-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
Satellite TV in 2012 Mirada 29DS

Picking this coach up next week so maybe I just need to wait and see, but I didn't see a location to place a satellite tv reciever near the TV or for that matter how to attach into the TV input line. Our old Winnebago Brave had a switcher box that controled all types of inputs and gave control of what input each TV in the coach was viewing. Anyone have experience as to where they placed the box? And can you set it up for all TVs to view the output from the Satellite box?

ehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:01 PM   #2
Unhappy I feel your pain

We have the same issue. 2012 Mirada 32DS, cannot find anything like a switch box. We have the Directv wired directly to the LR TV so we can only watch TV in the Living Room. If we are in a park with Cable we can only watch TV in the BR and NEITHER TV can ever "see" the roof antenna.
Feeling pretty ignorant. Did you get any help?

rottnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #3
Satellite TV in 2012 Mirada 29DS

Our motorhome it is set up like this:
In the TV's menu there is a choice for which application to watch. Such as HDMI 1, HDMI 2, Air, Cable or DVD. The corresponding cable should be plugged into the proper outlet on the back of the TV.
On ours HDMI 1 is for Air/Cable, HDMI 2 is Satellite (DirecTv), HDMI 3 is DVD player. There should be a switch on the wall with a small red or green light that indicates the Signal Booster is "ON". This must be turned "Off" to watch Cable. The signal booster is only for Over the Air TV signals from the roof antenna.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Checkeredcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #4
Thanks so much for getting this out to us!
I think we need to double check the way the connections are set up on the back of the TV but don't see a way to get it off the wall.
The previous owner had a satellite also (Dish) and had some kind of A/B splitter hooked up, which we disconnected to be able to use our Directv.
We are going out now to play with the signal booster--thanks again.
rottnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:03 AM   #5
I have a 2013 29DS so I'm going to say they're pretty similar. I had to make some changes to my cabling to get my satellite to work. I used a Dish 722VIP with dual tuners and dual outputs so I needed to get the signal back to the bedroom.

First I replaced the tee on the cable coming in the coach with a splitter so the DC voltage would go to the dish and not to the tv. I is located in the wall, I think I got to it from under the sink or from the bookshelf under the tv. The bottom floor of the bookshelf comes up. It's been a couple of years so my memory isn't too clear.

Next, I took the tv off the wall. This is not hard but not real easy. The tv is mounted to a metal bracket/frame thingie that is then mounter to the wall. I think there are 12 screws attaching it to the wall, 6 along the to and 6 along the bottom. You'll have to feel around for them because I think they are right a the same level as the tv edges. Be careful when you take the last couple out so the tv doesn't drop. I start with the bottom first. It would be good to get a helping hand or 2.

Once the tv is off the wall you can remove the mount and access the cabling. Then you can hook it however you need.
I have my receiver sitting on edge along side the tv. I put a strap around it for traveling.
Joel K
Southeast AZ
2013 Coachman Mirada 29DSSE
jk510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #6
I have a 2013 Mirada and for the Main TV I just hooked everything up directly to the various inputs on the TV. I found that the only feed to the bedroom TV was a coax cable so I purchased an RCA CRF940 (4-in 1-out) from Amazon and using RCA outputs from DVD player and Satellite receiver to RCA box inputs, then TV coax from backTV to output of box. I did need a splitter for on-air TV so one output went to front TV and other output to RCA box. Now by pushing one of 4 buttons on RCA CRF940 I can watch DVD, TV, Sat. in back no matter what the front TV in on. Keeps the wife happy when I am watching a war movie.

dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote

2012, satellite