Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
But you paid for that up front.....

Me, I can wait. I'm in no hurry and if I am, Amazon isn't the place I shop.

Back on the subject of plumbing, my opinion is out on point to point PEX with compression clamps in an RV. It's fine in a residential setting with no movement but I'm not convinced it's the cat's meow in an RV other than it's cheap and easy to install.
Amazon charges for shipping Dah! your going to pay oneway or another. I have no other way of buying things I need either I drive 80 miles south to Durham NC or North 110 miles to Richmond I still have to but gas to do that, there is no FREE RIDE FOR ANYTHING... It has nothing to do with waiting it is just a benefit for me living in rural Virginia....Now...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #22

I take the free shipping all the time. I just bought a compressor and took the free (slow) shipping.... Bought a small 110 volt compressor (Senco) I can run on my inverter genny in the camper in case I get a flat tire I can run an impact wrench...

Lets not talk about tires anyway. I run Michelins ot Firestone in the 10 ply LT flavor with real metal valve stems and I've never had issue one with tires.....knock on wood. (aka: my head)..

I'm rural, not you. I farm and live in a remote area of Southern Michigan at the end of the power line. We have to have standby power here. When we loose power it may be a week. My nearest neighbor is 3/4 mile away and I'm on a dirt road, 3 miles gtom pavement... We had dial up until last year and in the winter, the only way out is 4 wheel drive, we get 8 foot snow drifts out here...
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:11 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I take the free shipping all the time. I just bought a compressor and took the free (slow) shipping.... Bought a small 110 volt compressor (Senco) I can run on my inverter genny in the camper in case I get a flat tire I can run an impact wrench...

Lets not talk about tires anyway. I run Michelins ot Firestone in the 10 ply LT flavor with real metal valve stems and I've never had issue one with tires.....knock on wood. (aka: my head)..

I'm rural, not you. I farm and live in a remote area of Southern Michigan at the end of the power line. We have to have standby power here. When we loose power it may be a week. My nearest neighbor is 3/4 mile away and I'm on a dirt road, 3 miles gtom pavement... We had dial up until last year and in the winter, the only way out is 4 wheel drive, we get 8 foot snow drifts out here...
Yep there are different degrees of rural, people make choices, we all find away to get things done. Still I live in a very small Town but nice everyone knows everyone and we all shop off the internet. I would have paid twice of what Amazon Prime cost me. We buy a lot from Amazon. But that is our choice. Hope you still do not have party line, and yes I'm old enough to remember them. Do you have dial up internet to. Just about all my neighbors have whole house generators to. But I do want to Thank you for being a farmer, I respect all the hard working farmers in this country.. I guess we all find our own way...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:42 AM   #24

Thank you... Often farming is hard, especially when the weather is not cooperative and because we also have cattle, going on vacations is very limited. We can 'get away' for maybe a weekend, that is about it. Farming means being here almost all the time, it is a 24 / 7 / 365 job, no holidays.

The wife keeps telling me I should retire but I'm only 67. Too young to retire and old enough to know better....
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote