Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
BOBDAWG

Squeaking rubbing noise

We have had our 2016 Concord 300TS for 3 weeks. Besides driving it home from Texas, we have been on one other trip. We love it except for one irritating squealing, squeaking noise coming from above passengers head out of the cabinets. You only notice it when you are on roads that are not a smooth surface. It is only on the passenger's side. Anyone have these noises and any solutions? I have put pressure on door and cabinetry in the area while wife was driving with no results.
bobdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:49 AM   #2

This is a general comment as I don't know exactly how your unit is constructed.

In general the manufacturer has to install a lot of stuff in a small space. Most cabinets that I have seen have false bottoms and sides to allow for electrical cables.In my particular Freelander behind the front side panel on the upper cabinet on the passenger side is a steel electric box with a relay in it that rubs against the side when everything is tight. It could be other things of course but they will have to be trial and error.

Of course if unit is new set on the dealer before all else.
KAttkisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:34 AM   #3

Weird; we have a pursuit 27kbh 2014 with the exact same problem (noise) on the drivers side. I only notice it at slow speeds sporadically. If you figure it out pass along what you learn? Thanks!
jjd74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:49 AM   #4

DON'T be alarmed.. This doesn't apply to your class C, but may apply to older class A MHs that are on the Ford F53 chassis. Someone searching for the topic of screechy squeaky sounds may stumble on this topic..

The sound I had was like two styrofoam cups rubbing together. It was coming from the drivers side near where the dashboard meets the windshield. I chased it for almost a year and close to 10,000 miles, then found it, almost by accident.

The large screws that secure the driver side wall to the frame had fallen out and the outside wall was moving (rubbing) against the frame plate.

If you drive an older Coachman MH on a F53, you may want to look at this, particularly if you notice the drivers wall moving in relation to the dash board.

Additional repair to drivers side wall | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Old 09-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #5
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB4 View Post
We have had our 2016 Concord 300TS for 3 weeks. Besides driving it home from Texas, we have been on one other trip. We love it except for one irritating squealing, squeaking noise coming from above passengers head out of the cabinets. You only notice it when you are on roads that are not a smooth surface. It is only on the passenger's side. Anyone have these noises and any solutions? I have put pressure on door and cabinetry in the area while wife was driving with no results.
Sounds like something isn't securely fastened down. Pull the side cover behind the seat and take a look at the joint between the cap, cab and sidewalls. Mine was not sealed properly and I was getting wind noise. They also had done a crappy job with the foam gasket. My guess is you have a few stripped or sheared screws in that general area, possibly over the cab where the nose cone mounts to the body, or the cabinetry mounting itself. You can pull the speaker covers and see quite a few of the mounting screws, pull the front television and you can see even more.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Try this; apply a liberal amount of high grade silicone to the gasket that marries the cab to the house portion of your class C. Take the straw that comes with the can and cut a 45 degree angle on one end, allowing it to slip In between the gasket, where it marries with the house, connect the straw to the nozzle, and apply silicone as you pull the straw tip down the gasket from top down direction. You might be expierencing that "squeeking" noise from that source. Just sayin'
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:54 PM   #7

I have a class A and had the same noise. Come to find out it was coming from the slide was out of alignment and the cabinets were rubbing on the floor. The sound wasn't coming from where we thought it was too. Not sure if this helps but thought I would share just in case.
Dlj_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:46 AM   #8
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
We have a 2016 300ds and ours had that squeak. There is a wooden plate that runs under ur tv and cabinets ( from one side to the other ) under that wooden plate there is a rubber seal. Run some dry lube in between the plate and rubber seal and that should stop it.
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise