Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2017, 03:40 PM   #1

Stabilizers/Levelers

I have a Coachman Leprechaun 319MB. It did not come equipped with Stabilizers or Levelers. For the most part we have no problems but at times we notice the coach moving. The coach also has air Bag suspension and I try and keep 50 pounds in the air bags.

We are new to RVing and I am wondering if it would make sense to add manual leveling on 4 corners. Can they be used on the 4 corners of a Leprechaun? I have no interest in investing in the auto leveling.

Any and all comments are welcome as I am not sure how to even use them.
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:52 PM   #2

I have bought manual levelers for my Coachemn 27QB and plan on installing them on the back bumper. I cant found a good clear space underneath on the frame. I also havent determined where to place the front ones that will be easily accessed.
robjordan406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #3

We went with Helwig anti sway (helps moving or parked) and stabi-lite stabilizers. While we can still feel people movement a bit, the wind movement is gone for the most part.

Heavy sway bars are probably what I would do first, whether or not you want stabilizers or levelers.

Getting reasonably stable is what DW wanted, so she does not get shaken awake if someone moves around.

Look under your rig. Might already have the mounts for levelers added from factory, which would make it much easier for DIY.

I would not suggesting adding or jacking past the frame extension.
Dp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #4

I think you can get some that can be either bolted or welded to the frame. I suggest you placed them as close as possible behind the front tires and in front of the rear ones. I think this would avoid problems with any frame twist. MHO
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stabilizers