Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #1
BOBDAWG

Towing with concord

I have a 2016 Concord 300ts and am looking at a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara to tow. Do any other Concord owners tow a like vehicle? If so how does the Concord perform? Appreciate any advice. I do not want to purchase a vehicle that will overwork my RV.
bobdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #2

Bob,
I don’t have a Concord and am sure some Concord owners will offer their opinions. I have a Leprechaun with a 7500# capability. I think has the same. However, having the hitch weight capability is different from whether or not is easy or fun. I think anything for a Class C over 3500# will not be easy or fun. MHO.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:59 AM   #3
World Wide Wanderer

There are at least 2-3 members on here that tow Jeeps with their Concords and have zero problems, including up and over the Rockies.

I have a 2016 300DS with the Ford V-10, I have towed my bride's Fusion Hybrid with a dolly. No problems, according to the documentation I have I am rated for 7500# of towing.

Look for posts from BlackJeep22 and jjSpeedwagon. IIRC they both were towing Jeeps with the Concord. BlackJeep22 "upgraded" to a DP, but the information is still here on the forum somewhere.

FWIW I seriously doubt you can overwork the E450 chassis with the V-10. We run pretty close to max GVW and other than a bit heavier on the handling you can't tell it from empty.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:15 AM   #4
BOBDAWG

Thank you for the information. We usually drive 60 - 65 and just want a tow vehicle we can enjoy. The Jeep fills the bill, but is pricey. Just want to get as much information as possible. Thanks again.
bobdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:09 AM   #5
Land of the Midnightsun

First BIG HI to Aaron. Been awhile since I've been on here. Family stuff anyhow we own a 2016 concord DS and we pull a 2 door jeep. About 4200 lbs with stuff in back of it. And that big v10 pulls like a dream. We went to the north rim of Grand Canyon last summer and last 10 miles you go up about 6000-7000 ft and I could of passed everyone. You'll never lack hp. That motor and chassis is very impressive we absolutely LOVE our concord one thing I did do just before we did our Grand Canyon trip is install the 5 Star tune. I recommend that it is worth every penny. I run 70 mph with cruse set no prob. Hook your jk up with confidence
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing