Old 07-28-2016, 07:09 PM   #91
World Wide Wanderer

John, good work on the SafeTsteer. I will look into that. I have some alignment specs for the E450 chassis. I will share when I get back to a more reliable internet connection.

Dick, I started a thread about a possible rally. My wife and I are both still working but have a vacation block coming up in April 2017... Have Concord will travel!

I am thinking somewhere relatively central with temperate weather. Seeing how it was my brilliant idea I will volunteer as wagon master.

I will shoot you a PM with my contact info, I live about 3 hours south of Richmond, and have a project going there at the moment. Maybe we can get together.

Aaron

Old 07-30-2016, 09:02 PM   #92
World Wide Wanderer

Back from the Great Beyond!

Back from our week at 4 Paws Kingdom, we had a great time and the dog had a blast. I can highly recommend this campground if you are ever near the NC foothills near the NC/SC/GA border area.

We did not get the rig weighed. My bride got home late and the scales were closed. Not set up for the toad yet. We packed everything we needed for a week and the only thing we ran out of was orange liqueur (for the margaritas) and potato chips

Here is a picture of the campsite, along with a couple more pictures of the dog perch in use as it was planned. Need to make a couple of modifications to the design, but it worked very well.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:13 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
Well I added extra ac over bedroom. Removed fantastic fan and put in dometic 13,500 btu low pro penguin II. Then ordered a roll of the double bubble reflective insulation and cut it to fit inside of windshield and both side door Windows. And WA-LA. A lot cooler. That all I've done and it works great. When my wife and I were in fredrickburge for the 4th. We sat in wide open sun and it was 105 -107. And the original 15,000 btu ac would only cool inside to about 83-84 and my wife had odd look on her face. So when we got home. I got to ordering another ac and something to put in windshield to cut the heat. Our little thin privacy cover that covers Windows didn't do much to hold back heat
How did you wire it up, WE just got off a big trip. HOT HOT HOT in the bedroom evening was ok. But not in the day.
Rescue Duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:31 PM   #94

Wahoonc, do you happen to have the numbers for Bilstein Shocks for the 2016 E450?

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #95

I found them Wahoonc,Thanks.Bilstein--Front BE5-H341-HO/-33-187570--Rear BE5-E205-HO/33-176875..$343.20 for 4 allshocks.com.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 08-01-2016, 09:22 PM   #96
DW's Retirement Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post

Here is a picture of the campsite, along with a couple more pictures of the dog perch in use as it was planned. Need to make a couple of modifications to the design, but it worked very well.

Aaron

Like the dog perch! Showed this picture to my DW and she just looked at me and asked when I would have ours done. Maybe it would keep our Sheltie from pacing around the MH.
Great thread on your mods. Keep up the good work!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:11 PM   #97
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue Duct View Post
How did you wire it up, WE just got off a big trip. HOT HOT HOT in the bedroom evening was ok. But not in the day.
Sorry I haven't replied sooner my wife and I have been out enjoying our concord over in New Mex. I wired our second ac up with a 25ft 15 amp 14 gauge wire extension cord found at lowes. Wired it straight in to ac then plug pops out the hatch for spare tire crank. I use an inline plug in 20 amp circuit breaker when plugging it straight into box for your rv hook up. Most have 20amp plug in next to your 30amp plug in. I found this works for my set up and didn't want to go to the trouble or expense of increasing to 50 amp
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #98
Land of the Midnightsun

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	116303

I did manage to get the tv boom arm put in before we left. It will swing tv around 29 inches works well. I am gonna replace original piece of wood behind tv with piece of oak and stain it dark don't care for the large holes in original wood. I looked on back of tv for amp usage and it doesn't say out right but formula is divide watts into voltage ? Have to look it up
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:55 AM   #99
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Attachment 116303

I did manage to get the tv boom arm put in before we left. It will swing tv around 29 inches works well. I am gonna replace original piece of wood behind tv with piece of oak and stain it dark don't care for the large holes in original wood. I looked on back of tv for amp usage and it doesn't say out right but formula is divide watts into voltage ? Have to look it up
Nice job! Divide the watts by volts to get the amps. Or just let me know what the tag said.

I doubt we will do that mod. My wife normally sits in the dinette anyway, if she is on the couch she is napping. I don't watch much television at all, I can actually go for weeks without turning it on at home or in my motels.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #100

plug

Quote:
Sorry I haven't replied sooner my wife and I have been out enjoying our concord over in New Mex. I wired our second ac up with a 25ft 15 amp 14 gauge wire extension cord found at lowes. Wired it straight in to ac then plug pops out the hatch for spare tire crank. I use an inline plug in 20 amp circuit breaker when plugging it straight into box for your rv hook up. Most have 20amp plug in next to your 30amp plug in. I found this works for my set up and didn't want to go to the trouble or expense of increasing to 50 amp
Tell me more about (or show pic) of this inline 20 amp circuit breaker,Please.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma

Tags
modifications