Old 08-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJeep22 View Post
JJ,
Looks like your pigtail has a 4 ROUND connector. The Hopkins 56200 has a FLAT connector. How did you hook the pigtail to the 4 FLAT connector on the Hopkins wiring kit? Looks like one of these setups might work better:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0016...Q415F2SZA9J00V

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...s/HM47044.html
I suppose I could always cut the 4 FLAT connecter off of the 56200 and wire it directly to the ROUND connector on the pigtail.

2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
BlackJeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:43 PM   #142
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
I suppose I could always cut the 4 FLAT connecter off of the 56200 and wire it directly to the ROUND connector on the pigtail.
The reason why I cut off flat conection is I like the round ended pig tail the plugs have lights in them when connected so I can see they are plugged in at night during a walk around oh and about Aranas ( uh oh spelling? ) I'm not familiar with that area. Corpus area pretty though

Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #143
Land of the Midnightsun

I have a learning experience I'd like to pass on. When wife and I were rolling up from Kerrville tx. My wife jumped ahead of me and plugged in pigtail from Moho to front of jeep and somehow she plugged the pigtail in upside down into Moho ( quite a grip I guess) anyhow I walk behind jeep and no lights flashing from my 4 ways being on. So I back track and find cord upside down. Turn it around and nothing. $&(56$&@?!(&&@@!(;.&$$. ( I said that silently) got test light out. No power to my plug in on Moho Off top of my head I figured 7way plug would be wired into tail lights? NOPE. It has separate wire harnes all the way up front. Anyhow fuse # 48 in ford fuse box covers this. They are special low pro square fuse 20amp . I didn't have any. And I recommend getting some. Amazon carries multiple amp box for 40 bucks. I got box. Ford E-Series E-450 E450 (from 2015) – fuse box diagram | Auto Genius Good diagram of concord fuse box. Ford manual has it to
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:35 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
I have a learning experience I'd like to pass on. When wife and I were rolling up from Kerrville tx. My wife jumped ahead of me and plugged in pigtail from Moho to front of jeep and somehow she plugged the pigtail in upside down into Moho ( quite a grip I guess) anyhow I walk behind jeep and no lights flashing from my 4 ways being on. So I back track and find cord upside down. Turn it around and nothing. $&(56$&@?!(&&@@!(;.&$$. ( I said that silently) got test light out. No power to my plug in on Moho Off top of my head I figured 7way plug would be wired into tail lights? NOPE. It has separate wire harnes all the way up front. Anyhow fuse # 48 in ford fuse box covers this. They are special low pro square fuse 20amp . I didn't have any. And I recommend getting some. Amazon carries multiple amp box for 40 bucks. I got box. Ford E-Series E-450 E450 (from 2015) fuse box diagram | Auto Genius Good diagram of concord fuse box. Ford manual has it to
Good info thanks JJ
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 08-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #145
World Wide Wanderer

Just put the box on my next Amazon order.

Sounds like your bride is one of those that WILL put a round peg in a square hole regardless if it is designed to fit or not.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:06 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Just put the box on my next Amazon order.

Sounds like your bride is one of those that WILL put a round peg in a square hole regardless if it is designed to fit or not.

Aaron
Which "box" did you guys order? This one? I see many for much less than $40.
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 PM   #147
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
Which "box" did you guys order? This one? I see many for much less than $40.
Yes those will protect you from your wife. I mean replace the goofy fuses. Also ordered a box of Minnie 2 prong fuses. They all getting smaller
Old 09-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
So now there are 4 of us with Concords. That's cool. This forum kind of boring unless you meet others with same equipment
Add another one in... We bought ours last fall as our first RV. I believe I've run into a couple of you in other places but just found this thread today. I'm hooked...

Reason I found this was I just TODAY discovered that our Concord has TWO grey water tanks. I probably shouldn't go into too many details for fear of embarrassment but I was under the impression that the outboard tank on the curb side was the fresh water tank and I have only completely drained it twice since owning the RV. Other times I would just pull that lever every now and then to rinse the drain lines out. This came back to bite me last weekend when I was dry camping at a race paddock and the water backed up into my kitchen sink.

Anyway, after about an hour at the local campground dump station...dumping everything, rinsing everything...and then running water into sinks, showers and toilets did I finally figure out what is really going on. Now I just have to go look for the elusive fresh water drain in case I every really have to winterize the RV.

I'm only about halfway thru reading about all of the mods you all have done so far, love all of them. My mods so far have been only out of necessity. We lost the AC cover going down the highway at 70 mph. Luckily we recovered it basically undamaged and was able to secure it back down only much better this time. It started with only 4 of these small screws securing it.

It now has 9 screws around the bottom of it holding it in place.

I also had to search down a short in the brake light circuit that kept blowing the 10 amp brake light fuse, finally found it under the plastic footwell near the drivers door. A wire tapped into the brake light circuit that led up to the Bigfoot Jack controller would intermittently short against the body...that was fun to find for sure. Did you guys know you can't shift out of park if your brake lights don't come on?

I'll add more later, need to catch up on a few other things as I just got back home. We love our 300DS though, bought it in Sept with 6,000 miles on it and now have about 13,500 miles on it. We've pulled my race car to 4 out of town events and made a few other long weekend trips in it. Getting ready now to go to the Hot Air Balloon festival in Albuquerque NM next month for our next trip.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:07 PM   #149

Okay, just finished the thread... I'm laughing because we just bought a Camp Chef as well. Great minds and all... My next project is plumbing in the extend a stay so I can feed the Camp Chef from the onboard propane tank.

We pull our Jeep Liberty with a Demco tow bar and use a SMI Stay-IN-Play DUO brake system in the Jeep. I installed it all myself and am very happy with the setup.

I also put a Tekonsha brake controller under the dash and use it when pulling the race car on the trailer.

BTW, I've had my RV on the scales many times. With the RV loaded, full of fresh water, full of fuel and all our gear...it weighs 12,600 #, my car trailer weighs 6100# so we are at 18,700 # looking like this.

We are really close to the max on the rear tires, within 100 #s each...but we are safe and have pulled a lot of miles like this so far. An aluminum trailer is on my wish list to lessen the load some (mainly tongue weight is the issue). It gets right on down the road like this though, I am VERY happy with the power it has and how it drives. I average about 7.25 mpg like if I keep it around 67-72 mph...and it'll stay in OD to the top of most hills too.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:25 PM   #150

Nice set up. I'm not complaining anymore about my 10mph pulling my Equinox! Just got back to MN from the East coast and round trip I got 10.5 (no car).

Tags
modifications