Old 09-05-2016, 03:37 PM   #151

Thanks! I've found the way to get good mileage...is to slow down. It seems like the happy spot is 67-69 MPH. This keeps momentum up for the hills and helps keep it in OD. Any slower than that and it's shifting all the time and really revving and any faster and...well...you are just fighting too hard with the air.

Who knows...maybe it's much better at 55 mph and not in OD...but who am I kidding... I'll never drive it that slow just to save a few bucks in gas. I'm tickled that it does as good as it does.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #152

Yea, I've tried it at 60 and 65 and it's not much better. I do have the Chevy which it kind of like. I've had several Fords too but this one seems a bit quieter. I try to drive with the tach on and keep it at 2200-2300. That gives me the best mileage running about 70 mph.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:08 AM   #153

SS Lance, your fresh water drain is in the coach behind where it says low water drain. Open it there is 3 pull up plungers pull up and drain away.
Rescue Duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:14 AM   #154

Air Bags ?

Has anyone added a remote compressor to fill air bags. I have found when trying to find a place to fill air bags is kind of pain in the butt. I have talk to a local 4 wheel shop and they can install a compressor with remote filling capabilities. Be kind of nice to fill bags by a push of a button. I have found the hard way about not keeping the bags fill up to 80psi. I have removed the dump hose in Idaho and the rest in Montana. Just coming out of a gas station. I did not replace just use a dump hose now. But I find if I dont keep the bags up the rear of the coach wants to drag. Any thoughts....... ?
Rescue Duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:06 AM   #155

I had one air bag that would not hold air for more than a couple of days when we first got ours, upon inspecting I found the blow through valve stem cap was the problem. I removed it, removed the valve stem itself and cleaned it all out real good and then replaced the blow through caps with good caps. My air bags will hold 80 psi for a month at a time now.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:02 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I am one of those people that CANNOT leave well enough alone.

[*]Inverter to power televisions when dry camping, along with an auto transfer switch[*]Permanent solar install, currently use 100 watt portable
These two are on my mod list as well. While I'm mechanically inclined, I'm RV dumb apparently, so I'm glad to know someone else going through the same upgrades to bounce ideas off of (or to just flat out steal from ).
Old 09-09-2016, 06:27 AM   #157
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue Duct View Post
Has anyone added a remote compressor to fill air bags. I have found when trying to find a place to fill air bags is kind of pain in the butt. I have talk to a local 4 wheel shop and they can install a compressor with remote filling capabilities. Be kind of nice to fill bags by a push of a button. I have found the hard way about not keeping the bags fill up to 80psi. I have removed the dump hose in Idaho and the rest in Montana. Just coming out of a gas station. I did not replace just use a dump hose now. But I find if I dont keep the bags up the rear of the coach wants to drag. Any thoughts....... ?
I believe that Firestone makes a kit for just that. I carry a 12 volt portable compressor that hooks to the battery. So far I just top the bags up before I leave home and all is well. Longest we have been out for has been a week and the bags held pressure for that long without any issues.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:55 AM   #158

I agree. I filled mine in the Spring and when I got home last month they were still at 55#. They should hold a long time just like a car tire. (Same rubber and are made with cording in them so they don't stretch out) If they have a quick pressure drop it can only be a leak. First suspect would be the valve core. The valve cap is purely to keep dirt out but will also seal so keep those snug.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:02 PM   #159

Hitch drop?

Any Concord owners out there (that are towing) have to install a Hitch drop on the back? The receiver on the back seems pretty high.
2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
BlackJeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:53 PM   #160

Steve I tow a Chevy Equinox and I had to get a 4" drop to get me in tolerance. My tow bar is a Blue Ox and I think the recommended was +/- 2". Anyway, the drop hitch adapter worked well. I use locking pins in both the receiver and drop.

Dick

Tags
modifications