Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2016, 04:38 PM   #61
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJeep22 View Post
I admit I haven't looked very far into it, but is there an easy way to get the TV (above the cab) to play through the sound bar and 2 speakers? I didn't see anything obvious on the entertainment center next to the TV.
Put the stereo on AUX and it should play the television, if you use the television speakers too you get some serious surround sound. I have pretty poor hearing but even I can tell a difference. Some of the other options are "Optical", "Cable" and a couple of others. I mainly use the AUX for the television. We do play DVD's on it and I run Pandora from my cellphone via the bluetooth. I also plug up an iPod too.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:44 PM   #62
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
So now there are 4 of us with Concords. That's cool. This forum kind of boring unless you meet others with same equipment
There are more than four of us on this board, but we four seem to be the most active at the moment. I know there is one out of MSP richardelarson and at least one more from the upper Midwest, just can't remember who at the moment.

We need to plan a Concord Rally!

Aaron

Old 07-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #63
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I will look at that as an alternative, where did you put the remote sensor?

I want to split the step light and grab bar light off the over head porch light... eventually. I really don't need the overhead but the grab bar and step light come in handy.

I have requested a wiring diagram from Coachmen, but haven't heard back from them yet. I can figure it out, eventually, but like working from plans and diagrams.

Aaron
I ran all power wires to coach batteries. I wanted everything separate as far as on and off. My lights on Moho under awning remote box is on side with lights permanent and weather proof. Remote box for lights underneath on frame rails is in battery box. The lights on metal roller for awning sits in awning arm. It plugs in and unplugs when rolling up awning. Then put remote box in drawer inside
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #64

Mirror

I use my camera to watch my Tacoma.
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #65
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
I use my camera to watch my Tacoma.
I watch my hitch basket... camera needs adjusting.

I did leave the rear view mirror in, the angle of the camera screen is hard to see if there is much sunlight in the cab. I also use it to keep an eye on what goes on in the camper while traveling. We will be taking a niece and nephew along on trips in a couple of years so it will come in handy then.

Aaron

Old 07-21-2016, 06:02 PM   #66
Land of the Midnightsun

I'm down for a concord rally
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #67
World Wide Wanderer

I like that ottoman, what are the basic dimensions?

That might be an alternate to the dog perch. Bought a rug for it today, if it gets dirty it can be pulled off and washed. He has already ridden around the yard on it, we are heading out on Saturday for a week so he will get to really try it out.

Aaron

Old 07-21-2016, 08:50 PM   #68

Quote:
So now there are 4 of us with Concords. That's cool. This forum kind of boring unless you meet others with same equipment
It IS cool. As mentioned previously, this is our FIRST Motorhome, so please be patient with all my questions... I'd rather pump you guys than the techs or salesmen at my dealership. As I learn more, perhaps I can be of some help to you guys. 👍
BlackJeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:01 PM   #69
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
It IS cool. As mentioned previously, this is our FIRST Motorhome, so please be patient with all my questions... I'd rather pump you guys than the techs or salesmen at my dealership. As I learn more, perhaps I can be of some help to you guys. ��
No problem, glad to help. I am a very inquisitive person... Love taking things apart to see how and why they work... or don't.

I have been messing about with RV's for close to 40 years. Completely rebuilt several, helped build a few new ones from scratch, and enjoy tinkering. Learn something new everyday too.

Aaron

Old 07-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #70
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
It IS cool. As mentioned previously, this is our FIRST Motorhome, so please be patient with all my questions... I'd rather pump you guys than the techs or salesmen at my dealership. As I learn more, perhaps I can be of some help to you guys. 👍
Heck ask anything this is our first one also. Was wondering I read your thread on your rear tire air pressure and replied that we had similar prob and I had both rear outside wheels with bad air valves. Took it to discount tire and they replaced for 44 bucks no big deal Aaron is pretty sharp bout a lot of stuff. I read all his stuff
Old 07-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #71
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I like that ottoman, what are the basic dimensions?

That might be an alternate to the dog perch. Bought a rug for it today, if it gets dirty it can be pulled off and washed. He has already ridden around the yard on it, we are heading out on Saturday for a week so he will get to really try it out.

Aaron
Dimensions on ottoman is 31" wide. 17" deep and 19" tall. Including wheels. Think wheels are 2" high got them at lowes. My next project is to put a swivel arm on front tv so we can move it out and to the right about 28". I'm going to put a repeater on front of tv that will carry remote signal to satellite box and head unit that will be behind tv when swiveled to the side
Old 07-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #72

I normally research things to death, (retired civil engineer) but, not so much on the 300DS. We had looked at so many, including Class As, that we fell in love with the layout, apparent quality, color scheme, and how it worked for us... the smaller size, fits on the RV pad that I designed and had built last summer... just seemed like a perfect fit. I still haven't read any of the manuals, except for Bigfoot... just not like me, BUT thanks to you guys, it's making the discovery/adventure MUCH easier.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
Old 07-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #73
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
I normally research things to death, (retired civil engineer) but, not so much on the 300DS. We had looked at so many, including Class As, that we fell in love with the layout, apparent quality, color scheme, and how it worked for us... the smaller size, fits on the RV pad that I designed and had built last summer... just seemed like a perfect fit. I still haven't read any of the manuals, except for Bigfoot... just not like me, BUT thanks to you guys, it's making the discovery/adventure MUCH easier.
We are glad to get to know ya. You got a great rig. We have about 3000 miles now and have been out 5 times and have had a ball we pull our jeep everywhere and it does great. We looked for about 2 yrs and really got burned out looking from big busses to 5th wheels. Then last yr we took vacation back to Alaska and flew up and rented 26 ft class c. And thought this is it. Just little bigger and somewhat nicer so we started down the class c path and found the concord. Wife loved it had great reviews so we pulled trigger. So far it has treated us great few little probs but all the main systems are flawless. ( knock on wood ) our mpg pulling jeep is getting better , 10 mpg most flat terrain but not holding breath on that. We feel it is what it is.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:00 PM   #74
Land of the Midnightsun

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	114972

Well just got of Amazon and found this 29inch tv swivel extension. I think it will work well. Swing the tv over to the right more out in front of ya when your on couch. Aeon makes it.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:24 PM   #75

Quote:
Attachment 114972

Well just got of Amazon and found this 29inch tv swivel extension. I think it will work well. Swing the tv over to the right more out in front of ya when your on couch. Aeon makes it.
Cool, let us know how it goes.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
Old 07-23-2016, 04:40 AM   #76
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Attachment 114972

Nice! I probably won't bother with that mod unless mama asks for it. I don't watch much television at all. In fact my normal seat in the camper is the driver's seat when it is swiveled around.

Do me a favor though, when you pull the television, check the power draw on it please. Furrion doesn't list that in their specs. I am planning to put the front and outside televisions on an inverter and want to size it.

Aaron

Old 07-23-2016, 04:52 AM   #77
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
It IS cool. As mentioned previously, this is our FIRST Motorhome, so please be patient with all my questions... I'd rather pump you guys than the techs or salesmen at my dealership. As I learn more, perhaps I can be of some help to you guys. ��
Quote:
Heck ask anything this is our first one also. Was wondering I read your thread on your rear tire air pressure and replied that we had similar prob and I had both rear outside wheels with bad air valves. Took it to discount tire and they replaced for 44 bucks no big deal Aaron is pretty sharp bout a lot of stuff. I read all his stuff
Shhhh.... don't tell anybody... this is our first motor home too.

I have been involved in the care and feeding of a variety of motor homes over the years that belonged to various relatives. I did a quick count, over the past 40 years I have had 2 pickup campers, 2 popups, 1 fifth wheel and quite a few (8-9?) travel trailers. Got my first one when I was 16, it was given to me and needed a fair bit of work. Got it functional and sold it to a guy to use for hunting camp, that lead to several more. Then helped a guy build a 20' TT using the Glen-L plans. Probably one of my most fun was a big 11' pickup camper that was given to me, I put it down in the woods under a shelter and lived in it off grid for close to 2 years. Had a couple of Airstreams that I rebuilt, then got a couple more, but never got them finished. And to add insult to injury, we live on a small farm and I maintain just about everything out here, including some heavy equipment. So working and tinkering comes naturally to me.

We had purchased a 16' Coleman travel trailer to use and were looking at upgrading to a larger Lance TT in a couple of years, started looking at motor homes again because we felt like they might fit our needs better. My wife does a fair bit of volunteer work and having a motor home to stay in during the day is a plus. Looked at the B+, Dynamax Isata, Born Free, Lexington and a few others. We were primarily looking used but hadn't really seen anything that we liked well enough to put the money on. Coming back from a trade show in Florida we stopped at the dealer in SC and they had a Concord on the lot, it checked off 95% of the boxes on our list, so bought it we did.

Another major reason for the Concord is that my wife can drive it. She WOULD NOT drive any Class A that we looked at. Found a couple of killer deals on big Holiday Rambler buses, but no joy. Also pretty sure I don't want the maintenance costs associated with one of those big 400hp Cat's either.

Loving it. We are heading out for a full week later today when my bride gets home. Got full fuel tanks, some water and enough stuff to support an expedition to Everest on board. Plan to hit the scales on the way out of town. This will be our first long trip with it. I will post up how things went along with my weight numbers. I am almost afraid to see where they will land.

Aaronn

Old 07-23-2016, 09:22 AM   #78
Land of the Midnightsun

I'll take look on tv. I'm curious about your weight? Will u weigh with your toad? Our last weigh was 17,480. Full of fuel ( both concord & jeep ) water , propane even had big 70 qt cooler in jeep loaded with cold beverages. Was really happy to stay away from boundaries. Jeep weighed in at 4200lbs Have a safe blast.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:26 AM   #79
Land of the Midnightsun

Remember? . No loud music !! We are older now and more responsible
Old 07-23-2016, 10:25 AM   #80
Land of the Midnightsun

Name:   image.jpeg
Views: 361
Size:  5.2 KB

Cummins Power Generation 155-2449 This is something else I'm gonna try. It's a resonater for gen- set exhaust I found you tube vid on it and it cuts sound in half. Impressive

Tags
modifications