Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #1

Was under the coach today: TracBar

Getting ready to install Ultra-Trac tracbar today but will wait until tomorrow to do it.

Took a shot of the rear end and will take some pics of the install.

There is room under the coach to work but with this old body I'm now wearing I find it harder to work on my back under the coach than it used to be.

So the first thing I will probably do is take a couple of Aleve tablets in the morning and then get started.

( I threw in a proof of the CHF picture.)

Roll
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060978.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	26728   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060981.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	26729   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060979.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	26730  
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #2

Today was my first ride in the coach since installing Steer Safe and Blue Ox rear trac bar. As a passenger, I definitely noticed the difference on the highway - much straighter tracking despite anything passing us! Very happy with this mod, for sure! I think you're going to like the difference!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
Today was my first ride in the coach since installing Steer Safe and Blue Ox rear trac bar. As a passenger, I definitely noticed the difference on the highway - much straighter tracking despite anything passing us! Very happy with this mod, for sure! I think you're going to like the difference!
Thanks, thats what I hoped to hear. Some have said it eliminates the tail wagging completely; if I get a least a noticable improvement I would think it money well spent, (and Tracbars are not cheap).

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Getting ready to install Ultra-Trac tracbar today but will wait until tomorrow to do it.

Took a shot of the rear end and will take some pics of the install.

There is room under the coach to work but with this old body I'm now wearing I find it harder to work on my back under the coach than it used to be.

So the first thing I will probably do is take a couple of Aleve tablets in the morning and then get started.

( I threw in a proof of the CHF picture.)

Roll
Looks like the springs are pretty flat which might be part of your problem.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #5

I have the jacks down just enough to steady it. Perhaps I pushed it up more than expected.

I thought I would install it this way and then pull the jacks up to make the final postioning and then tighten up the bar.

Yet... having the coach "up" would increase the spring arch, correct?

This is a new coach (2011) and I am under my NCCC weight with no supstantial change in cargo. Thoughts?

Roll
Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
...Yet... having the coach "up" would increase the spring arch, correct?...
I would be concerned and maybe look under some other coaches to see if they are similar. It just looks a little suspicious to me, but I do not own a mh and really have no experience with them. Only experience I've had are on trucks and the old cars that had leaf springs and if they were on my truck, I would be looking for some new or stiffer springs.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I would be concerned and maybe look under some other coaches to see if they are similar. It just looks a little suspicious to me, but I do not own a mh and really have no experience with them. Only experience I've had are on trucks and the old cars that had leaf springs and if they were on my truck, I would be looking for some new or stiffer springs.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am taking it to the dealer soon for routine servicing and the chassis is still under warrenty. I'll have them take a look and advise.

Roll