Old 03-11-2015, 03:44 PM   #1

Water Issue

I guess the last post didn't go through. Let me try again.
I just bought a 2015 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DSF. When I picked it up I was told the Black colored water connection (it looks like a regular plastic hose fitting) was for city water and to fill the fresh water tank. The White colored water connection (it looks like the fresh water connection on every other camper I have ever owned, like a flower) is for the Black Water holding tank flushing system. Is this correct, and if so, why would anyone do such a thing?

Old 03-11-2015, 04:04 PM   #2

I cant say because I do not own your unit but the sanity test in my head says that's backwards.

Nights Camped (2017- 16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc701 View Post
I guess the last post didn't go through. Let me try again.
I just bought a 2015 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DSF. When I picked it up I was told the Black colored water connection (it looks like a regular plastic hose fitting) was for city water and to fill the fresh water tank. The White colored water connection (it looks like the fresh water connection on every other camper I have ever owned, like a flower) is for the Black Water holding tank flushing system. Is this correct, and if so, why would anyone do such a thing?
I don't doubt they told you that BUT, City water hook-up can not be the same as the fresh water storage. It's hard to say what line fitting is what. But you can not have city water hooked to a tank....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Got an owner's manual? Generally Black fittings are for Black tanks. So that seems very odd to me.
gljurczky is right, there should be a connector for direct water use and one for filling your fresh tank.

From pictures of your unit on a RV site, it looks as if there's a panel that says "City Water Connection". Is that where the hose connections are?
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:13 PM   #5

There are only two connectors behind the water door. There is also a blue two position lever that says one position to winterize and the other position for city water. I assume the winterize position is also to fill the fresh water tank. There is no traditional water tank fill like on all the other TT, 5ers, class A, or Pup I have owned.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:19 PM   #6
Former Full Timer

Quote:
There are only two connectors behind the water door. There is also a blue two position lever that says one position to winterize and the other position for city water. I assume the winterize position is also to fill the fresh water tank. There is no traditional water tank fill like on all the other TT, 5ers, class A, or Pup I have owned.
I believe that your assessment is correct on the 2015. I looked at a 2014 and it had 3 hose connections on the exterior with the center being city. Now with the locking door, a valve was added. I wish I had that setup myself.
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:07 AM   #7

NurseJohn on page 4 Posted on 4/27/2014 seems to have the same question as I have. When he thinks he is putting water in his fresh water tank, it ends up in his black water tank. I think Coachmen could do a better job of labeling these water connections. Does anyone have a phone number for Coachmen where I could get an answer?
Old 03-12-2015, 12:26 AM   #8

CIty water inlet is commonly now the same inlet to fill the freshwater tank too - one inlet, both duties. Makes seasonal sanitizing more creative, but no big deal.

As far as colors go on the inlet versus function, I wouldn't trust line workers to plumb it the same on unit to unit after the silly things I've seen. So, go for the easy solution and hook up a hose to what you think is the black tank flusher and head inside and have a look down the open toilet - easy, or monitor the panel indicators if you are inclined to trust them to see what tank is filling.

Happy Camping!
Old 03-12-2015, 06:57 AM   #9
Former Full Timer

Quote:
... Does anyone have a phone number for Coachmen where I could get an answer?
Coachmen "Class A" Service

Maybe their label maker broke?
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #10
Roger and Paula

My unit uses a single input. Change the valve settings on the water manifold for draining, filling, city water. Had a learning curve but figured it out. When I have seen separate inputs, the water fill is a large cap, usually at an angle, with the city water being flush on the wall of the unit, with a standard female hose fitting.

Tags
water