Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 08:35 AM   #1

Water tank drain on Concord 300ds

Anyone know where the fresh water tank drain is on the Concord 300ds? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Only found the low water valve which just drains a trickle pace.
richardelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:07 AM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardelarson View Post
Anyone know where the fresh water tank drain is on the Concord 300ds? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Only found the low water valve which just drains a trickle pace.
It is behind the air return grate, there are three pull up valves in there, two low point drains and the tank drain. It drains.... S-L-O-W. On my list of things to do is to convert the tank drain down valve to a 12 volt electric and make it larger so it will A) drain down faster and B) I don't have to pull the friggin' grate every time I want to drain the tank. One way to get the tank drained down a bit faster is to use the water pump, and the outside shower in conjunction with the drain down valve. IIRC it took my tank nearly 30 minutes to completely empty from full using the standard drain down valve.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:03 AM   #3

I did find that one but certainly thought it must not be the tank drain. What a stupid idea that is. I like the idea of the 12volt one. I'll do that too. Also, I'm changing the grate from screws to magnetic latches. I'm going to have to plane it down a bit because it's a tight fit.

I think our units are twins. Saw your picture in the woods. Mine is the same color as yours etc. We've only done about 5,000 miles in the last 3 months but love it. Thanks for all your ideas too. I've followed you on the forum and like your ideas. What have you done, if anything, with the dump mechanism. I'm considering removing it. Kind of a pain but nice hose storage.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #4
World Wide Wanderer

At 5,000 miles you are way ahead of me. I thing we might be in the 2300 range.

I ditched the sewer hose storage extension thing. What a mess that was, might have looked good in design but in execution it was a nightmare. We currently use the Sewer Solution for draining tanks. Eventually plan to rework the plumbing and put in a power macerator. Another plumbing mod I want to do is a transfer pipe between the gray tanks. Why they would put the kitchen sink and the shower (the two biggest tank fillers) on the same tank is beyond me.

I like the idea of the magnetic catch for the vent cover. I just haven't gotten that far along yet. This weekend I am probably going to be trying to insulate the front cap area behind the entertainment center. I was going to drop the entire cabinet up there but the boss vetoed that idea. So I will have to play contortionist and work through the speaker openings and the TV opening.

Aaron

Old 06-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #5

It's pretty easy to get 5,000 miles when you live in Minneapolis and have grandkids in Denver. 2K round trip. We did that once, went to Branson once and up to Northern MN once. Typically do about 15K per year.

I'm going to look into the macerator. That would take care of a lot of trouble. The sewer gizzmo is going to have to go regardless. I also think I want to turn the gray water valves. What a pain to try to pull them sideways. I like your idea of joining the two gray water tanks too. That was another stupid idea that must have looked good on paper.

Let me know how the insulation goes. Seems like that would be good in summer and winter.

Dick
Old 06-09-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
World Wide Wanderer

MSP to DEN is a pretty good haul. Got a brother in Highlands Ranch and a cousin or two in New Brighton, MN.

You do know there are three gray water valves? The third one is on the right hand side somewhere behind the wheel, have to lay on the ground to get to it. As part of the plumbing overhaul I plan to replace the two gray water valves at the tanks with electric as well as the black, and eliminate the third one. Also toying with the idea of building insulated boxes around the tanks so I can pipe furnace air down to them when dry camping.

Here is picture of what I did for the time being after pulling the hose storage gizmo out.

Aaron

Old 06-09-2016, 09:24 PM   #7

I did know about the three valves. What's with that anyway? I think the electric valves is a great idea. That's better than my idea of turning the two valves. I'm going to do some re-plumbing that's for sure.

Thanks for all your great ideas!
Old 06-10-2016, 05:40 AM   #8
World Wide Wanderer

I think the concept behind the three valves is the one on the right hand side is used in freezing weather to keep the water out of the pipe so it doesn't freeze and break the pipe. In warmer weather you just use the two valves on the left side. A well designed Rube Goldberg system

I have a whole list of planned mods in my Concord Mod thread. Not sure how many will actually get done, but I have most of the rest of my life to work on it.

Aaron

Old 06-10-2016, 07:26 AM   #9

I guess that does make sense but I think mine is about 2 feet from the tank. Anyway, it will all get changed when I redo the plumbing.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #10

Smile Fresh Water Tank location in Concord 300 DS

We have a 2018 and we found the tank in the bedroom on the closet side. Below the center drawers you can remove the black panel and the tank is behind it. The other comments posted are helpful in running bleach water through the tank.
johnnyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, tank, water, water tank