Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #1

Cool Wiring Trouble

Anyone have a 2015 Prism 2150 wiring plan/diagram/schematic?

I have a 2014 7-page wiring plan (PLE 2150CB/MM), but it's 12V wiring differs in many ways from what I see in my coach e.g. load center location, wire colors, 12V branch circuit labeling, one (pink wire always live) circuit with no apparent fusing anywhere. The 120V plan appears pretty accurate.

I'm attempting to install two 12V holding tank heaters. I'm handy with things electrical, but getting nowhere fast in locating/identifying the correct circuit/wiring to connect to.

And what is a "porch" circuit? Does "porch" = slide out?
Old 04-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Porch = Porch light.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #3

It might be best to run all new wiring from your fuse box (hope you have an unused position) to your switch and then to your tanks. Since this is a high load item you don't want anything else on the circuit with it. In the time it takes to sort out the factory "rat nest" of wiring you could have the job finished.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:50 AM   #4

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by klspahr View Post
It might be best to run all new wiring from your fuse box (hope you have an unused position) to your switch and then to your tanks. Since this is a high load item you don't want anything else on the circuit with it. In the time it takes to sort out the factory "rat nest" of wiring you could have the job finished.
Yes, that's a valid 'Plan B'. I've made a little progress and found an unused 12V fused branch circuit (in my load center box) with identified associated wiring in my control panel area where I'll install a new rocker switch. Now on to ID the wires that lead from the control panel to the holding tank pad heaters.

Tags
wiring