Old 04-20-2016, 09:56 PM   #31
7 Year Class A RV'er
Flying J is the only one that has the dedicated RV lanes unless they specifically state otherwise. So far as I've seen, the truck lanes only offer diesel and DEF, both on the driver side. They could have a gas lane, just not sure.

2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #32
Who Dares, Wins
Stick to the truck stops when towing. I might pay more possibly, but it avoids the idiots that will crash into you like said above. We mostly have hit the j's as they seem to be spaced according to our fuel needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:00 PM   #33
Site Team
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
Not nearly the problem of maneuvering to the pumps what I find frustrating in South Carolina is that the price you see on the sign is only for cash. If credit card it is much more. These days who really uses cash especially in a gas hog like an RV? This misleading price is not in North Carolina, or Virginia that I can see. Haven't been in other states in the region but at least I see it all the time in SC.
some in NC have 2 prices but typically advertise both. This is true with the truck stops near me.

Originally Posted by The Gisters View Post
We have had an issue finding gas in the past. When hooked up with the TV and TT, we are around 52-53 ft long. With the mentions of Pilot/Flying J on this thread, wanted to ask a question.

Out TV uses gas, not diesel, so we have yet to try and go in to the "truck" lanes. Do they have only diesel or can you get gas there as well? Or, does it have to be stated as RV lanes to have gas? We haven't had the nerve yet to pull in to the truck entrance only to find out it would do us no good.

Thanks for this awesome forum of experts. We are new TT owners (since August), and searching/researching in this forum has been like reading the Bible for rving!!

true truck lanes are diesel only. I have only been in the RV lane once. They had a sign hanging to mark it rv lane. My fiver is tall enough that it scraped my AC. I didn't think about the height as it was the same pavilion the trucks used, I admittedly didn't account for a lower sign vs 13'6" fiver.

Autocorrect mistakes fixed. Sorry.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:56 AM   #34
My old rig was 70' . 36' MH pulling a 34' car trailer. Some times had to back out of places that had poor access. Good news was it was Diesel and could force nozzle in from the truck pumps. Then it was aan esy in, easy out.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #35
Originally Posted by badge2283 View Post
I use Flying J/Pilot as often as possible. It is difficult in the Florida Keys to find gas stations that I can get into with a 37 MH and a Jeep.
I use Pilot/Flying J/Loves and always use the outside pumps and keep a good distance out from them..Sometimes I can just reach the truck...Our unit is a silverado ex cab and a 34' 5er.......never seem to have a major problem...You must be choosy and careful... Height of canopy is my major concern!!!!!

Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote