Old 09-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #1

Aaaaahhhhh!!!!

OK..... Well I may be making a screamin' deal on one of these Wright Flyers... It's the coolest TT I've ever seen. Please talk me out of it. If you're having really bad experiences with your Aviator, I need to know... pronto... PLEASE!

On the other hand, If you think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread... I need to know that, too...

Thanks in advance!

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #2

well I cannot talk you out of it, I have had 5 RV's in the past 4 years and the Aviator is by far the least problematic out of the bunch. There are a few QC issues and a few "why in the hell did they do that" items but overall it is as good as my Airstream and some components exceed the Airstream, which cost a lot more for equal size units. There are a few things that you will need to have addressed before you pick it up, like the LED lights flashing when you turn on the bathroom fan, defect in all of them. An additional cable to the TV for surround sound system to work with TV, check the wood strips under the table, FR likes to use many screws to secure it to the table and the wood splits. and if you get the premium paint, check it carefully for defects. other than that, and believe me these things are minor for a FR product, I cannot talk you out of the purchase. However I see you have an f150 5.0, think you will not be happy towing.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #3

Truck size is a major issue on this deal. I am not going to be able to trade up for some time. I believe I will be better off waiting until after I trade trucks. I will be getting an F-250 oil burner sometime this winter... If someone still has an Aviator WF next summer, I may trade up. According to everything I read, my F-150 probably would pull this trailer, but, as you said, I wouldn't be happy with it. It's about 1,700# more than I'm towing, but probably less in the air-drag department.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #4

there are lots of people towing the Aviators weight with a 1/2 ton truck, if I was not going far I would have no real issue with it, but for highway and mountains you are not going to win any races. I am sure also you will still be able to get good deals on 2013 aviators, jury is out on the 2014 as they are changing many things to bring the price down.