Old 05-01-2016, 11:02 AM   #11
BamaCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
If you don't already have this, here is a pdf of an owners manual for the Wright Flyer.:

http://www.forestriverinc.com/Images...2013Manual.pdf
Thank you so much!

cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #12
itch'n to road trip

Thanks for posting... Very interesting. I love history of any kind.... but RV history is always interesting.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga. -
Nights camped Not Enough 2014: 8 2015: 2
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:03 PM   #13
BamaCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Thanks for posting... Very interesting. I love history of any kind.... but RV history is always interesting.
So glad you found it interesting. Ken has done most of the work. I have made some contacts thru Goshen and try to find as much as I can to help him out. We do love our Aviators. In the beginning it was a love hate relationship. But now that the bugs are worked out we love it. They are very unique and I believe Forest River got ahead of time on this camper. They did a great job designing it. It is literally rot proof. No rubber roof to worry about replacing. That is what attracted us to it. It is a shame they were only made for one year.
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:10 PM   #14

Another page in Aviator history...

Aviator owners, I found something on RV Trader that should make us all happy. There is a Wright-Flyer listed for $51,800. This is more than some sold new! It seems our orphaned sales flops are turning out to be a pretty good investment. The design team's hard work in producing a durable and innovative travel trailer is apparently becoming much more appreciated.

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:28 PM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
I think people are just now recognizing the innovations and upgrades that come standard in the Aviator and seeing the real value. The floor alone sold me! The dinette didn't hurt or the two A/Cs. I could go on, but I'm preaching to the choir here.
There is no way I would turn mine loose for $60,000 with all the solar work, battery bank and inverter system. I'm a happy camper! Everywhere we go, we get compliments and questions. Very few people have ever heard of it or seen one. I've told this story to so many people, I feel like I should print out the original brochure and pass them out.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #16
BamaCamper

That is good news. We are in Hendersonville, NC camping until July 7th. We will be sitting inside and see people stop and admire out Aviator. Some will ask what is it. And like Mije said I feel like to need to get done brochure and pass them out. Everyone says it is the nicest TT they have ever seen. We are enjoying it for sure.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #17

Hi All,

I owned Wright Flyer #1919. Mine had issues too but I have to say Forest River really stood behind the product with pride. They paid me to bring it back to the factory from Florida and have it repaired. It also had a paint peel issue and they repainted my by and outside shop there in Goshen. They did a fantastic paint job and painted it in beige and maroon. What a difference in the way it looked. After I got everything fix and the way I liked it, my wife at the time wanted a class A. What a mistake on several fronts. The 2 class As I have owned since the Aviator have been repair nightmares ever sense! I miss the Ole Aviator! But I have to say stopping for gas was a PITA. It took an hour to get out of the station because of the people talking to you! Still it was a revolutionary unit and I'm sure Airstream is glad it's out of production.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-16-2016, 10:35 PM   #18

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471401293.522815.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	117503

Old 08-16-2016, 10:36 PM   #19

Has anyone ever seen this unit lately?

Old 08-16-2016, 10:51 PM   #20

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
Wrifgt Flyer #1919?

[QUOTE=ToyBoy;1292061]Hi All,

I owned Wright Flyer #1919. Mine had issues too but I have to say Forest River really stood behind the product with pride. They paid me to bring it back to the factory from Florida and have it repaired. It also had a paint peel issue and they repainted my by and outside shop there in Goshen. They did a fantastic paint job and painted it in beige and maroon. What a difference in the way it looked. After I got everything fix and the way I liked it, my wife at the time wanted a class A. What a mistake on several fronts. The 2 class As I have owned since the Aviator have been repair nightmares ever sense! I miss the Ole Aviator! But I have to say stopping for gas was a PITA. It took an hour to get out of the station because of the people talking to you! Still it was a revolutionary unit and I'm sure Airstream is glad it's out of production.

You might want to check that unit # again or we both have a unit with the same #1919

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote