Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #41

Sure enough. It's absolutely a prototype. Never noticed that bathroom window. In addition to the yin-yang table and trapezoid front windows, the fridge and Sony TVs are slightly different as well. We'll assume the couch was replaced at some point. I guess there could potentially be up to five prototypes (1001 - 1005). That's a good looking unit.
saltsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #42

It's currently for sale in Orange Park, Florida. It's the pre production model used for the RV shows.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...yer-5004487718
Razzzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:54 PM   #43

Aviator Wright Flyer Serial Number

We have a 2013 Classic paint Wright Flyer. Husband had a severe accident and we rarely used it (not at all for over a year) and are having to sell it. How do I find the serial or model number? Also, if anyone knows someone who has been looking for one, here it is!
2Cajuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:24 PM   #44

We just bought #1903, the one in Orange Park. We have been looking for two years and decided this was the one. I believe this was the first one built and taken to RV shows pre production.
busguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:42 PM   #45

Welcome to the Aviator family Busguy! You could have the first Wright-Flyer ever built. 1903 is the earliest serial number I have seen. The Aviator is unique but our owners group have them pretty well figured out and can answer almost any questions you may have.

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #46

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out which WDH to use so there is no interference with the front hatch/hood.
busguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:29 AM   #47

New to us

My wife Robbie and I bought an Aviator Electra this summer. The last four digits of the serial # are 1938. We have been fixing it up a little bit and will be embarking on a 10 thousand mile trip. So far we love the trailer. And are excited to get on the road. I think we are ready to go except to repack the wheel bearings and give it a good cleaning.

We will be leaving from Naples FL to MN. See family and friends in MN, then off to WY, ID, MT, SD, and back to MN. around 10-1. Another week in MN then back on the road to FL. Plans are to drive about 300 miles per day with every fourth-day sight seeing taking care of maintenance items.

I do have one question though. How many of our travel trailers are still on the road?
SpiderD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:59 AM   #48

I’d assume most are still on the road. While there is upkeep, most of the structural components (frame, roof, walls) are still as good as they were new. Having the solid fiberglass roof and composite elements keeps any water damage at bay — which is what kills most trailers. We love having a trailer with no wood at all. It is a unicorn that was overbuilt with state of the art materials at the time. Still nothing like it on the road.

If you are handy with electrical work, I’d recommend swapping the microwave outlet to a residential plug. The convection oven, if used, will pull more amps than the RV plug can safely handle. Ours was melted and burned from too much current. We went ahead and changed out almost all of the plugs since we plan on keeping it forever.

Sounds like you have an amazing trip ahead of you. Enjoy it!
Old 08-08-2021, 10:30 PM   #49

Welcome to the Aviator owner group! We can probably answer any question you may have. Like Saltsman said they are built to last. I was camping last week and somebody asked if my trailer was new even though it was built in 2012. We live in SE Minnesota and have an RV parking spot so if get in the Hastings area, feel free to visit!

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 08-09-2021, 06:36 PM   #50

Ken I was born and raised about 4 or 5 miles north of lock and dam #2 in Hastings. A place called Grey Cloud Island. We lived in the TC’s until 5 years ago. Naples Florida is now our home.
I’m getting the Avaitor ready to go North. Have to buy a extra spare tire, repack the wheel bearings and replace the electric tongue jack. We are looking forward to the trip.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:58 PM   #51

I know right where Grey Cloud island is. We are a few miles south of Hastings just west of 61. Send me a PM if you would like a place to park your Aviator for the night. I have water and electric hook up. Have a great trip!

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 08-12-2021, 04:53 PM   #52

Busy week new toilet installed in the Aviator. Handi-cap height. 4 new tires and two new spare tires 10 ply. New handi-cap toilet, new bathroom sink Facuet, new shower wand. Repaired fans in bath and bedroom. Removed all wheel bearings, cleaned and repacked. Installed TPMS system. Replaced Tounge jack.
Anything else I Need to do before we leave on 8-18. Doing all this in 95 degree heat and 80 % humidity. Work for a 1/2 hour and rest in ac for a 1/2 hour.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:55 AM   #53

That's quite the list! Only thing I can think to add is the basic stuff like propane in the tanks and steaks in the fridge.

The propane detector is old enough it may need to be replaced. Batteries in the smoke detectors for the same reason. Inspect the electrical plug where the microwave/convection oven plugs in - ours was burned and overheated. We always spray some lubricant on the slide parts to keep everything in working order.

Enjoy the trip!
Old 08-13-2021, 11:09 AM   #54

Smoke detector has new battiers, never thought about propane detector. Thanks I’ll look into it. The microwave outlet looks to be in good condition. I plan on changing it after you mentioned it in your first post.
The next few days will be used to get the house ready for hurricane season. Never know if we will get big blow while we are gone. Oh by the way, the steaks looked so good I already ate them��
Old 08-13-2021, 11:17 AM   #55

Here's what ours looked like.