Old 04-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #161

My Aviator Wright Flyer had a second A/C [bedroom] installed at the dealer. The styrafoam insulation made it difficult, but not impossible. All controls are ON the unit and not on the wall where the vent/fan control was. That slab styrofoam is hard to "fetch" wires through, but works great as insulation. Haven't used 2nd A/C since we bought the unit.

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #162

I am posting this photos on behalf of Blackhat6mike. He has done a lot of work solarizing his Aviator. Very well done.

He also had some tire issues so keep an eye on yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eddies av 1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	72940   Click image for larger version

Name:	eddies av 2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	72941   Click image for larger version

Name:	eddies av 3.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	72942   Click image for larger version

Name:	eddies av 4.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	72943   Click image for larger version

Name:	eddies av tire blowout.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	72944  

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:07 PM   #163
BamaCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
My Aviator Wright Flyer had a second A/C [bedroom] installed at the dealer. The styrafoam insulation made it difficult, but not impossible. All controls are ON the unit and not on the wall where the vent/fan control was. That slab styrofoam is hard to "fetch" wires through, but works great as insulation. Haven't used 2nd A/C since we bought the unit.
We will have to find another dealer to try it then. How long have you had your unit. We are concerned with our tires. Did you put some miles on yours before this happened. We were thinking about upgrading our tires before going to Goshen. Great job on the Solar panels.
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:26 PM   #164

We had about 3,000 miles on the tires before they blew out. No bumps, curbs or low inflation or overweight, just crappy tires. JUNK!
We have had our Aviator for a year and a half and are truly in love with it. I've gone full solar as the pix show, but getting there took time as I ran into two bad transfer switches and a bad inverter from the git go. Got everything online and haven't looked back since. Still looking into a 5th bat, but that is down the road. The Aviator is already tongue heavy.
OBTW, I think you will find Renogy a great company to do business with. They were a super help in putting together my system even helping with components they didn't make [auto transfer switch and inverter].
Also, we moved up to E rated tires.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #165

What tires did you go with? Mine have been ok so far but I would like to upgrade at some point. Also noticed your roof is white. Mine is silver like the top of the sidewalls. Just another of the little differences I've noticed like having 2 or 3 front hood latches or having 1 or 2 latches on the outside baggage doors. The wright-flyer is definitely tongue heavy. I may have to upgrade my hitch as it rated for 1200# tongue but the WF is over 1500 with a tank of fresh water.

2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 04-07-2015, 08:40 AM   #166
BamaCamper

We are going to have to upgrade out tires. Just looking forward to getting it back thursday.
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #167

Hi everyone! It's official the Aviator arrived last night from Alabama and we could n't be happier )))

I have another question: What is the proper way to raise the dining table and lock into place. After much trial and error I finally got it to work but to be perfectly honest... I don't know what I did!

Melissa
Old 04-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #168
Rivnut

Table

Melissa;
Our is an Electra, not sure about yours. Our table raises by putting a foot on the floor leg, grab the table top and swing from the side up. Stumped me too at first, but the wife figured it out. Store folded upside down on the couch, strapped in by the hidden straps found behind the cushins. When I got mine the table was floppin around on the inside causing them to replace the fridge door. Be careful about that darn water filter. read the postings, replace it or just remove it, or use a bar under it to remove and install, strange threads on the filter head.
regards
Charlie and Gail
Old 04-07-2015, 04:11 PM   #169

Hi Charlie and Gail, we have the Wright FLyer and it has this big round table with hydraulic lift, it sounds as if yours may work differently but thank-you for the answer anyways! It appears our water filter was already removed, found it in a drawer
Old 04-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtosurf View Post
Hi everyone! It's official the Aviator arrived last night from Alabama and we could n't be happier )))

I have another question: What is the proper way to raise the dining table and lock into place. After much trial and error I finally got it to work but to be perfectly honest... I don't know what I did!

Melissa
Congratulations on getting it home! As far as your table goes, sliding the handle to the left pulls a pin that lets the table lower or raise. I added a bracket to guide the handle and replaced the 2x2 supports with 2x6s for added stability when used as a table. I also added legs that lower when used as a bed (see picture) Once raised be sure to push down on the table to make sure it is locked in place. Travel with the table lowered. Feel free to ask any questions. We as a group have learned a lot about how the Aviator was put together and how everything operates, quirks and all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	av table.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	73480  

2012 Ram 2500HD CTD