Old 04-07-2015, 10:24 PM   #171
BamaCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtosurf View Post
Hi everyone! It's official the Aviator arrived last night from Alabama and we could n't be happier )))

I have another question: What is the proper way to raise the dining table and lock into place. After much trial and error I finally got it to work but to be perfectly honest... I don't know what I did!

Melissa
Melissa,
So glad you received the Wright Flyer. It is a great TT. Yes KenHwy is correct on how to lower and raise the table. And also do not travel with the table up. It would not be a good result. We will as well do the 2X6 supports under the table. KenHwy will be a great person to ask questions. He knows this camper very well.
Good Luck!

cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:26 PM   #172

Thanks for the vote of confidence Carol. I learned so much because I had so much to fix! Really great trailers once the bugs are worked out. I am very happy with mine and enjoy making improvements. Just put a Sleep Number bed in.
Blackhat6mike probably knows the Aviator electrical system better than anyone from putting in his solar system. Sharing any problems here before taking it to the dealer may save a lot of time and money.

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #173
BamaCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
Thanks for the vote of confidence Carol. I learned so much because I had so much to fix! Really great trailers once the bugs are worked out. I am very happy with mine and enjoy making improvements. Just put a Sleep Number bed in.
Blackhat6mike probably knows the Aviator electrical system better than anyone from putting in his solar system. Sharing any problems here before taking it to the dealer may save a lot of time and money.
Your welcome Kenhwy61! We are talking about replacing our mattress as well. Only slept on it a few times and it has two really big sunk in places. feel like i am laying on a hump back camel. We feel like we have to hang on to the edge of the bed to keep from rolling. LOL Yes it is a wonderful camper. Looking forward to getting it back tomorrow.

cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:00 AM   #174

I would be excited to get mine back too. I spend a lot of time in ours even at when not camping. I am going to miss it when we leave it at a seasonal spot on Lake Superior July-September. Our factory mattress was better than any other camper we have owned, but as you experienced, RV beds aren't always the most comfortable especially when the bones aren't as tolerant as they used to be. Our friends bought a new Sleep Number with all the bells and whistles ($6000.00 if you can believe that) and gave us their old perfect condition bed for free. Couldn't pass that up!

2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 04-09-2015, 08:42 PM   #175

Just finished adding light and shelving to the bedroom closets. Super easy to add the lights, just tie the wires into the adjacent reading lamps. I also bought RV hangers that won't bounce off the rod and leave your clothes laying in a pile. Also added lighting to the big curved cabinet over the sink. Next is the sink base cabinet!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Av closet.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	73666  

2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 04-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #176

Question... First time RV owner and it is time to wash it. How do yall go about getting it washed? Camping World here is charging $200 which seems kinda expensive ..

Thanks!

2013 Aviator Electra
2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
and a chihuahua named Daisy
Old 04-12-2015, 02:53 PM   #177

Unit Washed.

I go to the wash at a truckstop. They charge me $55 to wash and liquid wax and that includes the TV.
IMHO Camping World is the highest priced place on earth for anything. Most anything you find at CW, you can get from Amazon for way less.....except a wash job. lol
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:05 AM   #178

Thanks Mike!

I felt it was excessive. I will check them out!!

2013 Aviator Electra
2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
and a chihuahua named Daisy
Old 05-06-2015, 11:43 PM   #179

SharkGirl, it was $250 to wash it! That's insane!! We need to do like Mike said and find a truck wash station. Wonder if Mike gets his washed at exit29?
Old 05-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naviator View Post
SharkGirl, it was $250 to wash it! That's insane!! We need to do like Mike said and find a truck wash station. Wonder if Mike gets his washed at exit29?
It's exit #29 off I-95. Go east on #17 about a 1/4 mile and you will see it. There are Love's, TA and Pilot/flying J truck stops at that intrsection. The truck wash is behind the Loves truck stop on the east side of I-95. Big letters on the side of the building TRUCK WASH. Last time I was there, it cost $55 to wash both the TV and TT and $65 if you wanted RainX wax added in.

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote