Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2016, 12:58 PM   #261
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
In NJ but what are they listed under in RVTrader? I looked under FR and did see any?

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
click on Travel trailer

Type in under make: Forest River

Model: Aviator

Three will pull up. One like mine the custom paint wright flyer 34ft, a white one they call the mutt from spare parts 29 ft I believe, and the electra which is gray touring edition 29ft.
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:15 PM   #262

Here are the "REAL NUMBERS" on our setup as we head out to FL. I'm well within all the parameters of TV and TT even with the 50 gallon aux tank full and an 80 outboard motor in the bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2255.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	451.4 KB
ID:	100648   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2240.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	100649  
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #263
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
Here are the "REAL NUMBERS" on our setup as we head out to FL. I'm well within all the parameters of TV and TT even with the 50 gallon aux tank full and an 80 outboard motor in the bed.
What part of FL are you going? Let me know of some campgrounds. Since we are moving back we plan on doing more camping now that our TT is all ready to go.
That is good to know on your numbers.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:41 PM   #264

Well, it looks like our trip will be delayed if not called off altogether. My son-in-law ran off the road in his truck while dodging a deer and crashed into a group of trees. He is in a coma at Shans Hospital in Jax Fl with not a lot of hope for recovery. If he does, he will have severe brain damage and years of rehab. His O2 count was 30% when they got him to the hospital and have no idea how long he had been that low as the wreck was on a road that is little travelled and it was late at night. My daughter is a total mess. Pray.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:53 PM   #265
cjearle

Quote:
Well, it looks like our trip will be delayed if not called off altogether. My son-in-law ran off the road in his truck while dodging a deer and crashed into a group of trees. He is in a coma at Shans Hospital in Jax Fl with not a lot of hope for recovery. If he does, he will have severe brain damage and years of rehab. His O2 count was 30% when they got him to the hospital and have no idea how long he had been that low as the wreck was on a road that is little travelled and it was late at night. My daughter is a total mess. Pray.
Oh my! Will definitely send prayers for your family. Keep us updated when you can! Prayers for sure.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #266

I'm really sorry to hear that Eddie. We will keep your family in our prayers.

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:25 PM   #267
cjearle

Okay my Aviator friends. The third annual Bamaganza Rally is Oct 5th thru Oct 9th. Will be held at Noccolula Falls state park in Gadsden, AL. You can call them and register now. Just tell them you are Reg for FROG Rally in Oct. so far there is me and one other Electra register . We are at sites A-36 A 37. We would love more Aviators to be there. Hope to see you there. They are expecting 100 a full capacity for the state park.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:10 PM   #268

Bamaganza Frog Rally

I will call tomorrow and make reservations. Hopefully, we can get a site near you guys. This is a good time of the year for us to get away.
Does anyone know if there is a river or lake near the CG? I will bring my 11' RIB if so.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:34 AM   #269
cjearle

Quote:
I will call tomorrow and make reservations. Hopefully, we can get a site near you guys. This is a good time of the year for us to get away.
Does anyone know if there is a river or lake near the CG? I will bring my 11' RIB if so.
I know there are water falls. We are checking in March 4th and checking out March 9th. You can go as early as you like but told shortly after our rally is a big tractor pull event and we have to vacate. There is also a fair going on while we are there. If you get registered go to the Bamaganza site search bamaganza and fill out the registration form for him and let him know what site you are in. Some are staying a few days later as well. Hope you can make it. Tell them you want close to A-36&37 to keep the Aviators together . As of yesterday there were plenty of sites left.
Would love to meet you and see what all you have done.
How is your son in law doing? Hope all is well!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:38 AM   #270
cjearle

In Shipshawana, IN snowed in. Will wait till tomorrow before driving our Aviator home. Going at Lunch to check it out and do a walk thru. Hope that everything is repaired. So excited to get it back. Thank you Forest River for taking good care of us!
Old 03-03-2016, 11:28 PM   #271

My son-in-law is still in a coma. Nothing good to tell. If he survives, he will go to the Shepard Center in Atlanta for rehab. However, that is a long ways off. Right now, it would be a God Send if he just opened his eyes.
BTW, I did a Google Earth look at the CG in question. Not pretty! I hope it's better than what it looks like.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #272
cjearle

Quote:
My son-in-law is still in a coma. Nothing good to tell. If he survives, he will go to the Shepard Center in Atlanta for rehab. However, that is a long ways off. Right now, it would be a God Send if he just opened his eyes.
BTW, I did a Google Earth look at the CG in question. Not pretty! I hope it's better than what it looks like.
We heard it was nice . Rally there last year we missed that one! But they liked it well enough I guess since they booked it again. Did you register?

We will continue to pray for your son in law. So sorry y'all are having to go thru this. It is tough for the love ones. Pray for a speedy recover . Hope your daughter is hangin in there as well.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #273

Didn't get a chance to call for reservations today as I spent it traveling back and forth to the hospital in Jax, FL. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #274
cjearle

Quote:
Didn't get a chance to call for reservations today as I spent it traveling back and forth to the hospital in Jax, FL. Maybe tomorrow.
Praying your son in law is recovering well. Pray for a speedy recovery and for your family. God bless you all.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #275

Hoping your son-in-law is doing better

I just saw the post Eddie, so so sorry to read about the accident. Your son-in-law will be in my thoughts and I will send all the good thoughts I can. Hoping your daughter is able to get through this horrible time ok.
snowtosurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:16 PM   #276
cjearle

Quote:
Eddie,

Hope all is well with your family. You and your family have been on our minds. Still praying y'all!

God Bless You All!
Old 10-10-2019, 07:14 PM   #277

I purchased Electra #1965
In March.
The unit had a few issues that were corrected with a little bit of time, went through the water lines and got the water filter going, replaced slide topper and outer seals.
I do like the unit, we have been out a few times so far, the unit is an attention getter, as you all know.
This forum had a great deal of useful information that helped me to purchase this unit, thanks to all who contribute.

Towing with 18 Ram 2500 6.7 mega cab
Gen Y hitch.
Anddry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:41 AM   #278

Anddry, welcome to the forum and our Aviator group. Enjoy your Electra!

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:57 PM   #279
Rivnut

Head count

Just finished two trips, one to State College PA, no fish. Straight thru West VA, and quit a sight. Then a friend sent picture of Brown Trout in Dillon MT, so saddled up solo and headed out. Blew one tire. Heat was awful going out. No fish as just after getting license, wife called 5 Oct and said Surprise early snow storm 50 miles North. Onboard CB/weatherNOAA confirmed that and second one on the way. A guy just can't beat the weather. So hitched up and headed home. Stopped at Frontier woman store in Pawhuska (buried in Grasslands and oil wells) and arrow rock,MO. I just love the travel, fish come second. Did enjoy my TST Tire minders as they give me peace of mind about my MAXXIS tires. Just put two new ones on and added metal stems. Balanced keeps them from cupping. Looking forward to Spring already. ID and UTAH were an interesting scenery.
Anyone know the numbers on the 3M tape to seal up the underbelly panel?
Just finished replacements before trip an electrical accident, micro,fireplace,doorlock and Radio.//but someone at every reststop wants to buy the Electra. ser#1972...
Rivnut
Charlie in Tennessee
Prayers for BlackHatMike's son
Rivnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:17 PM   #280

I also just took my WF out for two weeks. First week to Huntington Beach State Park in SC. Weather was nice and water still warm. Caught a night BlackTip shark about 5ft. Then caravan'd with a bunch of tear drops to Tybee Island in Savannah GA. People still oooh and ahhhh over the Aviator and ask if its brand new. Even the AS people ask about it and want to see it up close. I enjoy the comments when pulling it thru the park to my spot lol. To this day, still nothing comes close to these Aviators.
Naviator is offline   Reply With Quote