Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #81
Rivnut

Definitely tell them at registration time(march) we want an Aviator section, and not near the railroad track. You might have issues left over to ask for warranty work at the sign in. I have done the Lake superior trip(by my self fishing) maybe the DW will go if you are going. Lets plan it when we get together, soon.
rivnut.
Rivnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:28 PM   #82

If anyone does come up to Lake Superior, let me know. We will be on the Minnesota north shore at the end of August but enjoy all parts of the big lake and would like to meet fellow Aviators! The U.P. of Michigan has a lot of scenic shoreline as well. The RV park in Grand Marais, MN is the best full service lake Superior park we have been at. It is right on the lake and on the edge of town. Once you park your rig you can walk everywhere you need to go. Lots of shops and restaurants and plenty to do and see.

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:10 AM   #83
cjearle

All this sounds great. I have had camping fever with this great weather we have been having. Hope to get it back real soon.
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:40 PM   #84

2013 Forest River Aviator Wright Flyer owner

I still have my Aviator and love it.
rmtaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:15 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmtaya View Post
Glad to hear from you! I have added you to the list. Now only 62 more owners to be found

CJeale2 Alabama
Blackhat6Mike Georgia
LorettaYoung Texas
Dshome Texas
Naviator South Carolina
Kenhwy61 Minnesota
Rivnut Tennessee
Rmtaya Utah

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 01-30-2015, 11:38 PM   #86
cjearle

Quote:
Yah! another aviator owner. Where do you live and what areas do you usually camp?
Old 01-30-2015, 11:43 PM   #87
cjearle

Wow! That is 8 Aviator owners. That is a start. Now to find the other 62!
Old 01-31-2015, 01:28 AM   #88

We use to live at San Antonio, Texas. I bought my Aviator at Cleburne, Texas Funtown RV. We moved to Saint George, Utah for family reason. We used to camp all over Texas. We are planning to camp hopefully at Fort Wilderness Disney in Florida or may be go to the emerald coast at Destin Florida will see what happen.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:01 PM   #89
cjearle

Quote:
We use to live at San Antonio, Texas. I bought my Aviator at Cleburne, Texas Funtown RV. We moved to Saint George, Utah for family reason. We used to camp all over Texas. We are planning to camp hopefully at Fort Wilderness Disney in Florida or may be go to the emerald coast at Destin Florida will see what happen.
Awe! So your the one that bought it before I got there! We were looking at it and waiting on my husband to get back in the country, so we could go look at it. That is when they informed me it was sold.
Luck you. So we kept looking and found ours in Oregon. We also want to go to Fort wilderness in Orlando and find a beach front camp ground around Destine. I love Destin, Fl. Does yours have two AC? Looks like it from the pics. Ours has one. Thinking we may have a second added. Have not camped in it yet during the hottest part of summer. Just bought ours in August and pulled it across the north west Territory. Breath taking scenery! Then it has been in the shop ever since. Hoping to get it back real soon.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:04 PM   #90
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshome View Post
Thanks Kenhwy61,
I have made a few upgrades and repairs and will do more. So far added a new "oversized" tube to accommodate a rhino flex hose from this place- Sanitubes / Sewer Hose Carriers / NEW!! SUPER-SLIDER Adjustable SUPER-TUBE - DW Inc. had to move the bracket mounts further apart and cut off about 4 inches from the 3" abs sewer outlet. Works well.

Will also add more led lights to the cabinet, pantry and closet areas.

Also have plans to do something with the ridiculous blousy curtain upfront.

Happy trails,
David
Curious if you found a solution to the curtain front?
Old 01-31-2015, 08:18 PM   #91
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
Glad to hear from you! I have added you to the list. Now only 62 more owners to be found

CJeale2 Alabama
Blackhat6Mike Georgia
LorettaYoung Texas
Dshome Texas
Naviator South Carolina
Kenhwy61 Minnesota
Rivnut Tennessee
Rmtaya Utah
Two more to add to the list:
obyz21-South Carolina
alkemy-SouthCarolina I believe are both Electra owners. Now 60 more to go.

Cheers,
Old 01-31-2015, 08:21 PM   #92
cjearle

Quote:
Thank you. I am really only trying to correct all the manufacturing mistakes and improve the trailer's reliability. It is no fun trying to fix all this stuff at a campground, or worse, being forced to take it to some dealer and wasting your vacation time with the hope they will actually fix the problem. The lights are a great addition. They took about an hour to wire and install. I think I'm going to add them to the bedroom closets as well. They came from Amazon: Gold Stars F3528001 LED RV Dome Light $8.95
Have to find out how you wired it. Get my husband to instal them in ours. I have been looking at tin Tiles to go around my stove area. Looking for 6"x6" tins. Want to also make new curtains for the front window. Don't really care for the ones that came wight he trailer.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:31 PM   #93

Yup that was me that bought it hahaha, sorry. I could not pass it up at the time I taught it was a good price, no regrets. I only have minor problems like loose screws other than that no problems at all. We really love our aviator always get looks anywhere we go, I'm sure yo do too. I read about what your going through with your trailer I hope it all get fix and get you back camping. We did add another AC from Camping World New Braunsfels trust me you need another one specially in the hot summer months, I got that idea from talking to some owner of the aviator from florida. I'm retired military so we usually camp on the base its safe and inexpensive to stay.

Aviator WF 1906
2013 Ram 3500 dually
Old 01-31-2015, 11:07 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjearle2 View Post
Have to find out how you wired it. Get my husband to instal them in ours. I have been looking at tin Tiles to go around my stove area. Looking for 6"x6" tins. Want to also make new curtains for the front window. Don't really care for the ones that came wight he trailer.
CJeale2 Alabama
Blackhat6Mike Georgia
LorettaYoung Texas
Dshome Texas
Naviator South Carolina
Kenhwy61 Minnesota
Rivnut Tennessee
Rmtaya Utah
Obyz21-South Carolina
Alkemy-South Carolina
Sharkgirl South Carolina
Now 59 more to go

The led lights are really pretty easy to install. All the lights that come with the Aviator are 12vdc so as long as you buy lights that are the same voltage
you can just hook them the same 12v wiring. I agree the curtains are not the greatest but I rarely close them anyway. It was good to hear Rmtaya had no problems with his trailer. His is the earliest serial number I have seen yet.

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 01-31-2015, 11:44 PM   #95
cjearle

Quote:
CJeale2 Alabama
Blackhat6Mike Georgia
LorettaYoung Texas
Dshome Texas
Naviator South Carolina
Kenhwy61 Minnesota
Rivnut Tennessee
Rmtaya Utah
Obyz21-South Carolina
Alkemy-South Carolina
Sharkgirl South Carolina
Now 59 more to go

The led lights are really pretty easy to install. All the lights that come with the Aviator are 12vdc so as long as you buy lights that are the same voltage
you can just hook them the same 12v wiring. I agree the curtains are not the greatest but I rarely close them anyway. It was good to hear Rmtaya had no problems with his trailer. His is the earliest serial number I have seen yet.
You found another one! Great and wow 4 of them in South Carolina! I contacted Alkemy and they would love to meet up for a camp trip. We are on a roll!
Old 02-01-2015, 12:05 AM   #96
cjearle

Quote:
Yup that was me that bought it hahaha, sorry. I could not pass it up at the time I taught it was a good price, no regrets. I only have minor problems like loose screws other than that no problems at all. We really love our aviator always get looks anywhere we go, I'm sure yo do too. I read about what your going through with your trailer I hope it all get fix and get you back camping. We did add another AC from Camping World New Braunsfels trust me you need another one specially in the hot summer months, I got that idea from talking to some owner of the aviator from florida. I'm retired military so we usually camp on the base its safe and inexpensive to stay.

Aviator WF 1906
2013 Ram 3500 dually
My Aviator is 1912! We do love it. We have had a lot of things replaced being of not working! We will look into that for sure! Well we just took to long to get to Texas. Glad you got it. We bought ours at a good price as well. looks like they may hold the value. People are looking them now. RvTrader has two for more than we paid. Yes we do get some looks every where we go.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:05 AM   #97

Yes I hope it does hold its value but regardless were keeping ours for a while our kids are only 7 and 1 years old so it's just right for us.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:14 AM   #98

I am still here. Been busy as always. Need to check in here more often as a lot of posts have occurred since I was here last. Guess I have been lucky so far. Have not had any major problems with my electra and no water leaks. Looking forward to meeting all of you someday soon at a camp meet.
obyz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #99
cjearle

Alabama Frogs is having a Bamaganza October 15-19. Let's try to have a group of us Aviator Owners there. If you are interested contact HSVBAMABOB on the Alabama Frog forum. Give him your email information and trailer info. Registration starts July1 at the camp ground. First come first serve. Would love to have more Aviators there. All the information will be on that forum.

Carol
Old 02-01-2015, 11:11 AM   #100
cjearle

At the Noccolula In ALABAMA. Again registration opens July1. for the October Bamaganza. Hope to see ya there.