Old 11-19-2014, 08:33 AM   #51

As was already said by David, fixing a kink or even replacing the flush valve shouldn't require the removal of the entire tank. They will have to open the underbelly but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have cut mine open in multiple places to inspect and repair things. Just make sure that they reseal the opening appropriately. I think once all the initial bugs are worked out you will have a reliable and long-lasting camper. So hang in there!

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #52

I was looking at those inspection cameras on Amazon. You really can peek just about anywhere and I had no idea they were so cheap now. They have some for under $20. It looks like it just plugs in to a laptop. I might have to put one on my Christmas wishlist!

2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 12-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #53

Ok picked up aviator and they said leak was fixed. Went to Dallas and left it for two days, came back the whole trailer was flooded. The repair place said they could not find any leak. It's the weirdest thing. It leaks intermittently. This time it was bad. Flooded the carpet and ran up the sofa. I called repair place but they are 10 hours from where my trailer is. Called coach net and they said if I used a mobile service it would void my warranty. Called forest river and got the usual voice mail. I'm headed back to Dallas which is where my trailer is in one week for holidays and will not be able to use it. I am fed up with not being able to talk to a human at forest river. FOREST RIVER I will never buy another one of your products again. Considering lemon law.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #54
BamaCamper

So sorry you are going thru this. Were you able to get in touch with Susan at forest river? We are having major issues as well. I called the dealer in Oregon told them I was ready to start Arbitration!
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjearle2 View Post
So sorry you are going thru this. Were you able to get in touch with Susan at forest river? We are having major issues as well. I called the dealer in Oregon told them I was ready to start Arbitration!
It's my understanding that in these situations, that as soon as you mention taking legal action that they will stop working with you to protect themselves from any further action. The best thing is to not say anything to them about legal stuff and just go ahead and file suit and surprise them with the consequences. A mere threat will get you no where and just make things worse.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #56
BamaCamper

It is in my contract to go thru Arbitration first. Then if it can not be worked out we go further. We are trying to work with the dealership. In our findings we are discovering this was a Demo unit that forest river took on the road. That is explaining all the wear and tear that is showing up. So we thought we bought a brand new unit but it appears it was demo unit.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #57

Susan at FR never answers the phone lol
Naviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettayoung1954 View Post
Ok picked up aviator and they said leak was fixed. Went to Dallas and left it for two days, came back the whole trailer was flooded. The repair place said they could not find any leak. It's the weirdest thing. It leaks intermittently. This time it was bad. Flooded the carpet and ran up the sofa. I called repair place but they are 10 hours from where my trailer is. Called coach net and they said if I used a mobile service it would void my warranty. Called forest river and got the usual voice mail. I'm headed back to Dallas which is where my trailer is in one week for holidays and will not be able to use it. I am fed up with not being able to talk to a human at forest river. FOREST RIVER I will never buy another one of your products again. Considering lemon law.
Loretta, check out the link below. I can almost guarantee your leak is coming from behind the docking station and running out from the bathroom and into the livingroom. The problem is using pex fittings on braided hose. This is an industry wide practice. It seems no actual Pex to braided fittings exists so to make the transition the correct way would require 3 fittings: a pex- mpt, a barbed- mpt and a threaded union in the middle. This takes too long for them to assemble so the industry just hopes the pex to braided fitting doesn't leak. I eliminated all those fittings by removing the winterizing system entirely and instead just use compressed air to winterize.

RW38RL Slide in slide water/clothes washer leak fix - Redwood RV Owners Community

2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 12-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #59
Rivnut

head count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivnut View Post
cjearle;
Hang in there! Mine is in the factory now with structure problem, and few items the dealer would not do, At factory They give me a good feeling I will be satisfied. Met several other FR owners and they say all our problems will be addressed. If problems last, the rally in August is good time they will make it good.
more info when I get it back.
Floor needed a support angle and stuffing pushed back to support the floor. good to go.
Got all fixed and will check it out good going to FLA Dec 9th, Did develop a water leak at slide corner, think I got it fixed or will. Will be under the Corona palm trees.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #60
BamaCamper

Yah! Have fun. Mine still in the shop!!!