Old 11-06-2014, 12:55 PM   #1

Aviator Servicing

Ok I am frustrated with forest river. Took my aviator for warranty work and the repair place says forest river will not reply about lowering the under cover to find out why my kitchen has no water. Been in there 3 weeks. Hope I don't have to get forceful and go to the next level. The repair place is frustrated also. Not real happy with forest river. Anybody have contacts at higher level so I can get results. Ridiculous been in shop more than on road.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettayoung1954 View Post
Ok I am frustrated with forest river. Took my aviator for warranty work and the repair place says forest river will not reply about lowering the under cover to find out why my kitchen has no water. Been in there 3 weeks. Hope I don't have to get forceful and go to the next level. The repair place is frustrated also. Not real happy with forest river. Anybody have contacts at higher level so I can get results. Ridiculous been in shop more than on road.
Here is the list of Div. Phone #'s for you to get help. look for your units division the call the admin of warranty shown
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation (1) (3).pdf (46.2 KB, 28 views)

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #3

Loretta, it is too bad you are having so much trouble getting this resolved. I can just about promise you the problem is very simple and I can't see any reason why an issue like that is not fixed very quickly. It has to be either something is stopping the water flow like a kinked or plugged water line or the faucet is faulty. Even opening up underneath is not hard even though most of the troubleshooting could be done from inside the camper. Next time you have a problem I would ask about it here first and see if can be fixed by yourself or a friendly handyman. I had a long list of things I wanted the dealer to look at but they said they couldn't see it for six weeks! Service after the sale seems to be a mostly forgotten concept.

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #4

They called me back today and said forest river gave them the ok to remove the under belly to look for obstruction. Service dept had already cleared the faucet as an issue. I told them to check those fittings you talked about in one of your posts. I have a trip planned the 13 th. Hope it's done by then. The repair place is awesome. They are trying. Susan from forest river finally gave them permission today. Will see. I will let you all know. The other issue is my trailer cord keeps coming loose because it is too short. Forest river said too bad. I have been pulled over 2 times due to no trailer lights. Each time it has been because it came unplugged. Repair place said they would make me an extension. Seems weird that I would have the only trailer that the cord didn't reach. I wonder if they gave me a pieced short cord.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
Site Team

I hate to say it but more likely the issue is your dealer. I have seen this issue many times, dealer claims they are waiting on manufacturer. Typically, you will suddenly see action on your trailer after bugging them about it, usually after bugging them more than once. Other thing you might see is dealer claims delay us manufacturer, a call to manufacturer reveals dealer never contacted manufacturer. This is way too common. I have to say for the most part both my current dealer and forest river have been very responsive to me. Go up the food chain if they delay you again.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:11 PM   #6

I'm glad you are finally getting somewhere. I read elsewhere on this forum dealers often drag their feet doing warranty work because it isn't profitable. The cord being too short is unusual but they do make extension cords for your plug. That would be an easy solution to your problem.

2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 11-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #7
BamaCamper

I just found out today my dealer has to drop the under belly. My black water tank wash is not working. It acts clogged. Tried to blow air down to see if clears. So dealer waiting to hear from forest River!
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #8

I hope they get that fixed. It is a very nice feature to have! Mine is going into the pole barn tomorrow. Highs in the 20s next week. Winter is here

2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 11-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #9
BamaCamper

Do you live up North?
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #10

We live in Minnesota and hope some day to spend at least some of the winter somewhere else!

2012 Ram 2500HD CTD