Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #1

Aviator TT

How many orded a new (Aviator) travel trailer? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #2

Cool looking rig. Sounds like FR is trying to enter the composite market with Earthbound. Bet the price tag will be similar too!
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #3

Looking forward to seeing the floorplans; specs; features; etc. Any links to those?

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
camping

did you go to the show?

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieadie View Post
Looking forward to seeing the floorplans; specs; features; etc. Any links to those?

I'm anxious to see these as well! Doesn't seem like anything else is out there right now other than the press release
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieadie View Post
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aviat...14?ref=tn_tnmn

Forest River Page: www.forestriverinc.com/aviator

More "detailed info" on FB at this point. But I'm sure the FR site will be soon!
AllAboutTheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #7

Here's the site link:

Aviator Travel Trailers by Forest River

REALLY, really cool!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Unaffordable for most of us; and possibly not a great value for the rest . .
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #9

I found these today and immediately wanted one. Pricey! However, I spent about an hour reading and I'm less impressed. I primarily bought my TT so I can do other things. Unfortunately, I am spending too much time working on it, and not enough time doing what I really want. There is talk on another thread that the price will come down, but the quality inside will not be as good. I am even less impressed if they do that. I just wish someone would build something I could have and not work on all the time with things like drains that actually drain the entire system, higher quality fittings, piping, electrical systems, etc. Being an aircraft mechanic, I know these things can be accomplished. I'd rather have a better quality product and less bling.

That being said... I still want one... Woe is me... I'm gonna be in BIG trouble with DW...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I found these today and immediately wanted one. Pricey! However, I spent about an hour reading and I'm less impressed. I primarily bought my TT so I can do other things. Unfortunately, I am spending too much time working on it, and not enough time doing what I really want. There is talk on another thread that the price will come down, but the quality inside will not be as good. I am even less impressed if they do that. I just wish someone would build something I could have and not work on all the time with things like drains that actually drain the entire system, higher quality fittings, piping, electrical systems, etc. Being an aircraft mechanic, I know these things can be accomplished. I'd rather have a better quality product and less bling.

That being said... I still want one... Woe is me... I'm gonna be in BIG trouble with DW...
Giant rec. world here in winter garden has 15 of them and you can pick one up this weekend for 56,000 for a 90,000 list wright flyer
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #11

Quote:

Hi, I've owned all kinds of motor homes, buses, and others. This is my first tt. As a mechanic like you are......you wouldn't have a job if it weren't for maintenence or mechanical failure. Right? Lol! If you can't work on above listed, or have deep pockets don't buy anything. These units aren't perfect but what is. As Bob stated they have come way down from the original price and that's a good thing. I didn't pay the asking price but didn't get the best deal either. So far I'm happy with my purchase. I've had few few issues which were easy fixes and updated some interior furnishings so for the most part it's all good . Time will tell if its up to snuff. Factory has been helpful in answering questions and covering defective parts and that's a plus to me. The aviator is a pretty cool unit...but don't ever expect to get anything trouble free...ain't gonna happen. Btw, before this unit I owned a Blue Bird Wanderlodge for 8 years.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #12

After reading responses, I'll be sticking with what I have. Sure, I'm a little peeved at having to fix some stuff, but I'd be thoroughly pissed off if I had paid more than twice as much for the trailer... And... I did use it for a touch more than 2 years, trouble free.

Enjoy your rigs, folks... The Aviators are beautiful, just not for me...
Old 09-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #13

Quote:
After reading responses, I'll be sticking with what I have. Sure, I'm a little peeved at having to fix some stuff, but I'd be thoroughly pissed off if I had paid more than twice as much for the trailer... And... I did use it for a touch more than 2 years, trouble free.

Enjoy your rigs, folks... The Aviators are beautiful, just not for me...
to be honest at the discounted prices there is not another TT that you can compare to them for construction and durability, they are built like a tank with a gross weight around 11,000, its not really a TT for a 1/2 ton truck.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #14

Yes, I know... I was working up a lead in for a 3/4 ton diesel... because it's not a 1/2 ton type trailer... The Minister of Finance ain't buyin' it... NONE of it... DANG!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #15

I went for the 1 ton dually diesel, not as bad towing as my 36 CKTS but you know its back there.