Old 07-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
BamaCamper

Question Concerned almost owner

Hello Everyone,

We put a deposit on what may be the last brand new aviator. We flew to Oregon to check it out and fell in love with the camper. Then back in the hotel I found this forum. Now my mind is racing. Very concerned if I am buying a barrel of problems. Our last four digit number is #1912. It is a beautiful wright flyer. We expressed this form to the salesmen and he talked with his owner who in turn is giving us a 7 year extended warranty to help ease our fears. Theprice has been greatly reduced so as one of members stated I don't think I will take a blood bath in this HOPEFULLY! What do you Aviator owners think is it truly worth this after owning one for a while.

Concerned,
Carol

cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #2

The Aviator certainly is cool rig. Too bad they didn't "fly"...

If you are getting a significant discount and an extented warranty, and you like it better than an Airstream or whatever else, why not? If you plan to trade it in a couple years, might not be a good investment, but if you like it and keep it for the long term, it may be a pretty good deal.

I would, however, go through the extended warranty with a fine tooth comb looking for exclusions. Water damage is a common exclusion - which can be a major cause of repairs if you have a leak on the roof or around a window that does damage to the walls.

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
BamaCamper

Thank you for that advice! What kind of issues if any have you experienced?
Old 07-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
Site Team

Keep in mind the number of posts you are reading about in comparison to this site's membership of almost 61,000 members. Like with most things people tend to speak up more when unhappy. Take in all information you can and then make the best choice.

Does anyone know if the second year warranty is available on the Aviator or not? I know there's an extended warranty offer on the table but I was wondering if this also could be an option in additional and if it would have better coverage for year 2.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:10 PM   #5
BamaCamper

Well we made the leap. We talked with Forest River and the dealer gave us a bumper to bumper warranty for 7 years to ease our concerns. And forest river sad they do carry spare parts and replacement windows for this unit.
So we are now the proud owners a 2013 Wright Flyer Aviator!
Old 07-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjearle2 View Post
Well we made the leap. We talked with Forest River and the dealer gave us a bumper to bumper warranty for 7 years to ease our concerns. And forest river sad they do carry spare parts and replacement windows for this unit.
So we are now the proud owners a 2013 Wright Flyer Aviator!
Congrats on your new Aviator. We'd all love to see pics
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:15 PM   #7
Site Team

Congrats on your new Wright Flyer Aviator! And as someone else stated in another post - let the good times begin!!

When do you take delivery? As with any unit I would suggest insisting on a detailed walk-through (PDI). Ask lots of questions and take good notes. A smart phone can come in handy for taking pictures and video. We are also here if you have questions or need help.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #8
BamaCamper

Now the owner

Well we made the leap. We talked with Forest River and forest river said they do carry spare parts and replacement windows for the Aviator. And the dealer gave us a bumper to bumper warranty for 7 years to ease our concerns.
So we are now the proud owners a 2013 Wright Flyer Aviator! We drive up to Oregon in August to pick it up. Can not wait. Looking forward to possibly running into another Aviator camper on the road. How many owners live in the south? We live in Alabama.
F-250 2014
Old 07-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #9
BamaCamper

We take delivery of it in August. That is the only time we can drive up to OR. We live in Alabama . Sutton RV flew us up to OR this past weekend and we did a preliminary walk thru. That is when they offered us the extended warranty at no cost to help us make up our minds. You offered great advice and thank you for that. Can not wait to hopefully meet an Aviator owner on the road home with it. We are planning to camp our way home. EXCITED
Old 07-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #10
BamaCamper

Thanks! When we pick it up in August I will post Pics on our travels across the states. Will be driving from Or to home in AL.