Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2015, 03:46 PM   #21
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
I'm glad Bankston is taking care of you. In return, they are getting some free positive advertising from you! I was amazed to see the price of used going up. That is very unusual in the RV business. When we bought our Aviator I told my wife I hoped we weren't making a big and expensive mistake but now it appears we made a wise choice.
Yes! we said the same thing. In fact I cried most of the way home from Oregon saying oh we have made an expensive mistake! Jaime at Bankston was very sympathic with us and said to give him a chance and he will help us get it right. and HE has so far!! I was very relieved to see your post about about the rvtrader and checked it out! I got excited. But of course we plan on keeping ours. Like someone posted we need to start charging admission, every where we go some- one wants to see it. It is comfortable and an eye turner. Want to do somethings to personalize it!
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:41 PM   #22

I have so far concentrated mostly on improving and strengthening what is already on or in my Aviator. I have done a few custom things. I put a new backsplash behind the stove and added inside access doors to the storage cabinets under the dinette. BlackhatMike has done some custom things too. I know someone else re-covered the dinette cushions in leather. The factory fabric isn't the greatest but it is good enough. If it wears out then we will have it redone with something nicer. I read someone else took the couch out of the slide and put in recliners instead. Recliners are nice but I like the couch too and we have used the fold out sleeper several times already. With so few Aviators built, I think future sales of used Aviators will mostly be a case of if you want one you want one and the cost will be a secondary consideration.

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:28 PM   #23
cjearle

Exactly! I have been looking at smart tiles and Tin backlash to do around the stove! Back and side of stove! I too want to recover the dinette. The material on there is hard slide on when trying to sit on the back side. The material grabs at clothing! I remember seeing your pics on the doors put on the under dinette storage. You can have fun personalizing the aviator to fit your needs! Also want o make it nostalgic but modern! We will see! Can not wait to get it back so we can go camping again.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:09 AM   #24

It's unreal reading about the Aviators. I'm a 2011 Earthbound Golden Ridge owner. If you look them up, we have a page or whatever it's called on Face Book, they look like FR copied them to make the Aviator. EB made about 70 in several different models before going bankrupt. My outside screws rusted and I replaced them with stainless. So many of the problems are the same. EB has aluminum inner and outer walls, composite roof and floor, same cabinets, same (optional) front window...on and on. No wood at all. Our EB weighs in at 4900 lbs dry weight and 6500 GVWR. I pull it with a Silverado half ton. We're (EB owners) are hoping it too will become a collectors item. I bought a 2009 FR Sunseeker 3100SS last summer and kept the EB. I still like it but it was a tight fit with me, the wife and our teenage grandson in it for the two months we did hosting at Shawnee SP in southern Ohio. For just the wife and I it is fine. We lived in it a couple of years ago for five months. We've been all over the East with it from Ohio to Mississippi, FL, GA TN, KY, SC, NC, WV, PA, and IN. She had a stroke last summer but is doing pretty good. We'll keep on as long as we can. She's 70 and I'm 68. Retired USAF.
Captain Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #25

Welcome to the forum Captain Bob. I agree there are a lot of similarities with Earthbound. The cabinetry especially looks like it is from the same manufacturer as those found in the Aviator. It seems when the RV industry tries something unique the cost per square foot becomes much more than the average RV owner is willing to spend and those looking at higher end models usually go bigger which leaves a limited market for higher quality medium sized trailers. At 34 feet and an 11k gross, my Wright Flyer is no lightweight but the length, weight and price puts it square in 5th wheel country which many prefer at that size and price point. Even with a limited market, with so few produced I think these types of trailers will hold their value quite well as the fact they will not rot becomes apparent. You also have to move into a Class A motor home with the big tall windshields to get the same kind of wide open view I enjoy in my Aviator.
I'm sorry to hear about your wife. My wife and I are going to try and retire around 60 and hopefully enjoy as much as we can before the inevitable health problems become too great.

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 01-30-2015, 11:37 PM   #26
cjearle

Welcome Captain Bob! Sorry to hear about your wife. Pray for a quick recovery. We love our Aviator WF and the uniqueness of it. And love that we don't have to worry about rot!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:21 PM   #27
cjearle

Here ya Aviator owners! Hope to see there!
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
That is AWESOME cjearle2!!!

If any who are reading this thread are interested in attending the BamaGanza, I would ask you a favor and drop me a email. I am trying to keep a consolidated spreadsheet that we can use to manage the rally so if you could send the following information to: bob@williamsnet.org, it will greatly aid in our planning and management of the rally!!

Your Name (First Last)
Significant Other Name (First, Last)
Any Children attending (First, Last)
Any FurKids Attending (First, Last)
Your Cell phone Number
Your Significant Other’s Cell Phone Number
Your Email Address
Your Significant Other’s email address.

RIG INFO:
Type (e.g. Motorhome, 5th Wheel)
Make (e.g. Coachman, Rockwood)
Model (e.g. Sportscoach, 8289WKS)
Length
Number of Slides
Power requirement (20, 30 or 50 AMP)

When you email me your info, I will reply to you with 6 Actual's and my info so you will have a way to contact us.

Rally Details...again

October 15-18 2015
Noccalula Falls Park, Gadsden AL

Rally cost: Paid directly to the Campground
30/50AMP/Water/Sewage/Cable: $63.51
30 AMP Water (Possibility of cable if you bring a long COAX): $48.39

The Campground will start taking reservations 1 JUL (Don't worry, I will send out a email blast to remind you to register )
Old 02-26-2015, 11:23 PM   #28
cjearle

Should be getting my Aviator back within a week. Excited!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #29
cjearle

Okay Aviator owners! Who all is going to register for Goshen 2015? Registration opens sometime early this month. Just FYI! Hope to have a good Aviator turn out. Don't know about y'all but I am tired of ole man winter. ready for some camping.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #30

I love my Aviator but I still have the leak which has made my slide floor buckle. It has been in the repair place since November. I even have pictures of water coming through wall and to floor but repair place says he cannot find the leak. My slide out sits about 6 inches up off of floor when closed. If any of you could shoot picture to me with your slide close of how it looks I would appreciate it. I have told the repair people since it got wet it has risen off the floor. Maybe your picture could explain it. I have had it one year and it has been in shop 8 months!!!!
lorettayoung1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #31

I can't believe that you are still having the same problem! My slide sits about 1 inch above the floor when closed and flush when open. I posted a photo as you requested. I don't know why yours would be so high or why it would buckle because the base is a type of composite and should not be affected by water. Does the water only show up when you are hooked to water or your water pump is on or do you think it is rain related? Can you post your pictures of the water and your slide? If you recall, I had a similar leak running under the bathroom wall soaking the slide carpet but it was easy to trace the source. Tell us what you know and I think we can figure it out. It just can't be that complicated. Eight months in the shop is ridiculous!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Av floor.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	73822  

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 04-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #32

If the water is only coming in after a rain, it's probably the slide seals. kenhwy61 is right about the leaks in the pex hoses behide the shower. Try removing the panel at the outside shower/dump valve compartment and taking a look. Only 4 screws and a pull. LOTS of hoses back there and you may find your leak. I did!
Also, don't know where to post it, but here is another FR recall notice.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...tsa_ids=15V156
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:24 PM   #33

I can't figure out how to insert the picture.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:02 PM   #34

loretta, if the photo is on your computer, click on the reply button to make a post then scroll down and click the "manage attachments" tab. Another window will open. Click on one of the " choose a file" rectangle buttons. This will open your computer where you can find the photo you want to upload. Be sure to click the upload button to upload you photo. It sounds more complicated than it really is!

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 04-11-2015, 01:36 PM   #35

Here is where the leak isClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	73918Click image for larger version

Views:	167
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	73918
Old 04-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #36

Another view.Click image for larger version

Views:	186
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	73920
Old 04-11-2015, 02:24 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettayoung1954 View Post
Another view.Attachment 73920
Loretta. Where is the compartment of this photo?? I can't figure out where it is!!?
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #38

Its right under the TV in bedroom. It's the inside of wall behind shower.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #39

Thanks for clarifying. You do have a Wright-flyer is that right? So it sounds like you have water leaking from either side of the shower when hooked to city water or when your water pump is on. Is this correct?

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 04-21-2015, 11:19 AM   #40

Well the only option Forest River is giving me is to drive 2700miles round trip to get my trailer fixed. I turned it over to my attorney as of 11:15 today. Tired of messing with this

Tags
dealer