Old 09-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #11

The thermometer is located under the big windows so that may have something to do with the heat loading. I think it's more of an issue with the distribution of the cool air than enough cool air.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:27 PM   #12

Decided to go with a fifth wheel

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm going to sell my Forest River Aviator Wright Flyer. It is #1923. It has premium paint and ALL FOUR brand new 10 ply tires.

Feel free to call me anytime.

Thank you.

Steve Eckart
in Leander, Texas
512-260-2274

Old 10-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #13

Selling awf #1923

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've decided to purchase a fifth wheel and am now selling my Aviator Wright Flyer #1923. I purchased it a year ago at Mid State RV in Georgia for $28,500.

Any takers at this price?

Thanks,

Steve Eckart
in Leander, Texas
512-260-2274
Old 10-17-2016, 01:08 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEckart View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've decided to purchase a fifth wheel and am now selling my Aviator Wright Flyer #1923. I purchased it a year ago at Mid State RV in Georgia for $28,500.

Any takers at this price?

Thanks,

Steve Eckart
in Leander, Texas
512-260-2274
That's a great price. I'll put the word out on my end...
Old 11-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
If I didn't already own one, I would buy it in a heartbeat. That's a giveaway price to say the least! You shouldn't have any problem if you get the word out there. IMHO, if you price it too low, people will think something is wrong with it. This comes from years in sales.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
If I didn't already own one, I would buy it in a heartbeat. That's a giveaway price to say the least! You shouldn't have any problem if you get the word out there. IMHO, if you price it too low, people will think something is wrong with it. This comes from years in sales.
No idea what the right starting price should be, but that's right on the money for sales price if you look at the two comps provided in this thread.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:17 AM   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
Saltsman.
I've added full solar [600 watts], 5000/10,000 watt inverter, auto transfer switch, external sewer hose tubes, three additional AGM batteries, upgraded to E rated Maxxis tires, additional spare tire, TST TPMS and internal cabinet lights throughout. If I were putting a reasonable price on it, it would be in the high $40K. No way you could buy a comparable unit for less. Oh yes, almost forgot, added a King Quest satellite dish on top.
These Aviator units are built like tanks and nothing has been built with the same features since. Just having a rot-proof floor is worth a lot since so many units are destroyed by leaks.
In my years of selling things, one lesson I've learned is if you want to sell something, mark it up, not down. If it's too cheap, people figure something is wrong with it or you are in a bind and NEED to sell it. Stand your ground and know what you have. To hell with the "book values" as they are only a guide. I've been doing this for a long time and have left very little money on the table when the dealing is done.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #18

Hi we are new owners of the British Columbia Wright Flyer #1915 (Just picked it up yesterday) I had just one quick question about the reset of the keyless entry, how is it done and set to your own code? Do you know or have a site for this info?

Thanks

2013 Wright Flyer Touring Edition
2014 Ram 2500HD
Old 11-22-2016, 12:21 PM   #19

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! The Aviator owner's group is a small bunch but can help you with most any Aviator specific question you may have. The Aviator is one of the most solid travel trailers ever built but it is not without its quirks. I would ask here before any trip to the dealer. As far as your door keypad goes they were made by a company called poplocks I added a link below. I wasn't too happy with the operation of mine and replaced it with a RV Lock brand keyless entry. Post up a picture of your new camper!

HDC - poplocks.com

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:32 PM   #20

New used Aviator

Attachment 126263

Attachment 126264

Attachment 126265

Attachment 126266

Attachment 126267

Hi , we have had our new aquistion for about 2 weeks now. It's totally unique. We previolusly had a 32' Rockwood, 2006. We decided to upgrade,and looked at new ones , and the quality and fit and finish on the "brand" names was questionable at best. Then we found this one on the internet , even though its used lightly, its features and quality are way up there. Even then we had little things that we had to address, the first was setting up the Sat system, it is HD PVR ,so we had to turn the incoming cable line in to a sat line, the PVR require 2 incoming cable from the dish . Then we ran a HDMI line from the sat receiver down from above the tv , behind the fireplace into the belly and back up under the kitchen sink, then to the outside tv. Hd sat outside then , a bit of work for sure but worth it. We took the 32" tv and put it outside , and were able to fit a 50" above the fireplace, again a bit of work , but awesome. And yesterday my crafty wife tackled the front window curtains, we installed a lower curtain rod with rollers and she made up the new curtains, they look 100% better than the saggy dark ones that were there. A few other little things to do , but looking forward to spring so we can check it out, gonna be a long winter.

2013 Aviator Wright Flyer 1915
2014 Ram 2500 Cummins long box
2013 Hyundai Veloster turbo
2011 Polaris RZR 800 (will fit in long box )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	126276   Click image for larger version

Name:	a2.jpg
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	126277   Click image for larger version

Name:	a3.jpg