Old 03-27-2014, 05:09 PM   #1

New Owner

It's good to find other Aviator owners. I am now, after the product intro failed, an owner for a Wright Flyer. We look forward to many enjoyable trips, hopefully without major issues. Any insight that can be sent my way is appreciated. My main interest is insuring its long life span. Mine came with a wiresless router. Does anyone know where they hide it? I have looked everywhere that I can think of with no success. It's become a treasure hunt. Almost at a point where I don't want help because I'm enjoying the search but I have a couple of things that I need to do with it. Best wishes to all.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #2

thought it was built in the sony blu ray

Old 03-27-2014, 07:44 PM   #3

The Sony Blu Ray Player has a wireless network adapter but must communicate through a "router". They are using a standard linksys router. Thanks to another forum member, I have actually put my hand on it. Now the fun begins. IP network camera on the back of the TT and tablet on the dash so I can see what's behind the trailer. Same setup that I had on the previous trailer.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #4

god luck with that, I got rid of my wright flyer while I was on vacation last month, its camping worlds problem child now.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #5

We will see how it goes. Never know.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #6

not a bad product but will eat you out of house and home once warranty is over, FR will not be stocking Aviator specific parts so any specific parts will be special order from the vendor , but good luck hopefully you got in on the bargain basement prices, those of us that have moved on did not, pretty much a blood bath at trade in . After buying into the FR Ridgeview and than the Aviator, I for one am done with them, I have gone on to Heartland, so far its been good.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #7

I did get a good price. We left behind an older Heartland looking for something with better materials. I'm thinking in the back of my mind that they might be reintroducing the line in a couple of years. They are on the right track, just did it wrong.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #8

that product line is done, they lost way too much money to ever try to compete with Airstream ever again.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #9

What a waist of R & D. Either way, I'm not dissatisfied. Decent product at a right price. Like many other things I've done, you take a chance and see what happens.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #10

yes it is a nice RV but those of us who paid closer to MSRP , it was not the right price. Bought mine in May 2013 paid 70,000 by July it was worth 50,000 on the same lot, traded on Feb. 2014 wont even go into what I got but can buy the same one at the same dealer for less than 40,000 new.